PDA

View Full Version : 2016 QB prospect Josh White is coming in for bowl practice

Coach34
12-13-2013, 12:34 PM
http://247sports.com/Player/Josh-White-34767?Institution=9554

good looking kid and offer list

Eric Nies Grind Time
12-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Damn...you could just about build a team from kids that play in Marietta these days.

CJDAWG85
12-13-2013, 12:40 PM
That's a big kid. Hope we stay at the top of his list.

Big4Dawg
12-13-2013, 12:43 PM
He is really active on twitter too.

Josh White ‏@J_Trey3 3h
S/O to @TKentavious9 on his first offer from Mississippi State! Keep working hard!! Hopefully I'll see you up there soon! #HailState

Josh White ‏@J_Trey3 10 Dec
S/O to the future teammate @scott_patchan looking forward to playing with you!! #HAILSTATE

Josh White ‏@J_Trey3 10 Dec
Coach Mullen visited today. Couldn't talk to him really. Just the fact he came by is huge! #Hailstate #grateful @PJ247Sports @Rivals_Robbie

Josh White ‏@J_Trey3 8 Dec
Congrats to @kevinmarion_8 on the state title! Can't wait to play with you! #HailState @Rivals_Robbie @johnboy4713 pic.twitter.com/46QQBa5AAV

Josh White ‏@J_Trey3 5 Dec
The road to a state title starts in the offseason! Great workout with my brothers! #Raiders #Hailstate @Rivals_Robbie

Josh White ‏@J_Trey3 3 Dec
Congrats to @AlfredSmith_ on the Mississippi State offer!! I see us being teammates one day!

Josh White ‏@J_Trey3 28 Nov
Amazing win for an amazing program! Congrats MSU Bulldawgs for the great win!! #HAILSTATE @PJ247Sports @Rivals_Robbie @johnboy4713

Okay, you get the point.

BrunswickDawg
12-13-2013, 12:49 PM
Damn...you could just about build a team from kids that play in Marietta these days.
Cobb County as a whole has some top talent - and has had for years. We just seem to finally taking advantage of the fact that those kids want to be at an SEC school. There are 16 programs in Cobb, plus Marietta High, and a half dozen private schools, and they are packed with athletes. We were Anthony Jennings' #2 behind LSU, and I think that opened our staff's eyes up to the talent pool that you can pull from there.

Jack Lambert
12-13-2013, 12:53 PM
Not to be the negative one but he's a pro styly qb. Isn't that the problem with Russell in this offense?

codeDawg
12-13-2013, 01:00 PM
That's a big kid. Hope we stay at the top of his list.

Holy crap. 6'5" 218, class of 2016.

That's a huge sophmore.

smootness
12-13-2013, 01:07 PM
Not to be the negative one but he's a pro styly qb. Isn't that the problem with Russell in this offense?

He said he considers himself a pro-style QB but I'm pretty sure he's more of a dual-threat; keep in mind, these days 'pro-style' could mean Kaepernick, RGIII, Wilson, just as much as Peyton, Brady, etc.

He obviously really likes State and the fact that we were the first to offer, and he's talked a lot about committing somewhere soon and said he understands the importance of a QB committing early and then recruiting other guys, which his twitter suggests as well.

Could be huge for us...hopefully he commits this summer and I can go see him play some next year.

CadaverDawg
12-13-2013, 01:31 PM
He said he considers himself a pro-style QB but I'm pretty sure he's more of a dual-threat; keep in mind, these days 'pro-style' could mean Kaepernick, RGIII, Wilson, just as much as Peyton, Brady, etc.

He obviously really likes State and the fact that we were the first to offer, and he's talked a lot about committing somewhere soon and said he understands the importance of a QB committing early and then recruiting other guys, which his twitter suggests as well.

Could be huge for us...hopefully he commits this summer and I can go see him play some next year.

Bingo. We need this kid on board for many reasons on top of him being a potential stud

engie
12-13-2013, 01:33 PM
Pretty crazy that we're on this kid -- and he hasn't started a game in highschool yet I don't believe. They had a SR QB that is signing with La Tech this year and I can't find any stats or game highlights for White...

Love that we are getting ahead of the game on these guys...

TexasDawg
12-13-2013, 01:42 PM
The guy is gonna be a hell of a player, hopefully we can remain the favorite once he gets other offers. Looks like we are the only one right now

smootness
12-13-2013, 01:52 PM
The guy is gonna be a hell of a player, hopefully we can remain the favorite once he gets other offers. Looks like we are the only one right now

Yep, and like I said, he has talked openly about the fact that he wants to, and probably will, commit before his junior year. And he sounds like once he makes that decision, he will go 100% for whoever the school is to help put the rest of the class together, meaning he seems like the kind of kid that wouldn't think a whole lot about other schools after that.

hailmari
12-13-2013, 02:01 PM
Pretty crazy that we're on this kid -- and he hasn't started a game in highschool yet I don't believe. They had a SR QB that is signing with La Tech this year and I can't find any stats or game highlights for White...

Interesting. I like this strategic crootin. Kinda reminds me of Fitzgerald's recruitment, he didn't play QB until this year I believe. Who's our Georgia recruiter(s)?

BrunswickDawg
12-13-2013, 02:23 PM
Koenning is listed as White's recruiter - and I think recruited Fitz as well.

FISHDAWG
12-13-2013, 02:31 PM

I think having one of those on the team is a great idea .... even if nobody will admit it- TR gave us another angle that helped at times

ShotgunDawg
12-13-2013, 02:33 PM
Wait till Dak becomes a national name at QB over the next two years. We'll have our pick of QBs. This could be a new problem for us in that have to effectively evaluate highly recruited QBs to make the right decision. This is where Texas has failed.

White is a specimen and certainly shows a ton of potential. Would love to see him smooth our his throwing motion and become more fluid, less rigid, thus have a livelier arm. That could come with coaching and reps though.

EngineerDawg
12-13-2013, 02:41 PM
Dak will become a household name next year. Heart of a lion, build of an ox.

If he is healthy there should be some Heisman consideration. He is going to put up the necessary stats to be considered... we just need to win games.

Pollodawg
12-13-2013, 02:44 PM
Wait till Dak becomes a national name at QB over the next two years. We'll have our pick of QBs. This could be a new problem for us in that have to effectively evaluate highly recruited QBs to make the right decision. This is where Texas has failed.

White is a specimen and certainly shows a ton of potential. Would love to see him smooth our his throwing motion and become more fluid, less rigid, thus have a livelier arm. That could come with coaching and reps though.

Speaking of this, I was talking to an Ole Miss fan friend of mine a couple of days ago. He is a casual fan, not really a die hard, and he went on and on about Dak and how he had no idea that we had a QB like that on the roster.

SignalToNoise
Since he is 2016 I doubt much is known about the kid, but I'm guessing he has some running ability else we wouldn't be on him so early. Anyone know anything?

EAVdog
Cobb County as a whole has some top talent - and has had for years. We just seem to finally taking advantage of the fact that those kids want to be at an SEC school. There are 16 programs in Cobb, plus Marietta High, and a half dozen private schools, and they are packed with athletes. We were Anthony Jennings' #2 behind LSU, and I think that opened our staff's eyes up to the talent pool that you can pull from there.

There's 700k people in Cobb County, a lot of fish in a small barrell. There is another 700k in Gwinnet County. That's more than half of Mississippi in 2 suburban counties of Atlanta.

ShotgunDawg
12-13-2013, 02:51 PM
Speaking of this, I was talking to an Ole Miss fan friend of mine a couple of days ago. He is a casual fan, not really a die hard, and he went on and on about Dak and how he had no idea that we had a QB like that on the roster.

That's what typically happens when you just look at recruiting rankings and not at the talent, tools, skills, and overall abilities of the players.

You would be amazed how many people don't actually WATCH the game. I would venture to say that 80%-90% of people on the stadium on a given day, follow the game, but don't actually watch or have any clue about what is actually going on out there. Then their opinions are formed by what the media tells them.

Watch the game

BrunswickDawg
12-13-2013, 03:32 PM
There's 700k people in Cobb County and that is why smart people like me have fled and enjoy the lifestyle of the GA coast!

smootness
12-13-2013, 04:49 PM
and that is why smart people like me have fled and enjoy the lifestyle of the GA coast!

Hey!

hailmari
12-13-2013, 04:52 PM
There's 700k people in Cobb County, a lot of fish in a small barrell. There is another 700k in Gwinnet County. That's more than half of Mississippi in 2 suburban counties of Atlanta.

Damn. I'd be surprised if there's 2K in my home county.

Todd4State
12-13-2013, 05:05 PM

The good news is I'm pretty sure Dan and Les know what this guy can do. And it sounds like he is going to be the leader of the 2016 class.

BrunswickDawg
12-13-2013, 07:37 PM
Damn. I'd be surprised if there's 2K in my home county.

And that's why I have never understood why we don't hit the ATL hard. I've known the current LB coach at GT all my life. He told me that when he was at MTSU he used Cobb as his go to for talent because it was so deep. He knew he could always count on getting a half dozen quality players that could probably be SEC level, but were overlooked because of the higher talent sucked in the SEC scouts. The numbers almost guarantee that you will get quality players.

smootness
12-13-2013, 07:58 PM
And that's why I have never understood why we don't hit the ATL hard. I've known the current LB coach at GT all my life. He told me that when he was at MTSU he used Cobb as his go to for talent because it was so deep. He knew he could always count on getting a half dozen quality players that could probably be SEC level, but were overlooked because of the higher talent sucked in the SEC scouts. The numbers almost guarantee that you will get quality players.

McCollum? Pretty sure he goes to my church.

BrunswickDawg
12-13-2013, 08:23 PM
McCollum? Pretty sure he goes to my church.

Yup. Andy is a great coach who had the misfortune of being the one to move MTSU from 1-AA to 1-A, so the record wasn't great. He was rumored for the State job when we hired Croom.

Smootness, you and I may know some of the same people.