PDA

View Full Version : We can argue scheduling until Bucky chucks a woodpile...

Coach34
12-12-2013, 10:43 PM
Whats best for the program is to play an easy OOC, get wins, and stay as healthy as possible for the SEC. Tougher schedules lead to more injuries- just ask Florida, Georgia, State, OM, etc- those schools played tougher early schedules and paid the price for it with injuries. When we were 7-0 in 2012 we were in the top 15 in the country rankings-wise- all we had to do was keep winning. Weaker early schedule payed off to be where we wanted to be- we just werent good enough to keep things going.

What's best for entertainment and keeping your average fan interested is to play another tough team in the OOC- the better the match-up- the more the fans gonna be excited.

M.Fillmore
12-12-2013, 10:57 PM
Make this man the Athletic Director.

Coach34
12-12-2013, 11:26 PM
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2013/sec-2013-strength-of-schedule/

SDS- SEC SOS in 2013

"Mississippi State played six currently ranked teams and lost to all of them; however, they won the other six games, bringing them to 6-6 and bowl eligible. The Bulldogs played the toughest schedule, with opponents winning 66.4 percent of their games and 67.9 percent if you remove the Bulldogs."

coastdoglover
12-12-2013, 11:33 PM
You are totally correct my friend

Whats best for the program is to play an easy OOC, get wins, and stay as healthy as possible for the SEC. Tougher schedules lead to more injuries- just ask Florida, Georgia, State, OM, etc- those schools played tougher early schedules and paid the price for it with injuries. When we were 7-0 in 2012 we were in the top 15 in the country rankings-wise- all we had to do was keep winning. Weaker early schedule payed off to be where we wanted to be- we just werent good enough to keep things going.

What's best for entertainment and keeping your average fan interested is to play another tough team in the OOC- the better the match-up- the more the fans gonna be excited.

CooterDavenport
12-12-2013, 11:45 PM
If Coach and HD6 can see eye to eye on this, it's beyond me how some of our fans still don't get it.

Bass Chaser
12-12-2013, 11:45 PM
The one thing I would like to see with the schedule is move an easy OOC team to the week before the Egg Bowl.

NewTweederEndzoneDance
12-13-2013, 09:46 AM
My argument has never been to play a tougher schedule. I still want to play at least 7 home games every season, like we do now (we are still playing at places like USM, Tulane, Memphis, South AL, Troy, etc...). I still want to have 4 OOC games I expect to win every year, like we (mostly) do now. Nor do I believe, "but we tried that" is a good counter to that thought, because Jackie on autopilot and Croom were the coaches when we tried that. We're not that program anymore. Simply want to also toss in some games against schools we should beat that have a name attached to them.

To each his own though. The Athletic Department and Coach Mullen will get together and figure out what they feel is the best plan and I'll keep going to the games regardless of what they decide.

EngineerDawg
12-13-2013, 10:50 AM

couldn't agree more.

tcdog70
12-13-2013, 11:27 AM
[QUOTE=Coach34;104307]Whats best for the program is to play an easy OOC, get wins, and stay as healthy as possible for the SEC. Tougher schedules lead to more injuries- just ask Florida, Georgia, State, OM, etc- those schools played tougher early schedules and paid the price for it with injuries. When we were 7-0 in 2012 we were in the top 15 in the country rankings-wise- all we had to do was keep winning. Weaker early schedule payed off to be where we wanted to be- we just werent good enough to keep things going.

What's best for entertainment and keeping your average fan interested is to play another tough team in the OOC- the better the match-up- the more the fans gonna be excited.[/QUOTE

A rowdy round of applause--=The SEC is tough enough