PDA

View Full Version : Justin Upton...1st inning solo bomb to center.

CadaverDawg
04-23-2013, 02:17 PM
Dude is mashing this year

FISHDAWG
04-23-2013, 02:20 PM
thanks for the reminder ... I forgot about the early game today because of the D-header .... and YES you are correct he is absolutely smashing it ... Freeman comes back while Heyward goes away ... will we ever get the complete team clicking on all cylinders ?

CadaverDawg
04-23-2013, 02:22 PM
thanks for the reminder ... I forgot about the early game today because of the D-header .... and YES you are correct he is absolutely smashing it ... Freeman comes back while Heyward goes away ... will we ever get the complete team clicking on all cylinders ?

Not looking like it. Luckily, the team has enough depth this year to hold serve until they get healthy. IF they get healthy.

CadaverDawg
04-23-2013, 02:30 PM
Now Uggla with a 2 run bomb in the 2nd!

msstate7
04-23-2013, 02:45 PM
Minor bout to give it back.

CadaverDawg
04-23-2013, 02:46 PM
Minor bout to give it back.

Yep, 3-2 now.

msstate7
04-23-2013, 03:10 PM
Now 3-3. Rockies have lead run at 3rd

War Machine Dawg
04-23-2013, 03:15 PM
Minor is wearing short sleeves in 25 degree weather. How the hell is he staying warm?

I hope Schafer gets more opportunities to play while J-Hey is out. He's produced every time he's been given a chance this season.

EL OSO BLANCO SOLO BOMB!!!!! Braves regain the lead!

CadaverDawg
04-23-2013, 03:16 PM
Gattis Bomb! 4-3 Bravos

CadaverDawg
04-23-2013, 03:17 PM
Minor is wearing short sleeves in 25 degree weather. How the hell is he staying warm?

I hope Schafer gets more opportunities to play while J-Hey is out. He's produced every time he's been given a chance this season.

Beat me to it. They said Minor can't wear sleeves because it bothers him throwing with sleeves on. He may want to try em out, bc he's getting hit early and often today. But then again, this is Coors Field.

War Machine Dawg
04-23-2013, 03:21 PM
Missed that. I was out and just cut the game on. It may bother him to wear sleeves, but it'd sure as hell bother me a lot more to not wear them when it's ****ing 25. And probably even colder with the wind chill.

Gattis absolutely crushed his homer. The LF barely moved. But the best part, other than taking the lead, were the two in polar bear costumes wearing Braves jerseys. Gattis is quickly becoming one of the most popular players on the team.

CadaverDawg
04-23-2013, 03:40 PM
Damn, I had no idea that B.J. Upton was hitting a buck 60? He needs to get his shit together. He should be seeing some great pitches to hit ahead of Justin right now.

Bo Darville
04-23-2013, 06:15 PM
The Braves are going to have to figure out how to score runs on methods other than a homerun. It's working for them now, but won't work forever. BJ Upton, Uggla, and Heyward have averages below .200. They can't hit for average and get on base, so the homers are usually solo shots. Right now everybody seems to hit one into the seats or strikeout. It is the damndest thing I've seen in a while. For the season, Uggla is going to bat .150 with 45 homers and 55 RBIs.

War Machine Dawg
04-23-2013, 08:25 PM
Don't get me started on Uggla. I'd trade his overpaid ass for a box of balls and call it a win if I was in charge.

I expect J-Hey will turn it around. Apparently his appendix has been bothering him for weeks, but he's tried to play through it. And he's done everything else right in terms of D, baserunning, hustle, etc. If you keep it up, usually things come around at the plate. My guess is we see the All-Star quality J-Hey when he comes back from the DL.

I also think BJ figures it out. His track record speaks for itself. He may be pressing a little after signing a big contract with a new team. But eventually he'll return to form.

The good news is this team has a lot of pieces to be able to manufacture some runs when we need to. The Uptons, J-Hey, Schafer, Pena, and Andrelton all have good or elite speed. Freeman has average to slightly below average speed, but is a good baserunner. From the small sample size we've seen from Gattis, I'd say he's slow, but a good baserunner as well. We can move runners via steals and bunts with the amount of overall speed this team has. And most of them have no problem scoring from 2B on a single.

But this team also has a ton of power and most of them are hot right now. Fredi is rightfully riding the hot streak and playing for the big inning more often. We haven't necessarily been able to do that in the past. It'll be interesting to see how things change if/when we can move Uggla and install Pastornicky at 2B. He'll increase team speed even further and might be our best solution for the leadoff spot. I guess my point is this team is plenty balanced in terms of power and ability to manufacture runs with need be. It's hella fun to watch.

msstate7
04-23-2013, 08:46 PM

Nice call on Jordan. He's having a nice game in game 2

msstate7
04-23-2013, 08:59 PM
Uptons go back-to-back. This team is explosive

CadaverDawg
04-23-2013, 09:02 PM
Uptons go back-to-back. This team is explosive

Damn, I missed it. Glad to see BJ get one. Justin is insane right now.

msstate7
04-23-2013, 09:07 PM
Did you see Francisco get 2 run jack?

CadaverDawg
04-23-2013, 09:09 PM
Did you see Francisco get 2 run jack?

No been watching Vandy. Just clicked over

msstate7
04-23-2013, 09:13 PM
No been watching Vandy. Just clicked over

My favorite part of this game is Teheran pitching well in Colorado against a good team. Very good sign for him.

War Machine Dawg
04-23-2013, 10:22 PM
Francicso's bomb was a no-doubter. Deep into the RF seats.

I've been on the Schafer bandwagon for years. We got a little off track, but we're going in the right direction again. He's worked his ass off to change his swing to make more contact and use his speed. It's really shown this spring and in his limited action in the regular season. I really want to see him get some ABs while he can, because his speed can be a big asset to the club.

Definitely encouraging to see Teheran pitch well in Colorado. I've been on his ass, but he did a nice job pitching around trouble tonight. Hopefully he's starting to put it together.

I love that we were just talking about needing to manufacture more runs and we go out and score the majority of our runs without a a homer. Francisco and J-Up with nice base hit RBIs, BJ with a sac fly. Andrelton laying down a leadoff bunt hit and using his speed. This team can score runs in a lot of different ways, we just haven't shown it much. But damn it's fun to watch.

TopDog58
04-23-2013, 10:36 PM
Don't get me started on Uggla. I'd trade his overpaid ass for a box of balls and call it a win if I was in charge.

I expect J-Hey will turn it around. Apparently his appendix has been bothering him for weeks, but he's tried to play through it. And he's done everything else right in terms of D, baserunning, hustle, etc. If you keep it up, usually things come around at the plate. My guess is we see the All-Star quality J-Hey when he comes back from the DL.

I also think BJ figures it out. His track record speaks for itself. He may be pressing a little after signing a big contract with a new team. But eventually he'll return to form.

The good news is this team has a lot of pieces to be able to manufacture some runs when we need to. The Uptons, J-Hey, Schafer, Pena, and Andrelton all have good or elite speed. Freeman has average to slightly below average speed, but is a good baserunner. From the small sample size we've seen from Gattis, I'd say he's slow, but a good baserunner as well. We can move runners via steals and bunts with the amount of overall speed this team has. And most of them have no problem scoring from 2B on a single.

But this team also has a ton of power and most of them are hot right now. Fredi is rightfully riding the hot streak and playing for the big inning more often. We haven't necessarily been able to do that in the past. It'll be interesting to see how things change if/when we can move Uggla and install Pastornicky at 2B. He'll increase team speed even further and might be our best solution for the leadoff spot. I guess my point is this team is plenty balanced in terms of power and ability to manufacture runs with need be. It's hella fun to watch.

Also, don't forget that unlike Justin, BJ has been a lifelong American Leaguer.

I was worried about the Braves situational hitting. Tonight's game helps. Suckla is being Suckla, but the early struggles average wise by Heyward, Simmons, and BJ plus Freeman being on the DL, has made the homer all the more important. They just weren't getting on base enough to drive in runs other than by the bombs. Hopefully Heyward can come back in 2 weeks and the lineup can jell together and get it going once the weather warms up. If this team keeps hitting the long ball and the averages get better (can't get any worse) they are going to be scary good.