PDA

View Full Version : I have a feeling a lot of kids are going be pretending to be #15 in years to come

AlmostPositive
12-13-2013, 07:06 PM
Can't get the photo of Dak and the kid to post, but here's a link to Coach34's retweet:

https://twitter.com/sparky39762/status/411632751733796865/photo/1 )

Dak P. does not lack for confidence.

MetEdDawg
12-13-2013, 07:31 PM
He's the selling point we've never had. He's a well spoken, good looking guy that plays his balls off on the football field and THAT ladies and gentlemen is what sells tickets and gets people to pay attention to your program.

We've needed a figure head for our football team for a very long time and I believe Dak Prescott is the guy. He is the one that's going to sell MSU football. I think deep down this has been a problem for us. Who are we? Who represents us? When everyone's cards are down and you just have to go out and win the game, who do you go to? We've never had that leader and most all programs that we go against that we aspire to be have that guy. Now when the big win comes, and I believe it will come next season, he is the guy that we get to put on national television for all the world to see. He is the guy we get to turn to for the tough situations. Never been more confident in saying we have found THE guy that we've needed to represent MSU on the big stage.

CadaverDawg
12-13-2013, 07:34 PM
He's the selling point we've never had. He's a well spoken, good looking guy that plays his balls off on the football field and THAT ladies and gentlemen is what sells tickets and gets people to pay attention to your program.

We've needed a figure head for our football team for a very long time and I believe Dak Prescott is the guy. He is the one that's going to sell MSU football. I think deep down this has been a problem for us. Who are we? Who represents us? When everyone's cards are down and you just have to go out and win the game, who do you go to? We've never had that leader and most all programs that we go against that we aspire to be have that guy. Now when the big win comes, and I believe it will come next season, he is the guy that we get to put on national television for all the world to see. He is the guy we get to turn to for the tough situations. Never been more confident in saying we have found THE guy that we've needed to represent MSU on the big stage.

Well said. My sentiments exactly

+1

Pollodawg
12-13-2013, 07:37 PM

Boom. He's a face of the program type of player.

Coach34
12-13-2013, 07:40 PM
We havent had a QB be that type of guy. That makes a huge difference. But no doubt- he is so much more than just a player.

smootness
12-13-2013, 07:56 PM
Yet another guy a bunch of our fans were frustrated we were recruiting. Our staff has great conviction when they find a guy they know is good, regardless of what others say.

Coach34
12-13-2013, 08:05 PM
Yet another guy a bunch of our fans were frustrated we were recruiting. Our staff has great conviction when they find a guy they know is good, regardless of what others say.

I caught quite alot of hell 3 years ago when I said he would take Russell's job before he was done. Alot

But 15 is becoming alot more than just a QB....and it's great to get this kind of player in our program.

drunkernhelldawg
12-13-2013, 10:13 PM
It'll be great if you all are right. Next season will tell it for sure.

hells bells
12-13-2013, 10:29 PM
Can't get the photo of Dak and the kid to post, but here's a link to Coach34's retweet:

https://twitter.com/sparky39762/status/411632751733796865/photo/1 )

Dak P. does not lack for confidence.

No, not a selling point or well spoken. He is a Good Man! We are damn lucky to have him.

hells bells
12-13-2013, 11:11 PM
I caught quite alot of hell 3 years ago when I said he would take Russell's job before he was done. Alot

But 15 is becoming alot more than just a QB....and it's great to get this kind of player in our program.

He will be a franchise player in college. Posted earlier, A Good Man First. The rest falls into place.

Todd4State
12-13-2013, 11:35 PM

Amen. Ole Miss has Archie. USM has Favre. We have....? Hopefully Dak can become that face of the franchise that we don't have.

preachermatt83
12-14-2013, 12:27 AM
He reminds me so much of Tebow and I really believe he can be everything to our team that Tebow was for UF. I actually think it started when he came in and led us to an egg bowl victory .

Todd4State
12-14-2013, 12:54 AM
He reminds me so much of Tebow and I really believe he can be everything to our team that Tebow was for UF. I actually think it started when he came in and led us to an egg bowl victory .

Dak is a better passer than Tebow. I think Tebow was a better runner probably. Tebow's passing stats were padded big time by Aaron Hernandez, Percy Harvin, Riley Cooper- when they came to Starkville, it was unreal how many circus catches those guys made. (Well, not Harvin). What's scary is what they would have been if they had a QB that could hit them in stride.

ShotgunDawg
12-14-2013, 12:58 AM
Dak is a better passer than Tebow. I think Tebow was a better runner probably. Tebow's passing stats were padded big time by Aaron Hernandez, Percy Harvin, Riley Cooper- when they came to Starkville, it was unreal how many circus catches those guys made. (Well, not Harvin). What's scary is what they would have been if they had a QB that could hit them in stride.

Like Cam Newton. Wonder how good Florida would have been had Newton not been kicked out?

I think Dak actually runs alot like Tebow. Maybe not quite as much upper body strength, but think he is as faster or faster than Tebow.

Todd4State
12-14-2013, 01:57 AM
Like Cam Newton. Wonder how good Florida would have been had Newton not been kicked out?

I think Dak actually runs alot like Tebow. Maybe not quite as much upper body strength, but think he is as faster or faster than Tebow.

Tebow was special as a runner. I think he had that will or energy or whatever is on the inside of someone that you can't measure to make the play no matter what. Dak is really good as a runner though.

RougeDawg
12-14-2013, 03:12 AM

Don't forget me being along side you in that lonely boat. I work with a guy from Shreveport and he told me about Dak. He also swore LSU was going to flip him from us at the end because a QB like that would never choose MSU over LSU.

DownwardDawg
12-14-2013, 08:08 AM
Don't forget me being along side you in that lonely boat. I work with a guy from Shreveport and he told me about Dak. He also swore LSU was going to flip him from us at the end because a QB like that would never choose MSU over LSU.

Me too. I work with a guy from that area. He watched Dak play every weekend and was telling me how special he was gonna be. How LSU didn't recruit him earlier I have no idea.

Political Hack
12-14-2013, 08:57 AM
he's king of the locker room. I don't remember the last QB we had that was that way... but I remember tDan's last QB that was. A #15 wearing lefty... I think this is going to end well.

Dawg61
12-14-2013, 09:08 AM
Tebow was a better passer in college before he took the loop out of his mechanics. The knocking off his passing skills are way overblown by everyone imo. He won a Heisman, 2 NC and is 8-5 as a starter in the NFL.

I seen it dawg
12-14-2013, 10:04 AM
And we get him for 2 more yrs.

preachermatt83
12-14-2013, 10:37 AM
he's king of the locker room. I don't remember the last QB we had that was that way... but I remember tDan's last QB that was. A #15 wearing lefty... I think this is going to end well.

exactly!

preachermatt83
12-14-2013, 10:38 AM
And we get him for 2 more yrs.

YES! That's the best thing of all about him .