PDA

View Full Version : Okay, I normally wouldn't link Bleacher Report-

messageboardsuperhero
12-10-2013, 11:34 AM
but this is just too good: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1882120-ole-miss-football-will-the-2013-egg-bowl-be-coach-hugh-freezes-folly

My favorite part of the whole thing is the very beginning: "There are certain teams that a coach just cannot lose to. The coach at Tennessee is expected to beat Vanderbilt, the coach at Georgia is expected to beat Georgia Tech and there is an expectation that the Ole Miss coach will beat Mississippi State."

If UM really sees itself as that much superior of a football school, I feel sorry for them because the last two-and-a-half decades must be pretty rough.

cheewgumm
12-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Hugh is on borrowed time. If Mullen finds a way to win in Oxford next year, that's it. Done and done.

FISHDAWG
12-10-2013, 11:39 AM
finally something positive about MSU from the BR - even though it took a slam against Hugh Freeze to manifest itself

Political Hack
12-10-2013, 11:41 AM
weird. I actually see it as the other way around.

wasn't it those asshats that said CDM was on the hot seat because he lost to OM? Once?

Four & One.

FlabLoser
12-10-2013, 11:42 AM
Damn, Acey Roberts wrote that. Acey is a MIRS founder, Ole Miss rebel, and a master smack/harasser on message boards and twittersphere.

DawgInMemphis
12-10-2013, 11:44 AM
A Rodney Dangerfield quote comes to mind...

messageboardsuperhero
12-10-2013, 11:44 AM
Honestly, the article itself makes some good points about the importance of the Egg Bowl.

I just find it hilarious that some UM people see us as the Vanderbilt to their Tennessee, or the Georgia Tech to their Georgia- especially considering the fact that we've had more success than them over the past 25 or so years.

FlabLoser
12-10-2013, 11:53 AM
There are some errors in that article. 2009, 2010, 2011 wasn't nearly the first time MSU one 3 in a row.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egg_Bowl

We won 13 in a row between 1911 and 1925 (Some of those were played in Tupelo, Clarksdale, and Greenwood.) We won 4 in a row from 1939 to 1942.

Boya
12-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Acey Roberts is so full of FAIL it's ridiculous... He list his favorite sports moment as "The moment Ole Miss or the Cubs ever win a championship" So basically his favorite moment has yet to occur in his lifetime (I assume he's talking about football for Ole Miss)

deltadawg99
12-10-2013, 12:04 PM
Freeze is basically Ed Orgeron that can talk in front of the microphone. That's the only difference.

They may be able to win signing day, but when is the last time they actually developed a player that wasn't already a stud coming into campus?

Say what you want to about Mullen and company, but they do a great job of evaluating and developing talent.

Pollodawg
12-10-2013, 12:11 PM
Already been said. If Mullen wins in Oxford next season, Freeze is done. Stick a fork in it.

CJDAWG85
12-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Already been said. If Mullen wins in Oxford next season, Freeze is done. Stick a fork in it.

Let's add to that... Mullen wins in Oxford and our recruiting class from '15 holds up/improves. That would mean Mullen is 5-1 against them, while Freezus is 1-2 and we win the recruiting championship. You have to believe the slush fund will be used hard if all that happens.

AlSwearengen
12-10-2013, 12:54 PM
Freeze damn sure better win the bowl game. His coaching resume or lack there of is in the back of their minds to begin with, whether they admit it or not. I have no idea what GT has, but if olemiss loses to them, the rebel fans will be looking for the first opportunity next season to start howling for freeze's head. And that includes convincing wins over the teams they are supposed to beat.

DawgPoundRock
12-10-2013, 01:13 PM
But, But they beat LSU..haha

CadaverDawg
12-10-2013, 01:26 PM
Delusion = Ole Miss

They shouldn't expect their coach to beat us because none of them seem to do it very often. Hell, any recruit that actually researches the athletic program he decides on, will quickly see that Ole Miss is not a program you go to if you want to win at a high level. MSU has a SEC Championship appearance in football, several trips to Omaha in baseball and a CWS Championship game appearance last year, a Final Four in basketball, etc. Ole Miss has none of those. They are all bark and no bite.

They are not a family. They are a bunch of cocky "me, me, me" guys that can't accomplish anything as a team. Everything is individual with that program. They will always underachieve in their fans eyes because they have a false sense of who they are. It is hilarious, and I enjoy watching them constantly fail to reach their unachievable goals. They will never be a threat at sustained success, because their fans, boosters, and media will prevent it from happening. I love it.

The only thing I wish, is that the national media will quit buying their garbage and start seeing that program for the paper tiger it really is. They are all talk and always have been. When the pressure turns up, they turn on each other.

Pollodawg
12-10-2013, 01:29 PM
The more I think about it, Freeze is a stooge. The brass in Oxford likes him because he is easy to control. Want evidence, just look at what Touhy said about making him baptize her son. The big pockets run that program like it's their own personal playground. They always have, and they always will. It's good ole boy at its finest. Tubs left because he wouldn't let them control him. That's the same reason Auburn canned him after one bad season. The brass there didn't like him either. Nutt got on well with the bog boys in Oxford, or so it looked, he just ran into a Mullen buzzsaw. The same will happen to Hugh. Just give it time.

Dawg61
12-10-2013, 02:23 PM
Missouri has been to more SECCG than Ole Miss.

mstatefan91
12-10-2013, 02:59 PM
They haven't beat us in Starkville in a decade. We own the series over the past 25 years and yet, they still think of us as below them? So sick of TSUN's fan base. Hope Preacher Freeze goes 0-12 next year.

Political Hack
12-10-2013, 03:25 PM
Missouri has been to more SECCG than Ole Miss.

hahahaha. it's funny because it's true.

BossDawg
12-10-2013, 03:27 PM
That Acey Roberts chick is a big UM homer anyway, I think.

BossDawg
12-10-2013, 03:34 PM
Ole Miss has none of those. They are all bark and no bite.

Also, Ole Miss is the ONLY team in the conference (the.only.team) that doesn't have a regular season conference title in basketball. I find it funny that people don't throw that out very often.

Ronny
12-10-2013, 03:39 PM
..these sour grapes articles do we have to read between now & next Nov?

Over the past week I read more sour grapes articles coming from Ole Miss morons than I've read over the last 5 years put together.

Word to rebel/bear bitches: Stop with the constant barrage of sour grapes articles.

Just accept your football mediocrity & move on.

CadaverDawg
12-10-2013, 03:40 PM
They haven't beat us in Starkville in a decade. We own the series over the past 25 years and yet, they still think of us as below them? So sick of TSUN's fan base. Hope Preacher Freeze goes 0-12 next year.

No, they don't. They KNOW we are above them, but they are trying like hell to convince each other that it's not true. Facts are facts...and we are a better football program than Ole miss, and have been for the last 25 years.

They will never admit it, and I could not care less that they won't. Everybody just needs to realize that when they are saying they're superior, it is nothing but their insecurity shining through because they know we own them on the field. Just smile and laugh.

CadaverDawg
12-10-2013, 03:43 PM
..these sour grapes articles do we have to read between now & next Nov?

Over the past week I read more sour grapes articles coming from Ole Miss morons than I've read over the last 5 years put together.

Word to rebel/bear bitches: Stop with the constant barrage of sour grapes articles.

Just accept your football mediocrity & move on.

Exactly.

I seriously see it as their entire fan base and media group trying to convince each other that it's not as bad as it seems. Nobody is buying that shit though....except their idiot fan base