PDA

View Full Version : Herbie tweets Saban signs extension at Bama

Coach34
12-13-2013, 08:43 PM
knew his ass wasnt leaving

MSUDawg4Life
12-13-2013, 08:45 PM
Is signing an extension proof that he's not leaving?

Pollodawg
12-13-2013, 08:47 PM
I am not saying Herbie is wrong, but didn't he have Miles to Michigan right before the 2007 SEC Championship game?

Coach34
12-13-2013, 08:50 PM
Is signing an extension proof that he's not leaving?

yes

Coach34
12-13-2013, 08:55 PM
“@CecilHurt: Nick Saban has agreed to a multi-year contract extension with Alabama. Details upcoming on Tidesports.” BOOM

Pollodawg
12-13-2013, 09:00 PM
Sounds like old Herbie got this one right.

Msujd164
12-13-2013, 09:09 PM
Wow. Brown has meeting with President and AD this evening, it was then rumored he has been given another year.......Saban then signs extension. Makes me think if Brown resigned, Saban was getting the hell out of dodge.

Coach34
12-13-2013, 09:14 PM
Wow. Brown has meeting with President and AD this evening, it was then rumored he has been given another year.......Saban then signs extension. Makes me think if Brown resigned, Saban was getting the hell out of dodge.

It was more like Saban told them no- they decided to give Brown one more year. Saban wasnt going to leave Bama

TheRef
12-13-2013, 09:16 PM
I think it's like Les last year when it was rumored that he would become the head coach at Arky and he used it to get an amazing extension.

Coach34
12-13-2013, 09:18 PM
I think it's like Les last year when it was rumored that he would become the head coach at Arky and he used it to get an amazing extension.

Yep- Saban just wanted to put a little scare in Bama and get some love

SignalToNoise
12-13-2013, 09:31 PM
It was more like Saban told them no- they decided to give Brown one more year. Saban wasnt going to leave Bama

This.

CadaverDawg
12-13-2013, 10:01 PM
Still very much more than "Zero percent chance" or else there wouldn't have been a saga. Ya boy was right

Coach34
12-13-2013, 10:09 PM
Still very much more than "Zero percent chance" or else there wouldn't have been a saga. Ya boy was right

Whaaaaaat?

I said zero chance he would leave....Saban didnt leave- even after insane amounts of money reported

Zero chance

slickdawg
12-13-2013, 10:11 PM
shaggybevo.com is locked down - I'm told it's an epic meltdown going on.

Coach34
12-13-2013, 10:14 PM
shaggybevo.com is locked down - I'm told it's an epic meltdown going on.

It's like I said- he used them for more money and such. He probably wont be the last one to do it to them either

CadaverDawg
12-13-2013, 10:23 PM
Whaaaaaat?

I said zero chance he would leave....Saban didnt leave- even after insane amounts of money reported

Zero chance

Haha, there's no point in arguing you because we're both stubborn...but there wouldn't have been a production over 0%. But you knew that all you had to do was have Saban stay and you couldn't be proved wrong. Technically I can't either though. We argue and debate very similarly.

Coach34
12-13-2013, 10:32 PM
Haha, there's no point in arguing you because we're both stubborn...but there wouldn't have been a production over 0%. But you knew that all you had to do was have Saban stay and you couldn't be proved wrong. Technically I can't either though. We argue and debate very similarly.

The bottom line is I said because I knew he wouldnt go- you dont leave Bama to go to another college. That would be stupid.

And when they reportedly offer that kind of insane money and a possible network share- and you dont go- that means 0% chance you would leave. Because that means there was nothing else they could have offered you

Quaoarsking
12-13-2013, 10:32 PM
Unless his new contract changes things (which I doubt), Saban's contract allows him to leave at any time for any reason with no penalty. So expect this whole saga again next year after Texas goes 7-5 or so.

hells bells
12-13-2013, 10:37 PM
C34. Put your feet in Saban's shoes, would you leave? Note, only if you needed the mooola.

Coach34
12-13-2013, 10:41 PM
C34. Put your feet in Saban's shoes, would you leave? Note, only if you needed the mooola.

No way you leave. He has the best football job in the country in the best conference. And he is already the highest paid coach in college football.

Leaving also means you intend to coach another 5 years or so- and I'm not sure he wants that

CadaverDawg
12-13-2013, 10:45 PM
The bottom line is I said because I knew he wouldnt go- you dont leave Bama to go to another college. That would be stupid.

And when they reportedly offer that kind of insane money and a possible network share- and you dont go- that means 0% chance you would leave. Because that means there was nothing else they could have offered you

Like I said...you nor I know if there was a slim chance or not. You're not right, but neither am I, because we'll never know what went on behind the scenes. I also said he would not leave...just that it was greater than a zero percent chance. Considering all the smoke, I feel confident I was right. In other words, had Bama not agreed to up his pay after the power play he made...he would have left. That in and of itself tells me it was greater than 0%...so.

If you say it was 0%, then you are also saying that had Bama not met his demands he would have simply said, "ok, that's fine if you don't up my pay, I'll stay anyway". That wouldn't have happened, so it was greater than 0%

Coach34
12-13-2013, 11:22 PM
wow...

he had the raise coming once the season ended regardless. That was never in doubt from the Bama side.

Texas offered him everything but a 14 year old Asian girl chained up in his basement and he still said no. When there is nothing a team can offer you to make you take a job- that means Zero chance

Todd4State
12-13-2013, 11:25 PM
No way you leave. He has the best football job in the country in the best conference. And he is already the highest paid coach in college football.

Leaving also means you intend to coach another 5 years or so- and I'm not sure he wants that

I never thought I would type this- but Saban has a chance to pass the Bear in terms of winning National Titles. The Bear has 6 and Saban has 4. If he went to Texas, he would have to rebuild - which would take a couple of years. And he is getting old. He has things the way he wants them at Alabama- and is getting paid plenty.

Also- and I think you said this- in the Big 12, he would be facing an up tempo offense almost every weekend. It's obvious he hasn't totally solved that offense yet.

CadaverDawg
12-13-2013, 11:29 PM
wow...

he had the raise coming once the season ended regardless. That was never in doubt from the Bama side.

Texas offered him everything but a 14 year old Asian girl chained up in his basement and he still said no. When there is nothing a team can offer you to make you take a job- that means Zero chance

Whatever. Everyone knows there was a "chance", so I don't have to debate you to know you were wrong on that one. Done talking about it.

CadaverDawg
12-13-2013, 11:32 PM
I never thought I would type this- but Saban has a chance to pass the Bear in terms of winning National Titles. The Bear has 6 and Saban has 4. If he went to Texas, he would have to rebuild - which would take a couple of years. And he is getting old. He has things the way he wants them at Alabama- and is getting paid plenty.

Also- and I think you said this- in the Big 12, he would be facing an up tempo offense almost every weekend. It's obvious he hasn't totally solved that offense yet.

Yea, I definitely think the job had several intriguing pros to Saban. But at the end of the day, he is very comfortably going to continue winning at a high level. And at his age, with a chance to become a legend like we've never seen...why start something new.

I agree, he could pass Bear, and I'm somewhat expecting it now.

Todd4State
12-13-2013, 11:38 PM
Yea, I definitely think the job had several intriguing pros to Saban. But at the end of the day, he is very comfortably going to continue winning at a high level. And at his age, with a chance to become a legend like we've never seen...why start something new.

I agree, he could pass Bear, and I'm somewhat expecting it now.

He also has a huge lake home in Georgia. I think him being in Texas would make it less convenient for him to be near that.

CadaverDawg
12-13-2013, 11:50 PM
He also has a huge lake home in Georgia. I think him being in Texas would make it less convenient for him to be near that.

Is that where his Mom lives and where his family gets together in the off season? I heard some guy on Finebaum talking about that today. Said Saban wanted to be within driving distance. However, for 10 mil a year, he could buy a jet or a transport tube or something, ha.

Coach34
12-14-2013, 12:00 AM
@geauxcrimson 30m
WHAT THE HELL ARE THE SABANS GUNNA DO WITH THE 4 HOUSES THEY DEFINITELY BOUGHT IN 4 DIFFERENT AUSTIN NEIGHBORHOODS NOW?!?!?

Coach34
12-14-2013, 12:03 AM
" those trailer park meth smoking finebaun pole smoking mother ****ers were scared shitless that UT could take their coach. For ****s sake, the ****ing aggys took their coach. let that sink in."

Coach34
12-14-2013, 12:09 AM
"My wife is asking me why I'm in the bathroom crying, wondering if I just heard that one of my parents passed away."

:p

Coach34
12-14-2013, 12:12 AM
"You beat me to it. Your scenario is the same one I have come up wifh. Mack could have details of Saban cheating and that
convinced Powers to end the Saban to Texas that to me seemed like it was going to happen."

Todd4State
12-14-2013, 12:49 AM
Is that where his Mom lives and where his family gets together in the off season? I heard some guy on Finebaum talking about that today. Said Saban wanted to be within driving distance. However, for 10 mil a year, he could buy a jet or a transport tube or something, ha.

I honestly have no idea where his Mom lives. But his family does get together there in the off season. There is no doubt about that. I also know that he really likes his lakehouse a LOT. Maybe he wants it to be within driving distance because maybe he stops over there some when he is out recruiting and doing speaking engagements in East Alabama? I don't really know.

DownwardDawg
12-14-2013, 07:14 AM
Whatever. Everyone knows there was a "chance", so I don't have to debate you to know you were wrong on that one. Done talking about it.

There is exactly 1 person on the planet that thinks it was a 0% chance, 1. That person also has NO IDEA what Texas did or did not offer Saban. They may not have offered him anything like is being reported. We will never know. We only know that he did not take the job.

Coach34
12-14-2013, 11:15 AM
There is exactly 1 person on the planet that thinks it was a 0% chance, 1. That person also has NO IDEA what Texas did or did not offer Saban. They may not have offered him anything like is being reported. We will never know. We only know that he did not take the job.

Apparently there were alot more- AJ McCarron just got interviewed on SC and I quote- "It wasnt a big deal and not sure why you guys made it such a big deal. Coach told me he was not going to leave and nobody thought that he would"

Paul Finebaum- "This was more about what was happening in College Station. Sumlin getting $5MM forced Sexton and Saban to up the ante with Alabama. Nobody in Alabama really thought he would leave"

Texas offered him alot more money and everything possible to get him to take the job. They offered him more of everything to take their job- and he still didnt leave. When somebody cant offer you enough to take their job- you know what that means????

Zero chance.

Saban and Sexton played Texas like a fiddle