12-09-2013, 11:45 AM
Will Dak be 100%?

Will Tyler be able to play?

thedawg
12-09-2013, 11:51 AM
yes and no

CJDAWG85
12-09-2013, 11:54 AM
Ok so we will have a healthy Dak and Damien. I like that.

thedawg
12-09-2013, 11:56 AM
I expect to see both... The next real qb question is which Freshmen redshirts and which one plays... Folowed quickly with who is the backup QB Damien or Staley

CJDAWG85
12-09-2013, 11:58 AM
If I had to guess, I'd say Staley will RS and take a year to get bigger and learn the offense better.

thedawg
12-09-2013, 12:05 PM
I would think you are right especially with Fitz coming in January... But what if Fitz is no where near ready and you have an early season injury to Dak... Then you are one playing away from play Fitz in one of the most important seasons in recent memory. Bottom line alot of people expected Staley to be the guy when Dak graduates. Then this season happens and you see that Damien has some skills too. I personally love his demeanor... never too high never too low. Then you have Fitz who is a really really good athlete. He has the same type of polarizing personality as Dak. Then you have Staley who oozes with raw abilty but Fitz beats him to campus by six months and Fifteen practices... This doesnt matter long term but does for the redshirt conversation. All of these are good problems but decisions have to be made.

CJDAWG85
12-09-2013, 12:10 PM
If Fitz is no where near ready by the start of the season and enrolling early, then someone isn't doing their job... whether it's the coaches or he just doesn't care or just can't grasp it... What style of offense did he run in HS?

DawgInMemphis
12-09-2013, 12:15 PM
I would think you are right especially with Fitz coming in January... But what if Fitz is no where near ready and you have an early season injury to Dak... Then you are one playing away from play Fitz in one of the most important seasons in recent memory. Bottom line alot of people expected Staley to be the guy when Dak graduates. Then this season happens and you see that Damien has some skills too. I personally love his demeanor... never too high never too low. Then you have Fitz who is a really really good athlete. He has the same type of polarizing personality as Dak. Then you have Staley who oozes with raw abilty but Fitz beats him to campus by six months and Fifteen practices... This doesnt matter long term but does for the redshirt conversation. All of these are good problems but decisions have to be made.

I think you redshirt both of them (assuming they're not ready to be the starter as a true frosh), and if out of necessity one of them has to play you burn the redshirt of the guy who is most prepared at that time. It's not ideal to redshirt 2 qbs and have them in the same class, but it is what it is. If one of either Fitz or Staley ends up being much better than the other, they're going to get the most snaps going forward regardless of who is in which class.

thedawg
12-09-2013, 12:21 PM
Fitz has only started at QB for one year in a triple option run first offense. He started at WR as a jr and had good numbers. They had a qb that year that signed with a D1 school .. I think Air Force. So he is very short on experience at the QB position. He has alot of tools though.. He is tall, very fast, and can throw the ball a long way. He has to refine his throwing motion and learn to read defenses. He is certainly athletic enough to play another position.. You dont just assume he is going to play another position though because he could take to QB and be the guy. All indications are he is an extremely hard worker and great leader.

thedawg
12-09-2013, 12:21 PM
And I would redshirt one play one... unless your leaning toward the idea of moving Fitz after having him in spring

Irondawg
12-09-2013, 12:42 PM
what was ever the official word on tyler's injury?

TheRef
12-09-2013, 12:43 PM
what was ever the official word on tyler's injury?

Separation of the AC joint. (Shoulder separation)

thedawg
12-09-2013, 12:44 PM
Shoulder came out vs Alabama... Once it comes out its really prone to come out again... Then came out vs Arkansas and probably tore some things a loose... Elected to have surgery to fix it for pro day...

CJDAWG85
12-09-2013, 12:46 PM
If he's relatively inexperienced at QB then the early enrollment will be extremely beneficial... They will more than likely keep him in the basic formations until he's ready, but he could be a good 3rd string next year.

maroonmania
12-09-2013, 01:43 PM
Shoulder came out vs Alabama... Once it comes out its really prone to come out again... Then came out vs Arkansas and probably tore some things a loose... Elected to have surgery to fix it for pro day...

Anyone heard when his surgery will be?

thedawg
12-09-2013, 02:20 PM
Already done

hacker
12-09-2013, 03:18 PM
I think you redshirt both of them (assuming they're not ready to be the starter as a true frosh), and if out of necessity one of them has to play you burn the redshirt of the guy who is most prepared at that time. It's not ideal to redshirt 2 qbs and have them in the same class, but it is what it is. If one of either Fitz or Staley ends up being much better than the other, they're going to get the most snaps going forward regardless of who is in which class.

And I would redshirt one play one... unless your leaning toward the idea of moving Fitz after having him in spring

Oh look, it's this thread again.

Barking 13
12-09-2013, 03:24 PM
Oh look, it's this thread again.

I was just fixing to say: NTSA....

ShotgunDawg
12-09-2013, 03:34 PM
For God's sakes, not this thread again.

Please keep this thread about Tyler and Dak's health and not let it go down the other path.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/1036752128/h98B4FC84/

Barking 13
12-09-2013, 03:55 PM
For God's sakes, not this thread again.

Please keep this thread about Tyler and Dak's health and not let it go down the other path.

Yes, please, let's get these fellas on campus first....