Just going to leave this here:

Dean Blevins ‏@DeanBlevins 1h
Texas source tells me:
"Saban sitting on 10-yr deal worth $100M & 1% of #LonghornNetwork."
Smart way 2 get cooperation w non-stop TV cams

If this is true, I think he is gone.

civildawg
12-10-2013, 08:01 PM
I would love for him to leave. It gets old every year knowing you don't stand a chance at all in your own division

Dawg61
12-10-2013, 08:21 PM
Hudspeth to Bama*

Coach34
12-10-2013, 08:39 PM
Zero chance

Schultzy
12-10-2013, 09:38 PM
Texas should hire Petrino. It's a good fit, both are just on the prostitute level anymore.

civildawg
12-10-2013, 09:46 PM
Stefan Stevenson ?@FollowtheFrogs 1m
Source close to Texas executive council of regents says Nick Saban will be next Longhorns coach.

There is a lot of smoke coming out of Texas

Political Hack
12-10-2013, 09:51 PM
I said on this board months ago it was going to be a ten year ten million a year offer. that wasn't conjecture. it came from a connected UT guy. And it's been known for years. The offer was always coming... was just a matter of whether he'll take it.

CadaverDawg
12-10-2013, 09:55 PM
Deleted

cubswillwinitonedaydawg
12-10-2013, 10:04 PM
He's 62 already. Not that he can't very well coach until he's 90, but Nicky is getting on up there. And it ain't like he's going broke and needs to coach 10 more years. If he has 10 more years left in him, then please please please let him go to Texas so we can have a shot at the west in the next 10 years.

bulldogsmsu
12-11-2013, 09:16 AM
How long do coaches normally take to sign a contract? They are reporting he has had the Alabama new contract on his desk since last Thursday, it is not Wednesday. Is this a normal time coaches take to sign a revised contract? Or you think the Texas thing is definately happening?

smootness
12-11-2013, 09:26 AM
How long do coaches normally take to sign a contract? They are reporting he has had the Alabama new contract on his desk since last Thursday, it is not Wednesday. Is this a normal time coaches take to sign a revised contract? Or you think the Texas thing is definately happening?

I think it's clear at this point that he's not 100% staying at Bama, but it's not just Texas that may be after him. He could be looking to get back in the NFL and give it one more shot before he retires.

SheltonChoked
12-11-2013, 09:26 AM
I hate UT, and have wife's family that are huge Bama Fans.

This would be Great for MSU.

Could it give us a chance with Humprey, and that LB from T-town?

BulldogBear
12-11-2013, 09:30 AM
1) What coaches say and what they really think or want can be as different as black and white. We all know this. So throw out anything he has said.

2) Plenty of reasons to stay at Bama. $$$ at either place may or may not be an issue. Let's be honest. After a few million a year, extra $$$ doesn't really change your lifestyle much. There's more bottom line of course. More decades before your far distant descendents will have to work, etc.

3) It depends on what he wants. He already has to start over on winning 3 in a row. At Texas he can try for that as well as taking THREE different schools to title. He's had a big hand in building the SEC dominance. He could try to see if he could tear it down!

SignalToNoise
12-11-2013, 09:32 AM
1% of Long Horn Network?

Well, that certainly puts this $100M deal over the top!**

smootness
12-11-2013, 09:34 AM
1% of Long Horn Network?

Well, that certainly puts this $100M deal over the top!**

It absolutely could. That is potentially a huge deal down the line.

bulldogsmsu
12-11-2013, 09:37 AM
I think it's clear at this point that he's not 100% staying at Bama, but it's not just Texas that may be after him. He could be looking to get back in the NFL and give it one more shot before he retires.

Yeah sure he is using it as leverage. I hear 76M over 9 years at Bama. Who knows, nothing would suprise me with Saban.

Johnson85
12-11-2013, 09:45 AM
2) Plenty of reasons to stay at Bama. $$$ at either place may or may not be an issue. Let's be honest. After a few million a year, extra $$$ doesn't really change your lifestyle much. There's more bottom line of course. More decades before your far distant descendents will have to work, etc.

It changes his family's lifestyle. I used to think money would be irrelevant once you were making a few million a year. Once you start having kids and grandkids, though, you start thinking about what you could do for them with a few extra million. Set up a trust for college tuition that will last for a couple of generations? Vacation home where spread out family can spend every holiday together? Setting up 'Warren Buffett' trusts for a couple of generations (i.e. - enough money to do anything they want, but not enough money to do nothing). Just saying while he may not be able to spend an extra 3 million a year, he can probably find a use for it that he values.

And he may have a daughter with limited career options outside of the UFC, so a few extra mil to take care of her might be persuasive.