PDA

View Full Version : Please..I shouldn't be getting this excited this early...

Original48
12-10-2013, 09:23 AM
@sbcmortgageman: Wow Nick Fitzgerald will begin practicing with the team this week. Automatically have a 3-deep QB roster headed into the spring. @bobounds

Bo Darville
12-10-2013, 09:55 AM
Always big to have high schoolers or Juco players who can come in early. Spring is valuable practice time.

One important thing this spring is to develop Damian Williams. Obviously as the 3rd stringer, his reps were limited through most of the fall. Dak is definitely the guy next year, but we need a number 2 that can come in when needed without missing a beat. Dak's style of play means he will take a beating, and injuries are always a concern. This staff needs to work Damian hard during the bowl practices, spring practices, and fall drills. He needs to be much improved when we kickoff in early September. I like the guy, I love what he did against Ole Miss, and he just needs reps and instruction to improve his ability and confidence. I think the development of a number 2 QB, the development of some young o-linemen (Clayborn, Cole Carter, Justin Senior, Desper), the development of Juco o-linemen, and the improvement on special teams (especially punt return and place-kicking) are vital to a great 2014 season.

Big4Dawg
12-10-2013, 10:06 AM
This is the first year early signees can practice with the team. Only HS players can, JUCO can not, btw.

Bo Darville
12-10-2013, 10:24 AM
This is the first year early signees can practice with the team. Only HS players can, JUCO can not, btw.

JUCO can practice with the team in the spring.

DownwardDawg
12-10-2013, 10:39 AM
JUCO can practice with the team in the spring.

You are correct, but I think he's talking about bowl practice. HS signees can participate, JUCO's cannot.

Big4Dawg
12-10-2013, 10:54 AM
You are correct, but I think he's talking about bowl practice. HS signees can participate, JUCO's cannot.

Correct, bowl practice.

Barking 13
12-10-2013, 11:18 AM
wooly...

mic
12-10-2013, 11:22 AM
This is why I thought Nick may be the QB that doesn't redshirt next year. He will have these 2 weeks plus all of the spring.
Unless ES comes in and balls out and pushes for or gets the #2 spot which he may do, I think he will be the redshirt.
Either way WIN-WIN for us..

deltadawg99
12-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Maybe I missed it, but how come high school early enrollees can practice during the bowls, but JUCO guys can't? Don't get me wrong, it's great that Fitzgerald can practice, but I wish that the JUCO linemen could practice because they will be need to contribute next year.

Percho
12-10-2013, 01:09 PM
Always big to have high schoolers or Juco players who can come in early. Spring is valuable practice time.

One important thing this spring is to develop Damian Williams. Obviously as the 3rd stringer, his reps were limited through most of the fall. Dak is definitely the guy next year, but we need a number 2 that can come in when needed without missing a beat. Dak's style of play means he will take a beating, and injuries are always a concern. This staff needs to work Damian hard during the bowl practices, spring practices, and fall drills. He needs to be much improved when we kickoff in early September. I like the guy, I love what he did against Ole Miss, and he just needs reps and instruction to improve his ability and confidence. I think the development of a number 2 QB, the development of some young o-linemen (Clayborn, Cole Carter, Justin Senior, Desper), the development of Juco o-linemen, and the improvement on special teams (especially punt return and place-kicking) are vital to a great 2014 season.

I agree. It looked a little to me that against OM he was playing a little tight in that he did not want to make mistakes. And he did very, very good in my opinion.