PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Jackson tweet

ShotgunDawg
12-09-2013, 08:44 PM
Jesse T. Jackson ‏@JuicyJayy86 59m
Sooo proud of the news that I heard from my boy @JPatterson__8

Hmmm, wonder what may have happened?

Coach Hughes was apparently at Petal visiting Patterson today.

Who knows, but Tony Hughes might need a raise boys. He may be on verge of locking South MS up.

It's almost like Mullen has said 17 it on the 2014 class, and has just gone all in for 2015

The board looks like this:

Jamal Peters 4 star
J'Mar Smith 4 star
Javon Patterson 4 star
Leo Lewis 4 star
Fletcher Adams 4 star
Malik Dear 4 star

To along with our 5 4 stars already committed.

Coach34
12-09-2013, 09:02 PM
One thing Mullen started doing was locking up in-state talent. Now Freezus has come in and is starting to do the same.

Mississippi has always been poached by the big programs- if State and Ole Miss start locking down all the in-state talent- then both programs will continue to be good football teams with the extras brought in. And then you get those great years like 2015 talent-wise once every 6-8 years that could really boost the programs

RBritt
12-09-2013, 09:20 PM
Coach PM me or email me at rbritt19@gmail.com I have some info for you

TrueMaroon
12-09-2013, 09:29 PM
Let's give Mullen a little more credit for 2014. It appears as if we are going to close strongly this year instead of just closing by maintaining what we have.

I love our offensive skill players in this class with the QB's. There's also a lot of talent with our DB's and LB's. This is a good class.

Coach34
12-09-2013, 09:32 PM
Let's give Mullen a little more credit for 2014. It appears as if we are going to close strongly this year instead of just closing by maintaining what we have.

I love our offensive skill players in this class with the QB's. There's also a lot of talent with our DB's and LB's. This is a good class.

There are ups and down in recruiting just like everything else. We have had 2 good classes in 2012 and 2013...and 2015 is looking strong so far. That's solid and will keep us where we need to be

mic
12-09-2013, 09:46 PM
2014 may not be rated high by stars or numbers standards .. but we have filled some needs with players
RB- Williams best in state
QB- 2 that fit Mullen's offense style
WR's- 2 of the best 3 in state
OL- 2 good juco's that will compete for a starting job
LB- best in state
DE- a stud if we can flip Cory ..
DB- sleeper in Bryant and great shot a Tee
and others that could be solid SEC guys.. Cause it has been proven that this staff can develop talent. So lets don't sleep on this class

But 2015 is on the verge of being Mullen's signature class

smootness
12-09-2013, 09:52 PM
If we get Cory Thomas, I'm pleased with this year's class. As it is, I like it for offensive skill players, and I think Gerri Green will be an absolute stud.

Pollodawg
12-09-2013, 10:01 PM
I see this as sort of a depth class. There are some hidden gems in there, and I love every one these young men for choosing to play at the only university in Mississippi where they'll be loved and not thrown under the bus by a HC that cares more about his relationship with boosters and the media than he does his university. They are some guys in here who may not ever be superstars, but they're damned hard workers who want to play for my alma mater. And I will take a hard worker who does his best every day over a star studded attention whore.

CadaverDawg
12-09-2013, 10:35 PM
I see this as sort of a depth class. There are some hidden gems in there, and I love every one these young men for choosing to play at the only university in Mississippi where they'll be loved and not thrown under the bus by a HC that cares more about his relationship with boosters and the media than he does his university. They are some guys in here who may not ever be superstars, but they're damned hard workers who want to play for my alma mater. And I will take a hard worker who does his best every day over a star studded attention whore.

Boom. The Mississippi State way.

The People's University

hailmari
12-09-2013, 10:42 PM

Well said. Great mentality.

Coach34
12-09-2013, 10:42 PM
If 2014 turns out to be the lunch pail group- then so be it.

engie
12-09-2013, 10:49 PM
"You don't always get who you want in recruiting -- but you always get who you are." - John Cohen

A profound statement that always seems to hold true...

ShotgunDawg
12-09-2013, 10:58 PM
"You don't always get who you want in recruiting -- but you always get who you are." - John Cohen

A profound statement that always seems to hold true...

Agree, that is an outstanding statement and very true.

Todd4State
12-09-2013, 11:11 PM
I like what we have done with the 2014 class. I don't care where it's ranked- we met needs with a relatively small allotment of scholarships.

Anyone that complains about the 2015 class at this point is not going to be happy no matter what.

I would add Dontae Jones, Matt Womack, Jonnas Spivey, Jarvis Wilson, Anfernee Sullivan, Ryan Gibson, Mark McLaurin and Chris Stamps to your board as well.

DownwardDawg
12-09-2013, 11:13 PM

Hail yeah baby! Hail yeah!!!

Dawg61
12-09-2013, 11:56 PM
Excellent post

Homedawg
12-10-2013, 12:28 AM
One thing Mullen started doing was locking up in-state talent. Now Freezus has come in and is starting to do the same.

Mississippi has always been poached by the big programs- if State and Ole Miss start locking down all the in-state talent- then both programs will continue to be good football teams with the extras brought in. And then you get those great years like 2015 talent-wise once every 6-8 years that could really boost the programs

This is so true

Homedawg
12-10-2013, 12:33 AM
If we get Cory Thomas, I'm pleased with this year's class. As it is, I like it for offensive skill players, and I think Gerri Green will be an absolute stud.

I hope u are right. But I don't see this happening. And yes green if healthy is unreal

maroonmania
12-10-2013, 12:45 AM
I hope u are right. But I don't see this happening. And yes green if healthy is unreal

I agree, would be very surprised if Thomas flipped. Have a strong feeling at this point that his college choice is not really in his hands.

Homedawg
12-10-2013, 12:55 AM
We have 3-4 guys who are committed that won't be here in August. Just forewarning you. It's not like we don't know it or haven't known it. We don't have 20 ships to give anyway, barring a mass exodus.

BulldogDX55
12-10-2013, 01:03 AM
I agree, would be very surprised if Thomas flipped. Have a strong feeling at this point that his college choice is not really in his hands.

Paul Jones put an above 50% chance of him flipping. Paul knows his stuff, so something is up.

We have 3-4 guys who are committed that won't be here in August. Just forewarning you. It's not like we don't know it or haven't known it. We don't have 20 ships to give anyway, barring a mass exodus.

Paul also referenced 3-4 sign and place guys. This is fine, as it has given us studs like Slay, Cox, and soon to be Grey.