View Full Version : Thread on Sixpack - Warning on Remaining Baseball Schedule

Goldendawg
05-01-2024, 02:28 PM
Thread on Sixpack that Lemonis and all SEC HC's received a memo from the Selection Committee not to cancel reamining games with mid-week foes with a high RPI to maintain your RPI in the face of a drop win or lose. Better pray for rain against UNA. BTW, how could they punish you if you do cancel?

StarkVegasSteve
05-01-2024, 02:42 PM
Thread on Sixpack that Lemonis and all SEC HC's received a memo from the Selection Committee not to cancel reamining games with mid-week foes with a high RPI to maintain your RPI in the face of a drop win or lose. Better pray for rain against UNA. BTW, how could they punish you if you do cancel?

They could, and would, hold it against you when it's time to select hosts.

EdwardDrayton
05-01-2024, 02:49 PM
Show me the memos these m17ers sent ANYONE the last three years. IF it's true WE were sent one, that is targeting of the worst kind. Pure bull$hit.

viverlibre
05-01-2024, 03:56 PM
That's just bluff, they ain't doing shit if we cancel.

Skydawg1
05-01-2024, 03:58 PM
Show me the memos these m17ers sent ANYONE the last three years. IF it's true WE were sent one, that is targeting of the worst kind. Pure bull$hit.Every head coach in the country got the memo.

smootness
05-01-2024, 04:01 PM
Great, so just quit scheduling them altogether.

RockyDog
05-01-2024, 04:03 PM
Selmon just needs to hire an RPI wizard/schedule maker for men's basketball and baseball. OR just tell them to avoid the SWAC and anybody with a sub 250 RPI from the previous year.

State82
05-01-2024, 05:37 PM
They could, and would, hold it against you when it's time to select hosts.

Yep. They said the selection committee would take any such cancellations into consideration.

EdwardDrayton
05-01-2024, 05:48 PM
Every head coach in the country got the memo.

That's OK then. We can ignore it just like everyone else will.

Quaoarsking
05-01-2024, 06:36 PM
Selmon just needs to hire an RPI wizard/schedule maker for men's basketball and baseball. OR just tell them to avoid the SWAC and anybody with a sub 250 RPI from the previous year.

I work in Excel all day and have built my own RPI model for fun. I would gladly consult with the Athletic Department on optimizing scheduling across all sports, and I wouldn't gouge them typical consulting fees.

Dawgology
05-01-2024, 08:05 PM

What if the whole team gets the stomach bug????

Mjoelner34
05-01-2024, 08:24 PM
Selmon doesn't have a hair on his ass if we don't experience a sprinkler malfunction and/or a transformer explosion next week.

maroonmania
05-01-2024, 10:22 PM
That's just bluff, they ain't doing shit if we cancel.

Yep, now they can punish you if you don't play it and keep a higher RPI or they can punish you if you do play it and your RPI drops even if you win big.

Todd4State
05-01-2024, 10:36 PM
I guess we'll just have to play which is dumb that we are being forced to. Biggest thing is we can't lose the game. Aside from that it's really difficult to know what a team's RPi is going to be. Actually it's impossible to know. We've gotten burned by playing PAC 12 teams in the past like Arizona.

We might actually be better off scheduling a D2 school because then if we lost to Delta State it wouldn't affect our RPI.

And it's not like if we cancelled the game we wouldn't pay North Alabama for breach of contract. So they're not getting completely shafted. Plus they wouldn't have to travel.

starkvegasdawg
05-01-2024, 10:54 PM
Slip them the money and tell them their bus needs to "break down" a mile from their campus.

Todd4State
05-02-2024, 01:17 AM
Slip them the money and tell them their bus needs to "break down" a mile from their campus.

Maybe we can have Everett drive them to Nettleton on accident.

It's about time we put him to good use.