PDA

View Full Version : Somebody Answer This For Me

DoinItDoggyStyle
12-14-2013, 02:02 PM
Why has the game of change not been the subject of a 30for30?....

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2013, 02:12 PM

Because it doesn't fit the narrative of Mississippi being a racist state

Bothrops
12-14-2013, 05:18 PM

This is actually correct.

OldFatDog
12-14-2013, 05:23 PM

Actually, it does fit that narrative. The state prohibited the team from going. The state of Mississippi does not come across good in this story. The courage of a small group of people opposing the racist actions of the state makes this a story.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2013, 05:25 PM
Actually, it does fit that narrative. The state prohibited the team from going. The state of Mississippi does not come across good in this story. The courage of a small group of people opposing the racist actions of the state makes this a story.

True, but you get the point. Heaven forbid ESPN do anything that places Mississippi or Mississippi State in a good light. If they did that they would have to write up some new jokes and punchlines.

LilSebastian
12-14-2013, 05:28 PM

It probably has more to do with the fact that filmmakers haven't expressed an interest in making the film -- we aren't exactly pumping out the creative types so that makes sense.

FlabLoser
12-14-2013, 05:33 PM
Veazey wrote a book about Game Of Change. Veazey was surprised nobody had written a book about it before.

Copies of that need to be pushed to film makers.

OurState
12-14-2013, 06:47 PM

Somebody beat them to the story. 30 for 30 won't copy other stuff. Even if it deserves to be copied.

Dawgowar
12-14-2013, 06:55 PM

A Manning did not play in it.

Coach34
12-14-2013, 07:06 PM
Somebody beat them to the story. 30 for 30 won't copy other stuff. Even if it deserves to be copied.

hmmm, considering there have been books written on Meredith entering OM and the OM football team that year- that excuse doesnt hold water

OurState
12-14-2013, 09:40 PM
hmmm, considering there have been books written on Meredith entering OM and the OM football team that year- that excuse doesnt hold water

Exception due to the rule of making southern states look backwards

engie
12-14-2013, 10:00 PM
There's been plenty written about our baseball team.

That didn't stop them from coming to town -- and having something big in the pipeline for it(not yet officially announced -- but it was the crew behind 30 for 30 that was in town).

Game of Change will be a 30-for-30 or something very, very similar. Just a matter of time...

DoinItDoggyStyle
12-14-2013, 10:16 PM
That didn't stop them from coming to town -- and having something big in the pipeline for it(not yet officially announced -- but it was the crew behind 30 for 30 that was in town).
care to elaborate any further on this? You've piqued my interest

engie
12-14-2013, 10:27 PM
care to elaborate any further on this? You've piqued my interest

No details are known(at least not anything much from me). The people behind 30 for 30 spent a few days filming at Dudy Noble and our baseball facilities in general a couple of months ago. I forget when they said we should expect an official announcement -- but our writers implied that it should be a pretty big deal...

DoinItDoggyStyle
12-14-2013, 10:34 PM
oh yeah I remember Bob talking about that this summer..

bgdog
12-14-2013, 11:11 PM
True, but you get the point. Heaven forbid ESPN do anything that places Mississippi or Mississippi State in a good light.

At least once a week people come on this board bitching about the OM spin machine and how all of the national media can't get oxfords cock out of their mouth. Can't have it both ways man.

Not everything (hardly anything, really) is a conspiracy.

MaroonState
12-14-2013, 11:28 PM
No details are known(at least not anything much from me). The people behind 30 for 30 spent a few days filming at Dudy Noble and our baseball facilities in general a couple of months ago. I forget when they said we should expect an official announcement -- but our writers implied that it should be a pretty big deal...

Thought I saw it mentioned somewhere (maybe here) that it was going to be a SEC Storied about Will Clark.