PDA

View Full Version : Bowl Practice Tweet Thread

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2013, 12:15 PM
Gene Swindoll ‏@GeneSwindoll 3m
Justin Cox is working at safety on the 2nd defense.

Does this mean that Cox is now playing O-line?**

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2013, 12:16 PM
Gene Swindoll ‏@GeneSwindoll 13m
Dee Arrington is working at linebacker.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2013, 12:17 PM
Steve Robertson ‏@ScoutSteveR 16h
@THEJonMoxson @TheLeoLewis_40 Leo is the first true SEC MLB in MS in years He has the talent to be special if he keeps working hard.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2013, 12:41 PM
Bob Carskadon ‏@bobcarskadon 4m
QB Nick Fitzgerald, who was in high school yesterday, is practicing for MSU today. Allowed to participate in on-campus practices. Looks good

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2013, 12:43 PM
Michael Bonner ‏@MikeBBonner 2m
Nick Fitzgerald, who was in high school yesterday, with a real nice throw down the sidelines. He throws a nice ball. Has good size too.

CadaverDawg
12-14-2013, 12:44 PM
Good stuff Shotgun. Keep it up

BrunswickDawg
12-14-2013, 12:58 PM
Michael Bonner ‏@MikeBBonner 2m
Nick Fitzgerald, who was in high school yesterday, with a real nice throw down the sidelines. He throws a nice ball. Has good size too.

Steal of the class fellas!

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2013, 01:02 PM
I wonder if Fitzgerald can get his ranking bumped up during these practices?

How could the recruiting websites justify an 81 rating for a guy that looks good and the part at an SEC practice?

Should be the easiest proof of a need to bump a guy up as they have ever had.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2013, 01:04 PM
Bob Carskadon ‏@bobcarskadon 17s
Mullen says they're experimenting with a few position changes to see how they go. Gabe Myles at WR, Dee Arrington at LB, BJ Hammond at TE.

Political Hack
12-14-2013, 01:17 PM
I like the position moves early in bowl practice. I figured Cox would move back, but wasn't sure. Good to see it happen. Going to make the secondary much better IMO.

Belegal
12-14-2013, 01:20 PM
Can Nick James play in bowl game?

Bo Darville
12-14-2013, 01:24 PM
Can Nick James play in bowl game?

Sure he can (unless he is under academic or NCAA suspension). But he would burn his redshirt if he did. So I certainly don't see that happening.

engie
12-14-2013, 01:34 PM
So, IF Arrington is moving to LB(which is surprising given our depth at LB and lack of depth at FS -- insinuating that he may never will be able to learn the assignments at FS -- and Whitley is out, while Cox is running second team -- Does that mean Deontae Evans is our starting FS in the bowl game?

Dawgowar
12-14-2013, 01:42 PM
Gene Swindoll ‏@GeneSwindoll 3m
Justin Cox is working at safety on the 2nd defense.

Does this mean that Cox is now playing O-line?**

How about 'Kickers under hypnosis therapy chanting "The Goalposts Are my friend..."

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2013, 02:05 PM
Nick Fitzgerald sighting. When Dak is talking (3:00 min mark), look over Dak's left shoulder and you'll see Fitz and Williams talking. Then Mullen walks over and talks to them.

Not to be a jock sniffer, but the kid looks good in uniform and like an SEC QB. There is obviously much more that has to be evaluated before we know what we have, but passing the eye test is a part of it. Looks like a good athlete with a nice frame.

Looks like McCarron in uniform, but, as we have seen on video, is much better athlete than McCarron. We'll just have to see if he can throw like McCarron.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I2eIz8GymE&feature=youtu.be