PDA

View Full Version : Chance to Lead Off has been a huge success

cheewgumm
05-12-2024, 01:07 PM
Agree or disagree?

I think it's fantasitc.

If Dakota hits like yesterday. Auguer continues the rise and Picoh shows out today...we may be starting the "peak"
which would be great timing.

It's all coming togethger!!!

Pancho
05-12-2024, 01:10 PM
we can sure hope

Coach34
05-12-2024, 01:29 PM
Has it? Trout is 8/37 in the leadoff role he began at Candy for a .216 avg. However his OBP is .333 over the span with 5 runs scored

Homedawg
05-12-2024, 01:31 PM
Has it? Trout is 8/37 in the leadoff role he began at Candy for a .216 avg. However his OBP is .333 over the span with 5 runs scored

I know you don't like him. But he's hit it better than that. Even the vandy series he had some loud outs. And went 0-fer that weekend. He's not a gimme out like the bottom of our lineup

Coach34
05-12-2024, 01:39 PM
I know you don't like him. But he's hit it better than that. Even the vandy series he had some loud outs. And went 0-fer that weekend. He's not a gimme out like the bottom of our lineup

No he's not and he has been adjusting as of late. It's probably helped Larry more getting him out of the spot.

cheewgumm
05-12-2024, 02:02 PM

He started off really slow, but he's hitting now. You made a good point about Larry.

R2Dawg
05-13-2024, 11:58 AM
Agree or disagree?

I think it's fantasitc.

If Dakota hits like yesterday. Auguer continues the rise and Picoh shows out today...we may be starting the "peak"
which would be great timing.

It's all coming togethger!!!

That can't be; we were told Chance was barely a SWAC player not SEC****

Coach34
05-13-2024, 12:19 PM
That can't be; we were told Chance was barely a SWAC player not SEC****

9/42 since moving to leadoff- .214.... .327 OBP

I dont know where you guys get "huge success" from that- but ok

StarkVegasSteve
05-13-2024, 01:09 PM
I think the bigger thing is we got Larry out of the lead off spot. The other thing is Chance is starting to get ok with just taking a walk. Had 4 walks this weekend. We need someone like that in our lineup who is ok with just taking a walk.

Coach34
05-13-2024, 02:35 PM
I think the bigger thing is we got Larry out of the lead off spot. The other thing is Chance is starting to get ok with just taking a walk. Had 4 walks this weekend. We need someone like that in our lineup who is ok with just taking a walk.

I agree that its certainly helped Larry getting out of the 1 hole. But moving there has bothered Trout- that cant be debated. Still think we need to flip he and Dirtbag in the order

StarkVegasSteve
05-13-2024, 03:10 PM
I agree that its certainly helped Larry getting out of the 1 hole. But moving there has bothered Trout- that cant be debated. Still think we need to flip he and Dirtbag in the order

And Mershon can do the same thing. I think he's even more comfortable taking a walk than Chance. Chance's biggest issue sometimes, at least I think, is that he tries to be something he's not. He tries to be that Jordan or Hujsak type hitter when he needs to be a Mershon type hitter.

cheewgumm
05-14-2024, 07:52 PM
I?d like to publicly apologize for this take.

No questions at
This time.

Coach34
05-14-2024, 07:57 PM
I?d like to publicly apologize for this take.

No questions at
This time.

You have been an absolute jinx this season. Please stop my friend. Next thing ya know you will post about Lebby's health