PDA

View Full Version : So Cody Prewitt is an All-American?

Goat Holder
12-12-2013, 10:24 AM
I mean, I don't know, I'm not debating it because I didn't really watch him play that much, but all I'll ever remember about him is this at the 1:40 mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H57wKdU0aJY

Of course that was two years ago and he was a true freshman. But a freaking ALL-AMERICAN? I guess I missed that - I mean is he supposed to be going high in the NFL draft this year? You'd think a 1st team AA would be. At any rate, he's just another that proves MPSA (or MAIS whatever it is now) is very under-rated in terms of talent.

ShotgunDawg
12-12-2013, 10:30 AM
I mean, I don't know, I'm not debating it because I didn't really watch him play that much, but all I'll ever remember about him is this at the 1:40 mark:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H57wKdU0aJY

Of course that was two years ago and he was a true freshman. But a freaking ALL-AMERICAN? I guess I missed that - I mean is he supposed to be going high in the NFL draft this year? You'd think a 1st team AA would be. At any rate, he's just another that proves MPSA (or MAIS whatever it is now) is very under-rated in terms of talent.

I actually think Cody Prewitt is an outstanding player, and probably my favorite on that team. Seems to work hard, has a good head on his shoulders, good size, and makes plays.

I have no issues with Prewitt be named to any team. He is more or less guilty by association. He seems to be a real football player and not like Kemdechees or Wallace

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
12-12-2013, 10:31 AM
He's pretty solid. He played against a couple MHSAA teams (including my high school) and ran all over folks as a running back.
I don't think he's an All-American. Had a couple tipped ball picks that padded his stats and put his interception total where it looks like he must be one of the best. He's pretty good though.
He's also one of the most oustpoken about his love for OM and disdain for MSU (was hotty toddying at the Dandy Dozen photo shoot a few years ago and had that flagship quote before this year's egg bowl), so it was nice to have him sulk off the field this year.

messageboardsuperhero
12-12-2013, 10:34 AM
Prewitt has improved A LOT since his freshman year. I don't know if he should be 1st team AA, but he is damn good.

LOL, that play really will always be the first thing that pops into my head whenever Cody Prewitt is mentioned.

BeastMan
12-12-2013, 10:35 AM
He's a great run support safety. He's really big and physical. He's gotten progressively better every year. Part of the reason he's gotten tipped ball INT's b/c he stays around the ball. He's a dang good player.

The weird thing is that there is always talk by OM fans to move him to LB or spur. They think having Alford and Connor at safeties and moving Prewitt up are their best bets. I just don't see how you can move him away from what he's been playing for 3 years now.

Eric Nies Grind Time
12-12-2013, 10:55 AM
Not sure if he is projected to go high in the draft...but he is a very good college player. No need to be skeptical about it.

AlSwearengen
12-12-2013, 11:59 AM
don't know much about Cody, but his dad is a real piece of work.

chef dixon
12-12-2013, 12:09 PM
Watched plenty of Ole Miss games this year. Prewitt is a stud and well deserving. Someone else on their team that showed up on one of these All-American lists.......complete joke.

mic
12-12-2013, 12:24 PM
Cody is a solid player yes.. SEC first team maybe.. All American 1st team no way.. come on people..

Bo Darville
12-12-2013, 12:58 PM
Cody is a helluva player with a future in the NFL. First team All American is probably a stretch. But there is no doubt that he can flat play. Don't hold his mistakes as a true freshman against him. He's a big time player.

angusyoung
12-12-2013, 01:07 PM
I've always enjoyed watching him play. He's tough, physical, has a nose for the ball and plays with passion and energy.

I think he earned AA based on those traits alone. I would have loved to have had him on our team.

Todd4State
12-12-2013, 01:57 PM
He's a great run support safety. He's really big and physical. He's gotten progressively better every year. Part of the reason he's gotten tipped ball INT's b/c he stays around the ball. He's a dang good player.

The weird thing is that there is always talk by OM fans to move him to LB or spur. They think having Alford and Connor at safeties and moving Prewitt up are their best bets. I just don't see how you can move him away from what he's been playing for 3 years now.

Please, please, please ask Tony Conner to cover receivers more.

Bo Darville
12-12-2013, 02:16 PM
Please, please, please ask Tony Conner to cover receivers more.

I agree with this 100%. I'm a huge Conner fan and think the Bears got themselves a helluva player. But if you rank his strengths and weaknesses, coverage is going to be one of his weaknesses. He is a good tackler, a good blitzer, good in run support, he's a playmaker. But putting him back and making him cover people in the passing game is not using his strengths.

smootness
12-12-2013, 02:22 PM
Who named him 1st team AA?

Goat Holder
12-12-2013, 02:36 PM
USA Today

TheDogFather
12-12-2013, 02:47 PM
He only led the sec in interceptions or something like that.

Todd4State
12-12-2013, 06:03 PM
I agree with this 100%. I'm a huge Conner fan and think the Bears got themselves a helluva player. But if you rank his strengths and weaknesses, coverage is going to be one of his weaknesses. He is a good tackler, a good blitzer, good in run support, he's a playmaker. But putting him back and making him cover people in the passing game is not using his strengths.

I totally agree. I think eventually Conner is a linebacker- and I guess he already technically is, or is at worst a hybrid defender.