PDA

View Full Version : Post from Nafoom. Remember, we are meaningless to them. just another team and game

starkvegasdawg
12-11-2013, 08:16 AM
What really sucks is that State's recruiting is so bad this year they have no one for us to flip.

It feels much better to flip a recruit from State than to come in second to FSU. Granted, we are competing with the big boys in recruiting now, but i wish the coaching staff would just go pick off a State recruit to make me feel better.

I ask you ED readers, what is bigger? Their delusion or their butt hurt?

Political Hack
12-11-2013, 08:42 AM
we keep our recruits at least 80% of the time.

UMCDawg16
12-11-2013, 08:44 AM
Don't let them pull the wool over your eyes. They would LOVE to have Gerri Green and Aeris Williams. They have been trying to get a RB like him forever but every year the best RB in the State comes to MSU. All that is is bear talk for we can't flip anyone this year because everyone sees our program is a sham.

sbcmortgageman
12-11-2013, 08:45 AM
Folks keep talking like we are in mix for CJ Hampton. I just don't see it.

smootness
12-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Folks keep talking like we are in mix for CJ Hampton. I just don't see it.

Agreed; would love to have him but he's all Bama.

*wink*

Dental Dawg
12-11-2013, 08:57 AM
60% of the time, we keep our recruits 100% of the time.

angusyoung
12-11-2013, 09:03 AM

"That doesn't make any sense!"

Nice

Ronny
12-11-2013, 09:12 AM
..is a school 1-4 in the Egg Bowl over the last 5 years has the balls to talk recruiting smack.

Hey rebel/bear numbnuts: Who the hell are these world beaters you claim to sign every year? They can't even win a ****ing Egg Bowl.

If I was you I would shut my piehole about recruiting until you can beat Miss. State on the field.

There is always a recruiting website, radio show or magazine that is going to reward Ole Miss the Recruiting Championship. It has happened every year for the last 50 years. & it'll happen again this year.

Too bad that shit don't translate onto the field of play.

thunderclap
12-11-2013, 09:13 AM
I have a cocker spaniel that whines all the 17ing time. Now when he does it I think of OM.

Coach34
12-11-2013, 09:56 AM
They have been trying to do any and everything to get Gerri Green. They even tried leaking he was flipping to attempt to send us into a panic and badmouth him- still didnt work.

You would think after 25 straight years of them out-crootin us, they would be better than 12-13 in the Egg Bowl.

Hunkaburningdawg
12-11-2013, 10:06 AM

65% of all stats are made up.

Jack Lambert
12-11-2013, 11:05 AM

So is his 60% part of the 35% or the 65%?

Jack Lambert
12-11-2013, 11:08 AM
They have been trying to do any and everything to get Gerri Green. They even tried leaking he was flipping to attempt to send us into a panic and badmouth him- still didnt work.

You would think after 25 straight years of them out-crootin us, they would be better than 12-13 in the Egg Bowl.

I think you should recruit need and not stars and if a big name wants to come to state go for it. The thing that makes Ole Miss Different them Alabama or LSU when it comes to recruiting is Ole MIss is just signing stars where the other two are filling needs with 5 and 4 stars. They can do that but Ole Miss cannot. That is why they had to put a 300 pound DL in on a short yard play.

preachermatt83
12-11-2013, 11:22 AM
I think you should recruit need and not stars and if a big name wants to come to state go for it. The thing that makes Ole Miss Different them Alabama or LSU when it comes to recruiting is Ole MIss is just signing stars where the other two are filling needs with 5 and 4 stars. They can do that but Ole Miss cannot. That is why they had to put a 300 pound DL in on a short yard play.

Post of the week!!! Nailed it!

Op4isabitch
12-11-2013, 11:29 AM
Nafoom sucks. It's a few guys ( gay I presume, not that there's anything wrong with that ) who sit around their keyboards and try to sound worldly. They are pretty much ignorant when it comes to athletics but by gosh they can post links to some cool fashion websites!

**** Nafoom and the idiots who post there.

ED_Walk_On
12-11-2013, 11:53 AM
What really sucks is that State's recruiting is so bad this year they have no one for us to flip.

It feels much better to flip a recruit from State than to come in second to FSU. Granted, we are competing with the big boys in recruiting now, but i wish the coaching staff would just go pick off a State recruit to make me feel better.

Who gives a shit

Goat Holder
12-11-2013, 12:10 PM
I see what you're saying but you've got the concept wrong. Alabama/LSU is still getting better players than Ole Miss, and that's the point. You never turn down a talented player because you feel like you don't 'need' him at a certain position. EVERYBODY needs talented players. So, in that regard, Ole Miss is doing things correctly. It's just that they aren't really getting talented players. Who cares the star rating.

slickdawg
12-11-2013, 12:22 PM
I can't wait to see their reaction when Markell Pack flips back to FSU. Brewster ain't done.

scottycameron
12-11-2013, 02:19 PM
I can't wait to see their reaction when Markell Pack flips back to FSU. Brewster ain't done.

I'm starting to think Brewster pretty much sucks when it comes to recruiting.

chef dixon
12-11-2013, 02:21 PM

If you look at Green's twitter, its awesome. Dude has completely bought in to MSU.

Goat Holder
12-11-2013, 02:49 PM
He landed Derunnya Wilson, Fred Ross and Jahmere Irvin-Sills for us last year. 2 of those guys contributed as freshman.

You don't know what you're talking about.

justwin
12-11-2013, 02:53 PM
are there any OM recruits that may come to MSU when the dust settles?

Political Hack
12-11-2013, 04:35 PM

that's only true 80% of the time.

Coach34
12-11-2013, 05:35 PM
He landed Derunnya Wilson, Fred Ross and Jahmere Irvin-Sills for us last year. 2 of those guys contributed as freshman.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Who did? Brewster didnt. Koenning landed Fred Ross, and Collins landed Wilson

smootness
12-11-2013, 05:46 PM
Who did? Brewster didnt. Koenning landed Fred Ross, and Collins landed Wilson

The first person Wilson mentioned after he committed was Brewster, said the think he liked most about State was his relationship with Brewster. I don't really know on Ross, but I know Brewster was involved.

And he definitely landed Donald Gray for us.

Goat Holder
12-11-2013, 06:50 PM
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/01/wenonah_senior_derunnya_commit.html

"Tim Brewster is why I am going to play in Starkville," Wilson said.

whiff

Political Hack
12-11-2013, 07:44 PM
after the 2010 debacle they changed things to have two "primary recruiters" for every kid. One is the geographical guy who has relationships with the local coaches. The other is the position coach. In some cases that would obviously overlap... e.g., if we recruited a QB from the gulf coast (Les and Les). However, I'm sure they have contingencies for dealing with those situations too.

In short, I think y'all are both right about who he was being recruited by.

Coach34
12-11-2013, 08:02 PM
Collins was the lead recruiter on Wilson- but that's a good quote on Brewster

Koenning was the lead recruiter on Ross- feel free to find a quote with him announcing Brewster got him to State