PDA

View Full Version : Nick James

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2013, 04:11 PM
Paul Jones just released his practice notes from the day, and apparently Nick James tore it up.

Paul said that Nick James moves as fast anyone he has ever seen at that size.

Said that if Nick James plays hard like he did today, him and CJ could be one of the best DT combos in the country.

James had multiple sacks at practice today.

And we red shirted him which means he has 3 years left to play 3 years.

http://www.toplessrobot.com/black-sheep.jpg

CadaverDawg
12-14-2013, 04:19 PM
Hell yes. 1 of 2 aint bad!

Op4isabitch
12-14-2013, 04:28 PM
Damn the QB must of had twinkies in his pocket.....only thing I've heard of that makes Nick move quickly**

RougeDawg
12-14-2013, 05:51 PM
If true, good for him. Sometimes all people need is to be humbled and given a 2nd chance. Hope he keeps it up and proves the doubters wrong. Would be a huge boost to us next year, on an already stout D Line.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2013, 06:07 PM
One MSU writer today even the compared the James situation to the Charles Rhodes/Walter Sharp issue. Once Sharp left, Rhodes got much much better. Said this situation was very similar and could have a very similar result.

MetEdDawg
12-14-2013, 06:07 PM
If true, good for him. Sometimes all people need is to be humbled and given a 2nd chance. Hope he keeps it up and prices the doubters wrong. Would be a huge boost to us next year, on an already stout D Line.

What are teams going to do with a DL rotation of Chris Jones, PJ Jones, Preston Smith, Nick James, Kaleb Eulls, Ryan Brown, AJ Jefferson, and Nelson Adams? Not much I'm thinking. Add a LB core of McKinney, the Brown Brothers, Wells, Dez Harris, and potentially Arrington, then throw in a secondary of Redmond, Love, Calhoun, Cox, Market, Hughes, and Evans. Sorry folks, but it's hard not to feel amazingly confident that this could be our best defense ever and is one of those defenses that teams have restless weeks thinking about.

Coach34
12-14-2013, 06:28 PM
the 2014 defense has a real chance to be a 1980, 1999 type of defense

Statecoachingblows**
12-14-2013, 06:40 PM
Add to it the fact that our offense SHOULD put up some pretty good numbers as far as pints go and it could be a really memorable year.

MetEdDawg
12-14-2013, 06:45 PM
And we should still be solid in 2015 as well. Wells is the only LB we lose. We lose a good bit on the DL in Preston, PJ Jones, Eulls, Virges, but we still have Chris Jones, Nick James (hopefully), AJ Jefferson, Ryan Brown, and Nelson Adams. We lose Cox and Love in the secondary, but Arrington and Hughes will both be back, Calhoun, Redmond, Evans, Market, Irvin-Sills, Cleveland will still be there.

The big question going forward is who is going to anchor the DL in the future. We need to have a big DL class in 2015 and I think you can see we have started that process with Washington and Moton and the fact that we have many other prospects on the DL for 2015.

gravedigger
12-14-2013, 07:25 PM
It is very difficult to keep from having overblown expectations for next season.

Special teams notwithstanding.

HoopsDawg
12-14-2013, 07:32 PM
the 2014 defense has a real chance to be a 1980, 1999 type of defense

If there is one area I wish we could upgrade it would be edge rushers.

Squidawg11
12-14-2013, 07:46 PM
I agree with everything you said, but Washington will be a LB. He does not weigh near enough to be a DL.

And we should still be solid in 2015 as well. Wells is the only LB we lose. We lose a good bit on the DL in Preston, PJ Jones, Eulls, Virges, but we still have Chris Jones, Nick James (hopefully), AJ Jefferson, Ryan Brown, and Nelson Adams. We lose Cox and Love in the secondary, but Arrington and Hughes will both be back, Calhoun, Redmond, Evans, Market, Irvin-Sills, Cleveland will still be there.

The big question going forward is who is going to anchor the DL in the future. We need to have a big DL class in 2015 and I think you can see we have started that process with Washington and Moton and the fact that we have many other prospects on the DL for 2015.

thunderclap
12-14-2013, 08:06 PM
Dear Santa, please bring us a good special teams coach. We have been good boys.

smootness
12-14-2013, 08:11 PM

McKinney will probably be gone as well.

thunderclap
12-14-2013, 08:59 PM
CJ should be all the example and motivation Nick needs.