PDA

View Full Version : When is the national coaching convention?

deltadawg99
12-10-2013, 12:07 PM
I could be wrong, but isn't there where you see a lot of coaching turnover take place because people get interviewed?

The only change on the staff that I'm hoping to see is move Sallach off the field and bring in a special teams coach that can develop players, recruit and also COACH SPECIAL TEAMS.

Of course I wouldn't mind if Les retired and we hired a young OC, but I have clue if that will happen.

smootness
12-10-2013, 12:19 PM
If we can have a couple years of essentially no coaching turnover (given, it's rare) it would be huge for recruiting.

The main guys I want to see us keep for at least one more year are Townsend and Collins.

I think Hughes/Hevesy/Koenning are here for the long haul. I also think we can keep Turner for a little while now that he's back. I don't see us having Townsend for a real long time, and I think Collins will get an offer he can't turn down eventually. I'm not real sure on Gonzales. He and Mullen have history, but he's jumped around, and I would think he wants to be more than a WR coach at some point.

Big4Dawg
12-10-2013, 12:25 PM
If Dan can find someone, Sallach will move to off-the-field role. It was in the plans last year, just Brewster left us hanging to late.

Homedawg
12-10-2013, 12:26 PM
If we can have a couple years of essentially no coaching turnover (given, it's rare) it would be huge for recruiting.

The main guys I want to see us keep for at least one more year are Townsend and Collins.

I think Hughes/Hevesy/Koenning are here for the long haul. I also think we can keep Turner for a little while now that he's back. I don't see us having Townsend for a real long time, and I think Collins will get an offer he can't turn down eventually. I'm not real sure on Gonzales. He and Mullen have history, but he's jumped around, and I would think he wants to be more than a WR coach at some point.

As for Gonzalez, he has moved a little bit. But he's not just jumping to jump. He went from fla to lsu. The lsu to Illinois to be the coordinator. After one bad year of that he was looking for a job and fell in our lap. We're it not for the coordinator offer he would still be in baton rouge. I think he has done a solid job.