PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Note: Baseball America

MsStateBaseball
12-12-2013, 07:17 PM
We have 3 players on their top 100 college players-draft able. Woodruff at 33, Lindgren at 62, and Holder at 98. Tied w 3 other schools for most players on list. The first of many pre-season accolades we will have prior to 14.

messageboardsuperhero
12-12-2013, 07:39 PM
If Woody has the year many people anticipate him having, he could go in the top 20.

I hope Lindgren gets over his command issues- he has a ton of talent.

Harrydawg
12-12-2013, 09:05 PM
Are there any pre season super early rankings?

MsStateBaseball
12-12-2013, 09:32 PM
First one is writers. Early January I believe but their AA team is late December.

Todd4State
12-12-2013, 10:54 PM
If Woody has the year many people anticipate him having, he could go in the top 20.

I hope Lindgren gets over his command issues- he has a ton of talent.

It's up to Lindgren where he goes. He'll be drafted no matter what- if he does well, like Stratton did, I don't think it's unreasonable to think that he couldn't be as high as a first round pick. If he struggles some like Devin Jones and Evan Mitchell did- then he will cost himself some money.

engie
12-12-2013, 11:22 PM
First preseason poll will be collegiate baseball a few days after Christmas...

Eta: actually, it comes out next Thursday, a week from today. It's about a month ahead of the other polls, which all hit in a 2 week period...

messageboardsuperhero
12-12-2013, 11:33 PM
It's up to Lindgren where he goes. He'll be drafted no matter what- if he does well, like Stratton did, I don't think it's unreasonable to think that he couldn't be as high as a first round pick. If he struggles some like Devin Jones and Evan Mitchell did- then he will cost himself some money.

Honestly, I wish Lindgren would cut out some of the goofy bench stuff. He and Evan Mitchell were arguably our two most talented pitchers and they spent the whole postseason screwing around in the dugout- the BenchMobb is fine, but if I was coach, I'd make the team leave it to the players who aren't going to play much.

Then again, Ross Mitchell was one of the leaders and he turned out pretty damn good, so what do I know?

Todd4State
12-12-2013, 11:57 PM
Honestly, I wish Lindgren would cut out some of the goofy bench stuff. He and Evan Mitchell were arguably our two most talented pitchers and they spent the whole postseason screwing around in the dugout- the BenchMobb is fine, but if I was coach, I'd make the team leave it to the players who aren't going to play much.

Then again, Ross Mitchell was one of the leaders and he turned out pretty damn good, so what do I know?

That's his personality. If he's goofy, he's goofy. I'm a big believer in letting players be themselves. There are all kinds of personality types in the HOF. The only common trait I've noticed that all good MLB players have is the ability to work extremely hard and be able to adjust.

CadaverDawg
12-13-2013, 12:03 AM
Yep, some players are just goofy bastards. See Jonathan Papelbon for instance...

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img-stag/images/photos/002/653/625/ScreenShot2013-12-10at11.41.16AM_crop_north_crop_north.jpg?w=759&h=506&q=75