PDA

View Full Version : This is what Mullen has to address next year

PMDawg2
12-11-2013, 01:02 PM
if he wants to remove all doubt. I'm not trying to start anything, but this just points out his one fatal flaw to date.

"Here?s a look at how all 14 teams in the SEC have fared in the last five seasons against top 25 teams in the final BCS standings:

?Alabama: 16-6 (.727)
?LSU: 14-11 (.560)
?Auburn: 13-13 (.500)
?South Carolina: 10-10 (.500)
?Arkansas: 7-17 (.292)
?Missouri: 5-14 (.263)
?Georgia: 6-17 (.261)
?Florida: 6-18 (.250)
?Texas A&M: 5-17 (.227)
?Ole Miss: 3-20 (.130)
?Vanderbilt: 1-15 (.063)
?Kentucky: 1-16 (.059)
?Tennessee: 1-21 (.045)
?Mississippi State 0-24 (.000)

CJDAWG85
12-11-2013, 01:12 PM
Again... Wasn't Florida #24 when we beat them on the road?

Coach34
12-11-2013, 01:15 PM
Ole Miss was ranked when we beat them in 2009- and also finished 20th in the final poll

All this shit is stupid

Coach34
12-11-2013, 01:19 PM
And also, Mullen has removed all doubt. He is one of only 6 SEC coaches to go to 4 straight bowl games.

Apparently it's pretty ****ing tough to do- not even half the SEC can be that consistent.

Big4Dawg
12-11-2013, 01:19 PM
They were #22. Also, OM was #20 when we beat them his first year also.

CJDAWG85
12-11-2013, 01:20 PM
Delete

Coach34
12-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Agreed... Stop bringing this shit up... As long as he beats TSUN, I'm happy...

I don't agree- it takes more than that. But finishing ahead of them 4 years in a row now in the standings doesn't hurt.

4 straight bowls- less than half the SEC has done this. And he has done it at State.. Enough said

Covercorner2
12-11-2013, 01:31 PM
In his defense, these stats are in reference to teams ranked in the FINAL BCS top 25, not where they were ranked at the time of defeat. I believe this came straight from a write up by ESPN in their SEC blog fwiw.

Jack Lambert
12-11-2013, 01:34 PM
In his defense, these stats are in reference to teams ranked in the FINAL BCS top 25, not where they were ranked at the time of defeat. I believe this came straight from a write up by ESPN in their SEC blog fwiw.

And ESPN always get's it right when they talk about Miss State. Hell half the time they call us Ole Miss.

CJDAWG85
12-11-2013, 01:34 PM
Don't get me wrong... I want to beat everyone we play... But I care a lot more about beating TSUN and going to a bowl

CadaverDawg
12-11-2013, 01:36 PM

What??

godlluB
12-11-2013, 01:36 PM
As long as he beats TSUN, I'm happy...

This is everything that is wrong with out fan base in a single sentence.

Covercorner2
12-11-2013, 01:37 PM
I agree the stat is somewhat misleading, but it is correct...

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
12-11-2013, 01:38 PM
Wow, look at Vandy's: .063. Franklin is doing horrible, why haven't they fired him yet? **

Thick
12-11-2013, 01:38 PM
The only thing that Mullen has to fix is special teams....period. Since he has taken over, he has had to reshape the football program, the fanbase, and the HS coaches' perception in the southeast of MSU football. Everyone on this board needs to get over themselves. In year 6, he will have the first complete team on both sides of the ball that we have had in a decade. The 2015 class is shaping up to be a damn good one, IF we can close.

Dan made some very questionable in game decisions this year, but he's got this team believing in themselves when at one time their fanbase was doubting them. He's still a young HC, but he's learning and I believe his best years are ahead of him at MSU. Get off his ass about top 20 wins, because those are coming in the very near future!

CadaverDawg
12-11-2013, 01:39 PM
This is everything that is wrong with out fan base in a single sentence.

Yep. This shit needs to be deleted before that one post is used as our entire fan bases words.

Coach34

They finished ranked in both human polls in 2009

messageboardsuperhero

Huh? I don't know about you, but it takes more than that to make me happy.

Covercorner2
12-11-2013, 01:43 PM
TSUN did not finish in the top 25 of the 2009 FINAL BCS standings...

C222
12-11-2013, 01:47 PM
What??

Didn't you and engie and your anti-Mullen crew not change your opinion on wanting Dan fired after that game? I agree, it's a dumb statement but it's not that far off from being true for some of you.

Coach34
12-11-2013, 01:50 PM
TSUN did not finish in the top 25 of the 2009 FINAL BCS standings...

Nope- but they did finished ranked in both the Coaches and AP polls. Enough said

This is nothing more than cherry-picked bullshit like "Mullen hasnt beaten an SEC West team not named Auburn, Arkansas, or Ole Miss"

Covercorner2
12-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Like I said, the stat is a little misleading, but it is correct. Don't shoot the messenger.

CadaverDawg
12-11-2013, 01:53 PM
Didn't you and engie and your anti-Mullen crew not change your opinion on wanting Dan fired after that game? I agree, it's a dumb statement but it's not that far off from being true for some of you.

What the **** are you talking about? Don't make shit up or try to spin ANYTHING I've said into OM being the only thing that matters. You're a clown to even insinuate that garbage from me

CJDAWG85
12-11-2013, 01:54 PM
I eloborated on it after I wrote it... Sorry...

Covercorner2
12-11-2013, 01:55 PM
In regards to ESPN and their BS they put out, if you are an ESPN Insider check out their article that came out today "Top 25 Underclassmen in the Country." Itll make you vomit. I definitely agree the stuff they put out is almost blatantly anti-state and pro-TSUN, I was just saying that stat was correct.

messageboardsuperhero
12-11-2013, 01:55 PM

I wasn't really on the fire Mullen bandwagon, but I think what happened in the last 3-4 games in general helped put those people's minds at ease with him. We played Bama tough and played hard the whole game, which was something that seemed to be missing earlier in the season. We won an SEC road game without Dak, and then we beat our in-state rival without him again for about 80% of the game. Our effort and play in the last 1/3rd of the season in general changed some minds on here- you could see that the team was playing hard for Mullen and for each other.

As for Cadaver specifically, I do remember him saying we should let the season play out, FWIW.

Coach34
12-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Like I said, the stat is a little misleading, but it is correct. Don't shoot the messenger.

I also noticed- the final BCS standings are done after the conference championship games- not the bowls. That's why OM was left out in 2009.

Bubb Rubb
12-11-2013, 01:57 PM
And also, Mullen has removed all doubt. He is one of only 6 SEC coaches to go to 4 straight bowl games.

Apparently it's pretty ****ing tough to do- not even half the SEC can be that consistent.

Not only is it "pretty ****ing tough to do," but look at the other teams who have done it. We stick out like a sore thumb in that list. Pretty damn significant accomplishment, if you ask me.

Coach34
12-11-2013, 02:00 PM
Mullen hasnt lost a home game to a team that finished with less than 10 wins since LSU, September 2009. Unless LSU loses their bowl game this year that is.

C222
What the **** are you talking about? Don't make shit up or try to spin ANYTHING I've said into OM being the only thing that matters. You're a clown to even insinuate that garbage from me

Take a breath man. It will be okay.

I guess all the fire Mullen, hire Hud posts you made were a joke? You only started the "let's let the season play out" posts after C34 and Hack started locking Hud threads.

mic
The only thing ESPN gets right when it come to Miss. State is when its something negative..

Barking 13
12-11-2013, 02:03 PM
The only thing that Mullen has to fix is special teams....period. Since he has taken over, he has had to reshape the football program, the fanbase, and the HS coaches' perception in the southeast of MSU football. Everyone on this board needs to get over themselves. In year 6, he will have the first complete team on both sides of the ball that we have had in a decade. The 2015 class is shaping up to be a damn good one, IF we can close.

Dan made some very questionable in game decisions this year, but he's got this team believing in themselves when at one time their fanbase was doubting them. He's still a young HC, but he's learning and I believe his best years are ahead of him at MSU. Get off his ass about top 20 wins, because those are coming in the very near future!

Thick gets it... I remember "the good ol' days" when just winning a game was special.. a lot of you boys weren't even born yet, or were playing with tonka trucks...

ETA: I was beginning to get on the "Hud wagon" due to the questionable stuff, but if you stand back and look at it from where we were to wehere we are as a whole, you get a different perspective.

CadaverDawg
12-11-2013, 02:10 PM
I wasn't really on the fire Mullen bandwagon, but I think what happened in the last 3-4 games in general helped put those people's minds at ease with him. We played Bama tough and played hard the whole game, which was something that seemed to be missing earlier in the season. We won an SEC road game without Dak, and then we beat our in-state rival without him again for about 80% of the game. Our effort and play in the last 1/3rd of the season in general changed some minds on here- you could see that the team was playing hard for Mullen and for each other.

As for Cadaver specifically, I do remember him saying we should let the season play out, FWIW.

Exactly. Thank you.

C222 is all rabble, rabble, rabble, and no substance

hacker
12-11-2013, 02:22 PM
Nope- but they did finished ranked in both the Coaches and AP polls. Enough said

This is nothing more than cherry-picked bullshit like "Mullen hasnt beaten an SEC West team not named Auburn, Arkansas, or Ole Miss"

Or that fish guy's "Mullen hasn't beaten a Top 25, err Top 23, errr Top 22, ummmm Top 20!!! Yeah, Top 20 team"

PMDawg2
12-11-2013, 04:44 PM
Or that fish guy's "Mullen hasn't beaten a Top 25, err Top 23, errr Top 22, ummmm Top 20!!! Yeah, Top 20 team"

Lol. I didn't make this up. It's on espn's sec blog and it's a stat. That's all it is. I didn't bash Mullen or say anything other than he needs to overcome it this coming season. This is the season to do it. Experience, HIS QB, to run HIS offense. This is his chance, and I think it's fair to expect it to happen this year. I do expect it...you don't?

PMDawg2
12-11-2013, 04:47 PM

It's useless to discuss this topic with you because of your borderline insane man crush on Mullen. So I won't. I didn't bash him but you go straight to the defensive. He's done a lot of really good things, but he's not perfect either. We should be allowed to discuss his shortcomings (perceived or real).

BulldogDX55
12-11-2013, 04:49 PM

The new party line for those people is "Hasn't beaten a team that has finished in the BCS top 25"

Coach34
12-11-2013, 04:59 PM
It's useless to discuss this topic with you because of your borderline insane man crush on Mullen. So I won't. I didn't bash him but you go straight to the defensive. He's done a lot of really good things, but he's not perfect either. We should be allowed to discuss his shortcomings (perceived or real).

No, you dont want to discuss it because of the facts I bring to the table vs the cherry-picked bullshit. I think it's ****ing hilarious that people now are going to the BCS rankings to try to discredit Mullen as opposed to using one of the polls like they do for EVERYTHING else. BCS rankings are final after the conference championships- they dont re-do them after the bowl game.

Mullen is in no way perfect and better fix special teams. Everybody wants a big win vs an LSU, Bammer, or A&M. But all bullshit spin thrown out to discredit him will be met with facts

Coach34
12-11-2013, 05:00 PM
The new party line for those people is "Hasn't beaten a team that has finished in the BCS top 25"

of course- because using one of the polls wouldnt fit their agenda. They instead use a ranking that isnt even updated after the bowls.

CJDAWG85
12-11-2013, 05:14 PM
If you go to our page on ESPN... click on schedule... go to '09 and '10 and they have both TSUN and UF ranked... What am I missing here?

Coach34
12-11-2013, 05:45 PM
If you go to our page on ESPN... click on schedule... go to '09 and '10 and they have both TSUN and UF ranked... What am I missing here?

they arent ranked in the final "BCS poll" that comes out the first Sunday in DECEMBER. That's what the Mullen-haters have resorted to using now

C222
12-11-2013, 06:07 PM
Exactly. Thank you.

C222 is all rabble, rabble, rabble, and no substance

Does this classify as substance?

We just need to fire him and hire Hud immediately. That way he hangs on to recruits and we don't show a state of instability for a month or two like normal.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?7640-Turning-It-Around-After-Missing-a-Bowl

The crazy thing is...you can see the writing on the wall in a bad way with Mullen, in the same way you could see the GOOD writing on the wall with Cohen. These people fighting to keep Mullen are seeing the same thing we are, they are just thinking he will turn it around...which is crazy IMO. How many times has a program had shit take a downhill turn and that same administration all the sudden flip the switch back on and turn it around? That shit never happens. And it won't with Mullen either.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?7632-Kind-of-funny-these-discussions-about-Mullen-feel-familar

Oh, and I'm for Hud

We just squeaked past BG and UK....AT HOME. You don't have to worry about 6 wins. We will be lucky to win 5

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?7553-Ok-this-is-the-official-hire-HUD-thread!!!

PMDawg2
12-11-2013, 06:16 PM
No, you dont want to discuss it because of the facts I bring to the table vs the cherry-picked bullshit. I think it's ****ing hilarious that people now are going to the BCS rankings to try to discredit Mullen as opposed to using one of the polls like they do for EVERYTHING else. BCS rankings are final after the conference championships- they dont re-do them after the bowl game.

Mullen is in no way perfect and better fix special teams. Everybody wants a big win vs an LSU, Bammer, or A&M. But all bullshit spin thrown out to discredit him will be met with facts

See this is bullshit for so many reasons. The main one is that nobody made this up with Mullen in mind. It was just a random blog post about the entire sec. That fact that it sheds negative light on Mullen (perceived or real) is just circumstantial. No one cherry picked it to make Mullen look bad. It's just a random stat. I didn't go over there looking for something negative about Mullen. I, like most of you I'd bet, read the sec blog a couple of times a week. I saw it, found it interesting, and cut and paste it here. I'm sorry you don't like it but no one with any "agenda" had anything to do with it. People data mine to fill blogs with content these days. That was the only "agenda". The definition of agenda isn't "something coach34 doesn't like".

PMDawg2
12-11-2013, 06:24 PM
No matter how you define big wins Mullen has very few, at best. It's the next step for him and he needs to take it soon. He has done a lot, but this is the next step we all are waiting on, whether we are all willing to admit it or not. The big wins bring tons of excitement. If he wants to cement his status as the long term guy, that's the best way to do it IMO. That's all the OP really said. You gotta admit shit like that list does nothing positive for the perception of our school. And perception matters, especially in recruiting. That's all. No hidden agenda or cherry picking. I only want what's best for our school, and getting off the bottom of a list like that would be in our best interest.

PMDawg2
12-11-2013, 06:25 PM
they arent ranked in the final "BCS poll" that comes out the first Sunday in DECEMBER. That's what the Mullen-haters have resorted to using now

the ess pen hates mullenz!!!!!!!!!