PDA

View Full Version : Which SEC team loses their bowl game?

Jack Lambert
12-09-2013, 03:27 PM
I think Auburn, Georgia and Ole Miss will have trouble. I think if any it will be one of these three.

starkvegasdawg
12-09-2013, 03:39 PM
The last few weeks of the regular season Ole Miss had a lot of trouble stopping a power run game. That is about all they are going to see against Ga Tech so I think they may have a lot of problems if the Ga Tech defense comes to play. Auburn will also have a tough time. Besides the ones you mentioned keep an eye on LSU. With Mettenberger out their task has gotten a lot tougher. I know nothing about their opponent but they were definitely vulnerable this season. USCe will depend on whether Clowney decides to play the whole game or protect himself for the draft and take plays off.

Jack Lambert
12-09-2013, 03:45 PM
The last few weeks of the regular season Ole Miss had a lot of trouble stopping a power run game. That is about all they are going to see against Ga Tech so I think they may have a lot of problems if the Ga Tech defense comes to play. Auburn will also have a tough time. Besides the ones you mentioned keep an eye on LSU. With Mettenberger out their task has gotten a lot tougher. I know nothing about their opponent but they were definitely vulnerable this season. USCe will depend on whether Clowney decides to play the whole game or protect himself for the draft and take plays off.

I forgotten about Metteberger being out but it is Iowa and LSU has a serious running game with two really good recievers even with the back up QB. I think going forward into next season Mettenberger being out could be a good thing for LSU>

Drugdog
12-09-2013, 04:11 PM
Going with LSU and Georgia to lose based on QB.
Should be a good record for SEC.

Thick
12-09-2013, 04:31 PM
I think you guys are crazy if you think LSU will struggle with Jennings under center. First, he's a better athlete then Mett, and you can bet that the Hat will have a game plan that will be geared around his strengths. If anything, this could improve their ability to be multi-dimensional, and he has the ability to make a play with his legs.

TXDawg
12-09-2013, 04:52 PM
What about Mizzou? I think they'll struggle with OK State.

I have OM, UGA, and Mizzou struggling. The rest (including Auburn) should be fine.

blacklistedbully
12-09-2013, 05:32 PM

Ole Miss has 3 weeks to prepare for the triple-option. An SEC team, even a weaker one, should have the athletes to stuff the triple-option with 3 weeks to prepare. That's the problem with running it in today's game. Can make up for talent gap versus superior athletes IF the otehr team has only a week to prepare. But given extra time, the defense can get familiar with their role/discipline, then the superior speed of the defense stones the wishbone.

smootness
12-09-2013, 05:46 PM
Tech has been awful in bowl games under Paul Johnson, save for last year against a laughable USC team.

They generally do much worse than they're expected to do; other teams are able to gameplan well against it, and Paul Johnson hasn't really figured out how to combat that.

sandwolf
12-09-2013, 10:54 PM
I think Wisconsin will give SC a hell of a game. They are a good team.

engie
12-09-2013, 10:58 PM
Ole Miss could be down as many as 3 OL starters for their bowl game. Morris and Golson are done --- and they say Tunsil is questionable at best...

Bothrops
12-09-2013, 11:04 PM
Ole Miss and Georgia

Pollodawg
12-10-2013, 12:02 AM
Ole Miss could be down as many as 3 OL starters for their bowl game. Morris and Golson are done --- and they say Tunsil is questionable at best...

Done for their career, or done for the season? I am just curious. I would never wish an injury on anyone. If they are down 3 starting O linemen, the bears could easily lose to GT.

Political Hack
12-10-2013, 08:26 AM
GaTexh is horrible during bowl games under PJ, but they actually have a decent defense this year too. I think they could give OM problems but Nashville wi essentially be a home game for the Bears.

I think Auburn loses too.

FISHDAWG
12-10-2013, 09:57 AM
Ole Miss has 3 weeks to prepare for the triple-option. An SEC team, even a weaker one, should have the athletes to stuff the triple-option with 3 weeks to prepare. That's the problem with running it in today's game. Can make up for talent gap versus superior athletes IF the otehr team has only a week to prepare. But given extra time, the defense can get familiar with their role/discipline, then the superior speed of the defense stones the wishbone.

^^^ roger that ^^^ ..... I just don't see Tech pushing OM defense around - GA Tech loses this one

NewTweederEndzoneDance
12-10-2013, 10:13 AM
^^^ roger that ^^^ ..... I just don't see Tech pushing OM defense around - GA Tech loses this one

and let's not forget that ol' Freezus will be coaching with an eye towards his all important 2nd straight recruiting world championship, so he will be wanting to put a beating on GT to add to the spin machine.

I think Auburn loses, Georgia loses, and Vandy loses. And the Mizzou/OSU game may be one of the best of the entire bowl season.

CJDAWG85
12-10-2013, 10:23 AM
Auburn
Vandy
S Carolina