PDA

View Full Version : Rice's Liberty Bowl Invite

hacker
12-10-2013, 12:30 AM
This is just great. After watching this, I wish these guys a healthy, non-heartbreaking bowl loss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j5soT9Vlg8

Political Hack
12-10-2013, 08:07 AM
that's awesome. that's what makes college football special.

Crystal Balls
12-10-2013, 08:28 AM
They gonna be ready to play.

Jack Lambert
12-10-2013, 09:03 AM
doesn't the C-USA champion get a automatic bid? They already knew so that was all show.

rabbitthedawg
12-10-2013, 09:04 AM
Yea...I remember us going into the Liberty Bowl playing Air Force. Wasn't supposed to be much of a game, and it wasn't for the maroon and white. Those Air Force boys came to play. I hope Coach Mullen shows some film of that rout.

Bubb Rubb
12-10-2013, 09:05 AM
They gonna be ready to play.

All the people bitching about our opponent should watch this.

I'm happy for them, and as someone else said, I hope they lose in the most sportsmanlike way possible.

DawgInMemphis
12-10-2013, 09:07 AM
doesn't the C-USA champion get a automatic bid? They already knew so that was all show.

Still exciting to get the official invite.

DownwardDawg
12-10-2013, 09:21 AM
that's awesome. that's what makes college football special.

This is why the bowl games can never go away. It means so much to the teams.

FISHDAWG
12-10-2013, 10:07 AM
pretty cool to watch ... I remember being just as excited getting that same invite when we were under the Croom / McCorvey regime

smootness
12-10-2013, 10:13 AM

Of course they knew, but it wasn't just for 'show'. You still have to get the official invite, and it's obviously a big deal to the kids. It's kind of like knowing you'll be getting an award but when you hear them actually announce it, it's still special.

We don't have to poormouth freaking everything. The excitement wasn't 'for show'.

Maroonthirteen
12-10-2013, 10:25 AM
Yea...I remember us going into the Liberty Bowl playing Air Force. Wasn't supposed to be much of a game, and it wasn't for the maroon and white. Those Air Force boys came to play. I hope Coach Mullen shows some film of that rout.

Gosh, that reminds me how long I have followed the Dogs and how I haven't changed. I was pissed off after that game. College kid spending what little money I had to get up there, sit in the cold and watch Air Force kick our butts. Hell, The Falcons pick 6ed an option pitch. It was a terrible performance after so many years of a bowl drought. Tough loss.

sandwolf
12-10-2013, 10:46 AM
pretty cool to watch ... I remember being just as excited getting that same invite when we were under the Croom / McCorvey regime

+1

hacker
12-10-2013, 01:29 PM

Pretty cynical. They still have to officially accept. They obviously knew because the guy was in the room, but it was still exciting to them.

Dawg61
12-10-2013, 01:43 PM
I watched the Rice/Marshall replay and Rice is better than most think. They will challenge our secondary. Mullen better have us ready or we'll get beat.