PDA

View Full Version : Alabama/MS All-Star football game....

engie
12-14-2013, 12:59 PM
Starts at 12 today on local channels all over MS.

MSU commits:
Dontavian Lee
Aeris Williams
Braxton Hoyett

Targets:
Grant Harris
JT Gray
Cory Thomas
Marlon Humphrey
Jordan Sims

Other players of interest:
Kendrick Doss(OM QB signee this year)
Keith Holcombe(former MSU commit)
Breeland Speaks
Tito Windham(OK commit)
Devin Voorhies(LSU commit)
Markell Pack
CJ Hampton
Alvin Moore
DK Buford

CadaverDawg
12-14-2013, 01:05 PM
I'm thinking 21-9 Alabama wins it. MS Defense should be good...but no offense

Op4isabitch
12-14-2013, 01:11 PM
CJ Hampton got burnt on that TD

engie
12-14-2013, 01:12 PM
Wow CJ Hampton. That was terrible

CadaverDawg
12-14-2013, 01:12 PM
Well...maybe I was wrong about the D, ha

Op4isabitch
12-14-2013, 01:13 PM
Is there any other Coach in the State of Mississippi aside from Lance Pogue?

Op4isabitch
12-14-2013, 01:22 PM
Nice TD by Aeris!

Whats the story on Epps?

engie
12-14-2013, 01:24 PM
Aeris Williams runs through a few guys for a TD.

OM TE commit Sammie Epps makes a bad ass catch deep over Marlon Humphrey, who had pretty good coverage on him to set up the Williams TD...

Sacrifice
12-14-2013, 01:26 PM
Our RBs will be hurtin some folks the next few years...

engie
12-14-2013, 01:35 PM
Pack with a drop

CadaverDawg
12-14-2013, 01:37 PM
Really would like to get Cory Thomas

Op4isabitch
12-14-2013, 01:38 PM
Yeah Big Cory is Killing the MS OLine.

CadaverDawg
12-14-2013, 01:39 PM
That Avery kid from Grenada is good. Where is he committed? He reminds me of an Isaac Gross...a little undersized, but great quickness and instincts. He is all over the AL backfield

engie
12-14-2013, 01:44 PM
Speaks with a huge TFL on 4th and inches...

MS with good field position and a chance to take the lead here...

engie
12-14-2013, 01:46 PM
That Avery kid from Grenada is good. Where is he committed? He reminds me of an Isaac Gross...a little undersized, but great quickness and instincts. He is all over the AL backfield
Not committed. Got offers from Memphis, MTSU, and Hudspeth. I expect him to go with his teammate Shareef White to ULL as of today...

CadaverDawg
12-14-2013, 01:49 PM
Not committed. Got offers from Memphis, MTSU, and Hudspeth. I expect him to go with his teammate Shareef White to ULL as of today...

Oh ok. Thanks

engie
12-14-2013, 01:51 PM
Pack seemed to hear footsteps on that one. Humphrey on the coverage. Ball was very high, but catchable to a 6'4 receiver...

CadaverDawg
12-14-2013, 01:54 PM
Looks like ole miss is getting some good ones in Speaks and Epps. I'm sure Pack will be good too.

Meanwhile, Aeris is the only player for us that I've noticed. My volume is turned down...has Lee or Hoyett played or done anything so far? Or any of our other guys?

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2013, 01:59 PM
Looks like ole miss is getting some good ones in Speaks and Epps. I'm sure Pack will be good too.

Meanwhile, Aeris is the only player for us that I've noticed. My volume is turned down...has Lee or Hoyett played or done anything so far? Or any of our other guys?

Remember that Gerri Green, Graham, Jess Jackson, and Brandon Bryant aren't playing the game.

Op4isabitch
12-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Williams is looking great...good hard runner!

CadaverDawg
12-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Remember that Gerri Green, Graham, Jess Jackson, and Brandon Bryant aren't playing the game.

I know. I'm just talking about guys that are playing

CadaverDawg
12-14-2013, 02:02 PM
Williams is looking great...good hard runner!

I agree. He looks like the perfect back for us. Good, hard nosed, fall forward back that appears to have some good speed too. He has that look of a great RB to me. Kinda reminds me of Anthony Dixon out of high school

engie
12-14-2013, 02:07 PM

Lee and Hoyett have done nothing thusfar.

Cory Thomas has dominated. Best DL on either side thusfar IMO -- followed closely by Speaks...

engie
12-14-2013, 02:17 PM
Epps for the TD. Kid is a steal. Best WR on either team right now...

Kendrick Doss has looked really bad thusfar.

Genard Avery is awesome on Special Teams. He can fly for his size...

Sacrifice
12-14-2013, 02:18 PM
I've seen the Speaks kid play 3 times this year and he dominated the game every time. He's gonna be a good one for ole miss I wish we could flip him.

engie
12-14-2013, 02:19 PM
I've seen the Speaks kid play 3 times this year and he dominated the game every time. He's gonna be a good one for ole miss I wish we could flip him.

I agree. We've absolutely got to get Cory Thomas in this class... Hopefully, we can make it happen...

Squidawg11
12-14-2013, 02:23 PM
Wyatt Roberts has looked great. Jacksonville State is getting a good one.

CadaverDawg
12-14-2013, 03:02 PM
Are we after Matthew Davis from South Panola? Seems like a really good LB, but I'm assuming with no commitment, he may be a grade casualty or something? Anybody know e story on him?

Ronny
12-14-2013, 03:08 PM
..commited to Oklahoma will never set foot inside the Oklahoma state boundries.

engie
12-14-2013, 03:12 PM
Stallworth, the DL headed to USCe, is totally taking this game over...

chef dixon
12-14-2013, 03:15 PM
Not sure anyone on MS has blocked anyone all game

engie
12-14-2013, 03:17 PM
Voorhies cost us on that kick return and the missed tackle on the TD just before it...

CadaverDawg
12-14-2013, 03:18 PM
Nm

HancockCountyDog
12-14-2013, 03:22 PM
Voorhies cost us on that kick return and the missed tackle on the TD just before it...

You know who hasn't impressed me? Five star Tre Williams. I just haven't noticed him. Same with Hampton, unless he was getting beat.

CadaverDawg
12-14-2013, 03:23 PM
Sammy Epps = Huge Get for OM

Did we ever have a chance with that guy?

Op4isabitch
12-14-2013, 03:25 PM
Epps is a stud! We need to get him away from the bears.

Why the frick does Pogues dumb ass have his best RB on the sideline?

maroonmania
12-14-2013, 03:27 PM
Sammy Epps = Huge Get for OM

Did we ever have a chance with that guy?

Exactly, I hadn't heard much about him but he looks awesome. That one handed catch was a thing of beauty.

engie
12-14-2013, 03:27 PM
Where is Aeris?

Ridiculous how productive he was -- and Pogue quit giving him touches...

CadaverDawg
12-14-2013, 03:28 PM
Where is Aeris?

Ridiculous how productive he was -- and Pogue quit giving him touches...

Odd that in crunch time Aeris (MSU commit) is on the bench, while Epps and Pack (OM commits) are not only in the game, but getting all of the targets right now. Strange coincidence.

starkvegasdawg
12-14-2013, 03:30 PM
My mom tutored Epps some (last year I think). Said he is a great kid off the field to. Enjoying watching him today and wishes he was going to state too.

engie
12-14-2013, 03:33 PM
Epps is tremendous...

HancockCountyDog
12-14-2013, 03:35 PM

Cory Thomas is a stud.

HancockCountyDog
12-14-2013, 03:37 PM
I'm perfectly fine with Aeris not getting touches.

I dont want him getting hurt in a meaningless game.

CadaverDawg
12-14-2013, 03:38 PM
Is Aeris Williams hurt?? If not, Pogue is screwing him

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2013, 03:38 PM
Odd that in crunch time Aeris (MSU commit) is on the bench, while Epps and Pack (OM commits) are not only in the game, but getting all of the targets right now. Strange coincidence.

He must be banged up. Played him earlier

msstate7
12-14-2013, 03:40 PM
I'm perfectly fine with Aeris not getting touches.

I dont want him getting hurt in a meaningless game.

Exactly. See stallworth being helped off?

Bothrops
12-14-2013, 03:40 PM
Pogue is screwing him. Has Dontavian Lee even stepped on the field today?

CadaverDawg
12-14-2013, 03:43 PM
Pogue is screwing him. Has Dontavian Lee even stepped on the field today?

I haven't seen Lee 1 time today. And people were saying that Lee looked good in practice.

CadaverDawg
12-14-2013, 03:43 PM
Cory Thomas blew up that 4th down play

engie
12-14-2013, 03:47 PM
Alvin Moore looks really good.

Pogue has royally ****ed up by not giving the ball to Williams AT ALL in the redzone here. What the hell? Has he even been on the field in the second half?

Op4isabitch
12-14-2013, 03:49 PM
Lance Pogue is a really really bad person!

CadaverDawg
12-14-2013, 03:50 PM
Engie, any chance we flip the Moore twins?

maroonmania
12-14-2013, 03:55 PM
Lance Pogue is a really really bad person!

Bothers me much less that MS lost given Pogue is the HC and it being pretty obvious he wasn't going to give MSU commits much playing time.

Op4isabitch
12-14-2013, 03:55 PM
I feel bad for the Mississippi All Stars.....Coaching cost them that game, period.

Bothrops
12-14-2013, 03:57 PM
Another embarrassing finish for MS. Can we stop playing this political, one sided game now?? MS is never going to win it again.

engie
12-14-2013, 04:02 PM
I'm so pissed about this game. Seriously. Pogue is a total idiot.

8 plays = pound it with a scat back and attempt one throw. Jesus H.

I didn't give us a chance before the game -- but damn we should have had that one. And next year, we ought to kick the shit out of them -- if we get a decent coaching staff in place. There will be 3-4 QBs on this team next year better than the best one this year.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2013, 04:08 PM
Can we get Brad Peterson or Neville Bar to be the coach next year. Someone with a little offensive acumen?

engie
12-14-2013, 04:09 PM
Engie, any chance we flip the Moore twins?

No. I don't believe anyway. We want one of them. I don't think we've ever had a committable offer on the table to the other one.

That said, there has been whispers of one of them staying at home to play at USM -- no clue how true or if there is anything to it. If that happens, all bets are off on the other one...

Bothrops
12-14-2013, 04:17 PM
Lance Pogue is an embarrassment to the state. The average casual observer could out-coach him.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2013, 04:33 PM
Apparently Williams sprained his MCL in the game and that is why he didn't play in the second half.

Fader21
12-14-2013, 04:39 PM
I don't know if Brad Peterson or Neville Bar has been coordinators in the MS/AL game. If they haven't then no they can't be the head coach. Its some type pyramid type coaching that you have to do. Asst. Coach, Then Coordinator and then head coach...

PMDawg
12-14-2013, 05:01 PM
Dodd Lee?

engie
12-14-2013, 05:53 PM
I don't know if Brad Peterson or Neville Bar has been coordinators in the MS/AL game. If they haven't then no they can't be the head coach. Its some type pyramid type coaching that you have to do. Asst. Coach, Then Coordinator and then head coach...

So another layer of a ridiculous bureaucracy that already blocks some of the best players in the state from playing in this game?

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2013, 06:05 PM
By all accounts, it looks like MS doesn't take this game serious enough.

Besides the hurt MSU commits, where was Brandon Bryant, O-lineman from Calloway, etc

Mississippi needs to make sure this game is a home and home and take it more seriously, Get the best players, best coaches, etc.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2013, 06:13 PM
Another thing I noticed today that MS needs to fix: Alabama had a player from Madison Academy.

Why can they play private school kids and we can't? Rawlings could've really helped today.

Squidawg11
12-14-2013, 06:24 PM
Madison Academy plays in the AHSAA not in Alabama's private school league. It would be like someone from St. Stan going, which is allowed I think.

Another thing I noticed today that MS needs to fix: Alabama had a player from Madison Academy.

Why can they play private school kids and we can't? Rawlings could've really helped today.

Bigdawg
12-14-2013, 06:41 PM
There is no private school league in Alabama. Mississippi might be the only state in the country thst does that.

engie
12-14-2013, 07:28 PM
Yep -- ANOTHER way that MS is 25 years behind...

All we would have to do is copy exactly how AL and GA do theirs -- with a number weighting to punish the private schools a bit(recruiting and whatnot) somewhere between the weighting those two states use. Really, really simple -- and something our neighboring states have already figured out for us.

The MAIS is scared to compete with black kids on a weekly basis -- and the MHSAA is scared to allow the MAIS an equally competitive environment so the(often superior academic) private schools get the chance to pick off their talent and give them "scholarship" to go to school there. The MAIS is also scared of this because they fear the more complete integration of their schools. Of course, this also ignores the fact that these kids already go to public school for free.

Basically -- it's a loser mentality scared of a competitve environment -- and also scared of joining the modern century in terms of race relations -- and it's doing these kids a disservice in every single way possible.

Squidawg11
12-14-2013, 07:32 PM
There is no private school league in Alabama. Mississippi might be the only state in the country thst does that.

http://www.aisaonline.org/football.html

Squidawg11
12-14-2013, 07:36 PM
Didn't they talk about doing this a while back, but the MHSAA wanted a ridiculous multiplier? I heard that somewhere

Yep -- ANOTHER way that MS is 25 years behind...

All we would have to do is copy exactly how AL and GA do theirs -- with a number weighting to punish the private schools a bit(recruiting and whatnot) somewhere between the weighting those two states use. Really, really simple -- and something our neighboring states have already figured out for us.

The MAIS is scared to compete with black kids on a weekly basis -- and the MHSAA is scared to allow the MAIS an equally competitive environment so the(often superior academic) private schools get the chance to pick off their talent and give them "scholarship" to go to school there. The MAIS is also scared of this because they fear the more complete integration of their schools. Of course, this also ignores the fact that these kids already go to public school for free.

Basically -- it's a loser mentality scared of a competitve environment -- and also scared of joining the modern century in terms of race relations -- and it's doing these kids a disservice in every single way possible.

Bigdawg
12-14-2013, 07:52 PM
Squid I played sports in Alabama. Never heard of that division but I'm assuming it is very small. Nothing like Mississippi. The difference is in Alabama everybody goes to public schools, there's no MRA, JA, JP in Alabama.

Squidawg11
12-14-2013, 08:04 PM
Squid I played sports in Alabama. Never heard of that division but I'm assuming it is very small. Nothing like Mississippi. The difference is in Alabama everybody goes to public schools, there's no MRA, JA, JP in Alabama.

It may be, I have no idea. I was just pointing out that one does exist. Like I said, not trying to be a jerk. I wish we could be like Alabama in that most everyone goes to public school, but being from the Delta, public school is just not an option here.

engie
12-15-2013, 01:18 AM
Stallworth, the DL headed to USCe, is totally taking this game over...

Kid scheduled an OV with us after this weekend and appears to be a serious flip candidate. Hopefully, he will come be a part of the class... He's my #1 remaining target at DT(along with Cory Thomas obviously -- who could project as a DE or DT depending -- kinda a hybrid IMO).

http://247sports.com/Player/Taylor-Stallworth-29272

He, Cory, and Breeland Speaks stood out as the 3 best DL overall in the Alabama/MS allstar game.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/808133/highlights/25357386

TheDogFather
12-15-2013, 08:35 AM
Dude. Please do not post stuff like that. Jumping to conclusions is what makes message boards interesting. Let us assume Nikoe Whitley, I mean Pogue just ain't worth a shit.