PDA

View Full Version : If I'm Texas , I up offer to Saban yo

cheewgumm
12-14-2013, 10:04 AM
$12 m /Yr. f bama. Make him turn it down.

Coach34
12-14-2013, 10:05 AM
$12 m /Yr. f bama. Make him turn it down.

How do you know they already havent? Saban turning that job down had nothing to do with money- he took less to stay at Bama. Why cant you guys understand this?

cheewgumm
12-14-2013, 10:16 AM
I understand it if it happened. We don't know. Do you know that he has been offered at Texas?

Money does matter. They gave him a raise

There is a number he would take, we just don't know what it is yet. If they offered $20m, he'd take it. So it's just a matter of how much.

FlabLoser
12-14-2013, 10:17 AM
Some people have more money than they can spend. Or more money than they want to spend.

Believe it or not some people are content with what they have and where they are.

cheewgumm
12-14-2013, 10:24 AM
Bama probBly wishes they knew he was content before they gave him a raise.

I don't disagree but to think the money doesn't matter is not exactly right either. I think people think about setting up their family, grand kids. Great grand kids, etc

gravedigger
12-14-2013, 11:20 AM
I think saban's motivation is to end up considered as the greatest college coach of all time. What better place than bama since most believe Paul Bryant was anyway? Texas doesn't provide anything unique except a weaker conference. And more egomaniacle fans.

AROB44
12-14-2013, 11:21 AM
I understand it if it happened. We don't know. Do you know that he has been offered at Texas?

Money does matter. They gave him a raise

There is a number he would take, we just don't know what it is yet. If they offered $20m, he'd take it. So it's just a matter of how much.

Maybe with you......but not everyone. There are people who have made enough and no longer are chasing all the $$$$ they can accumulate. There are other things in life than $$$$.

Coach34
12-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Maybe with you......but not everyone. There are people who have made enough and no longer are chasing all the $$$$ they can accumulate. There are other things in life than $$$$.

This is exactly what some people dont understand. More money doesnt mean better.

Texas doesnt have the passion and commitment of an Alabama. We make fun of those crazyass Gumps, but Mississippi doesnt have the passion or dedication to their teams like the people of Bama do to Alabama football. Alabama is all about Alabama Football 24/7/365.

Lastly- does anybody really think that the great Nick Saban is going to leave and let people say that Gus Malzahn ran him out of Alabama???? You could forget that happening the second Auburn won.