PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Winfield, pls get Trazarien White

HoopsDawg
04-30-2024, 02:07 PM
Thx in advance

StarkVegasSteve
04-30-2024, 02:20 PM
That's a guy you unload the NIL clip for. He's a 50/40/70 guy. He takes you from fringe tournament to 2nd weekend REAL QUICK.

Santiago
04-30-2024, 02:24 PM
Being from TX, will this be a fight with Baylor and TCU?

Coach34
04-30-2024, 02:27 PM
Would think it's going to be tough to keep him out of Texas- but you never know

msstate7
04-30-2024, 02:29 PM
Are we even linked to him?

StarkVegasSteve
04-30-2024, 02:30 PM
Being from TX, will this be a duel with Baylor?

Could be, but Baylor is bringing in a lot of talent. I don't know how he would feel about so many people at the same position. Especially, high caliber Freshman like VJ Edgecombe. It's obviously going to be a dogfight to get him, but it's one we need to win.

StarkVegasSteve
04-30-2024, 02:31 PM

We're in his final 3, so yea.

Santiago
04-30-2024, 02:41 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/uncw-transfer-forward-trazarien-white-down-to-3-schools/ar-AA1nWwdX

msstate7
04-30-2024, 02:55 PM
We're in his final 3, so yea.

Wow. We will have to outbid the other 2 substantially most likely.

msstate7
04-30-2024, 02:58 PM
Baylor signed a 5-star sf (top 10 nationally), so that probably helps us. Tcu doesn't have that level of competition

StarkVegasSteve
04-30-2024, 03:11 PM
Wow. We will have to outbid the other 2 substantially most likely.

We're probably better set up for success than TCU so that works in our favor as well.

gtowndawg
04-30-2024, 03:24 PM
I concur. Go get that man!

StarkVegasSteve
04-30-2024, 03:36 PM
To add, he scored 27 in a win AT RUPP last year and scored 28 in a loss at Bud Walton. He won't be scared of the moment.

KOdawg1
04-30-2024, 08:27 PM
Gotta win it.

We're struggling to land a solid 5, so we really need to knock the wing spot out of the park.

White would be a grand freaking slam.

msstate7
05-02-2024, 07:31 AM
Achor achor from Samford in portal.
16.1 ppg
6.1 rpg
1.5 apg
43.5% 3
6'9" 227
23 pts 8 reb vs Kansas in NCAAT

Offer him the same thing as white, and see if one bites

StarkVegasSteve
05-02-2024, 08:11 AM
Achor achor from Samford in portal.
16.1 ppg
6.1 rpg
1.5 apg
43.5% 3
6'9" 227
23 pts 8 reb vs Kansas in NCAAT

Offer him the same thing as white, and see if one bites

He will be highly sought after. He's a 50/40/70 guy like White but he could play the 5 for us. Hubbard, Clary, White, Matthews, and Achor would be as formidable a 5 as any SEC team will put out there, and yes that includes Arkansas.

Saying all that, I've heard we're after Ven-Allen Lubin for the 5 spot. Played for Vandy this past year and was 50/33/70 for them, plus has played in this conference. Avg'd 12.3 for Vandy last year.

trob115
05-02-2024, 08:30 AM
We have a legit chance with Achor. That is one to watch.

We are not getting White, unfortunately.

StarkVegasSteve
05-02-2024, 08:41 AM
We have a legit chance with Achor. That is one to watch.

We are not getting White, unfortunately.

Talking to people out in DFW, it's between us and TCU. From what I was told, TCU had to blow more NIL than they bargained for with Van Lith and had to dip into the men's pool for that. Don't know how much is left. They've also already took two players at his positions. We have a better chance than you'd believe at White.

gtowndawg
05-02-2024, 08:50 AM
Talking to people out in DFW, it's between us and TCU. From what I was told, TCU had to blow more NIL than they bargained for with Van Lith and had to dip into the men's pool for that. Don't know how much is left. They've also already took two players at his positions. We have a better chance than you'd believe at White.

https://gifdb.com/images/high/snoop-dogg-i-like-that-5rhmzorfb6rvriqn.gif

StarkVegasSteve
05-02-2024, 08:54 AM
https://gifdb.com/images/high/snoop-dogg-i-like-that-5rhmzorfb6rvriqn.gif

Now I'm in no way saying we'll get him. I know Adkerson made a VERY SIZABLE, I.E. 7 figures, NIL pledge for basketball so we're more set there than some would lead you to believe

Coach34
05-02-2024, 09:03 AM
I cant imagine having to deal with all that. You got very average players in the portal wanting 1 million

KentuckyDawg13
05-02-2024, 11:40 AM
This is getting more difficult by the day to support this NIL bullsh|t.

These players are NOT worth it...hate the direction college sports has gone. Used to be the last somewhat honest playing ground, not anymore. All about the benjamins.

Get off my lawn!!!

Commercecomet24
05-02-2024, 01:48 PM
I cant imagine having to deal with all that. You got very average players in the portal wanting 1 million

Yep, it's insane.

State82
05-02-2024, 03:03 PM
Out.Of.Control.

MabenMaroon
05-02-2024, 03:27 PM
Could somebody explain the terminology "50/40/70" for me please. I don't have a clue.

StarkVegasSteve
05-02-2024, 03:37 PM
Could somebody explain the terminology "50/40/70" for me please. I don't have a clue.

50% FG percentage, 40% 3pt percentage, 70% FT percentage.

BuckyIsAB****
05-02-2024, 10:53 PM

Made Saban quit. Why anyone would want to go coach in college at this point is beyond me. But it?s just a sign of the times. It?s a political issue. Has been from day 1. Liberals destroy every society that has been built. All empires end, we are coming up on that 250 year mark. Not long left

TaleofTwoDogs
05-03-2024, 01:39 AM
Depends how much family means to him. Might be the reason he is coming home from UNCW. TCU IS 30 miles from home, Waco is 80. Starkvegas is over 600.

ScoobaDawg
05-03-2024, 08:46 AM
Made Saban quit. Why anyone would want to go coach in college at this point is beyond me. But it?s just a sign of the times. It?s a political issue. Has been from day 1. Liberals destroy every society that has been built. All empires end, we are coming up on that 250 year mark. Not long left

Drop the politics dude.. all you are trying to do is bait someone into responding.

MabenMaroon
05-03-2024, 09:33 AM
50% FG percentage, 40% 3pt percentage, 70% FT percentage.

Thanks!

StarkVegasSteve
05-03-2024, 09:38 AM
Depends how much family means to him. Might be the reason he is coming home from UNCW. TCU IS 30 miles from home, Waco is 80. Starkvegas is over 600.

It's definitely a factor, but all these players saw what Dalton Knecht did last year and see how much playing in the SEC can raise your profile and they like that too. They also like how EVERY SEC game is on TV.

BuckyIsAB****
05-03-2024, 09:00 PM
Drop the politics dude.. all you are trying to do is bait someone into responding.

Or giving my opinion on a message board. Sorry for that

BeardoMSU
05-03-2024, 09:26 PM
Or giving my opinion on a message board. Sorry for that

The rules are clear (and have been!) on political stuff. Stop bitching.

msstate7
05-09-2024, 09:08 AM
Still visiting today?

StarkVegasSteve
05-09-2024, 09:24 AM
Still visiting today?

Visit was cancelled. Texas Tech got in and muddied the waters as well as Kansas St. We're probably set with the UGA kid at forward. Now we're chasing one more big. We're hard after the Vandy transfer Lubin. Also are pursuing a UK transfer and one more guy. It's not the Samford guy. I know that much.

Homedawg
05-09-2024, 09:28 AM
Visit was cancelled. Texas Tech got in and muddied the waters as well as Kansas St. We're probably set with the UGA kid at forward. Now we're chasing one more big. We're hard after the Vandy transfer Lubin. Also are pursuing a UK transfer and one more guy. It's not the Samford guy. I know that much.

North Carolina just got in the game w both the kid from uk and vandy after whiffing on their top targets.

Bdawg
05-09-2024, 09:32 AM

This is getting more difficult by the day to support this NIL bullsh|t.

These players are NOT worth it...hate the direction college sports has gone. Used to be the last somewhat honest playing ground, not anymore. All about the benjamins.

Get off my lawn!!!

Yep, it's insane.

It’s absolutely ridiculous! Football and basketball still trying to get millions for just a few new players. And I don’t know what this means for the Yorktown DLman we just got. Freaking Yorktown!! This is pathetic. College game is just ruined for now. This crap needs regulating fast.

Bdawg
05-09-2024, 09:34 AM
North Carolina just got in the game w both the kid from uk and vandy after whiffing on their top targets.

When does the portal close?

StarkVegasSteve
05-09-2024, 09:38 AM
It’s absolutely ridiculous! Football and basketball still trying to get millions for just a few new players. And I don’t know what this means for the Yorktown DLman we just got. Freaking Yorktown!! This is pathetic. College game is just ruined for now. This crap needs regulating fast.

It was Youngstown but I get what you're saying. I mean here's the thing: does it need regulating? Absolutely. It's wildly out of control. But you can either do nothing, sit back and bitch and moan about it not being regulated, and get killed. Or you can use the rules as they are currently written to your advantage, still complain about it and say it needs to be fixed, and still field a good team. We have too many fans who want to do the former and not the latter. Ole Miss is doing the latter and it is why they are exceeding in the portal in every sport.

StarkVegasSteve
05-09-2024, 09:40 AM

Correct. I think we still got a good shot with the Vandy kid because there's some rumors, unsubstantiated of course, that we enticed him to get in the portal with a big offer. Do with that info what you will.

Bdawg
05-09-2024, 09:52 AM
It was Youngstown but I get what you're saying. I mean here's the thing: does it need regulating? Absolutely. It's wildly out of control. But you can either do nothing, sit back and bitch and moan about it not being regulated, and get killed. Or you can use the rules as they are currently written to your advantage, still complain about it and say it needs to be fixed, and still field a good team. We have too many fans who want to do the former and not the latter. Ole Miss is doing the latter and it is why they are exceeding in the portal in every sport.

Youngstown! Ha yes. And still pathetic. The problem with this is MSU is in worse shape under NIL rules than pre-nil, imo. Mullen showed us we could be somewhat successful under those old rules. With the difference in the amount of money that can be raised at each school in the SEC, I don’t see how we will ever compete. It all comes down to money now, and whether you like it or not, we are at the low end of the totem pole. We needs tons of money just keep our head above water, much less compete. And as far as OM, I feel they are putting a lot of eggs in one basket for this year. This year is there opportunity. Maybe they can sustain what they are doing money wise, but I have my doubts. If they can, I guess they have deeper pockets than us. Not sure what’s on Kiffen’s mind either. Maybe he’s looking for a big season and a blue blood comes knocking. Or he may be happy. But I’ll give him credit, he’s got them emptying their pockets for him.
Edit: and I’m not saying do nothing. I’m just not sure our “something” will ever be enough with what’s the going rate for these players now a days.

Coach34
05-09-2024, 09:57 AM
We still have to be a developmental program because we cant portal like many of the top teams.

StarkVegasSteve
05-09-2024, 09:59 AM
Youngstown! Ha yes. And still pathetic. The problem with this is MSU is in worse shape under NIL rules than pre-nil, imo. Mullen showed us we could be somewhat successful under those old rules. With the difference in the amount of money that can be raised at each school in the SEC, I don’t see how we will ever compete. It all comes down to money now, and whether you like it or not, we are at the low end of the totem pole. We needs tons of money just keep our head above water, much less compete. And as far as OM, I feel they are putting a lot of eggs in one basket for this year. This year is there opportunity. Maybe they can sustain what they are doing money wise, but I have my doubts. If they can, I guess they have deeper pockets than us. Not sure what’s on Kiffen’s mind either. Maybe he’s looking for a big season and a blue blood comes knocking. Or he may be happy. But I’ll give him credit, he’s got them emptying their pockets for him.
Edit: and I’m not saying do nothing. I’m just not sure our “something” will ever be enough with what’s the going rate for these players now a days.

We're not in as bad an NIL situation as some people want to believe. We can compete. Our something is enough to compete. It just took us longer than others to get our NIL shit together. First we had a coach and an AD that didn't want to embrace it til the end (see Malik Nabors calling trying to transfer and Spurrier hanging up on him) and then we had a meathead who had never coached offense meddling with the offense when we finally had it together on the AD end. We finally have an AD and a coach who want to embrace it.

Bdawg
05-09-2024, 10:07 AM
We still have to be a developmental program because we cant portal like many of the top teams.

I agree but can you really even develop anymore with open transfer rule? Heck you think you got a good one coming, then he can up and leave for more money. But maybe it’s easier to hang on to them if they sign with us out of high school.

Bdawg
05-09-2024, 10:10 AM
We're not in as bad an NIL situation as some people want to believe. We can compete. Our something is enough to compete. It just took us longer than others to get our NIL shit together. First we had a coach and an AD that didn't want to embrace it til the end (see Malik Nabors calling trying to transfer and Spurrier hanging up on him) and then we had a meathead who had never coached offense meddling with the offense when we finally had it together on the AD end. We finally have an AD and a coach who want to embrace it.

It may not be bad, but I sure don’t want to go head to head with other schools in the SEC for a player

StarkVegasSteve
05-10-2024, 02:00 PM
Business may be about to pick up........a former Gator just became available once again.

Homedawg
05-11-2024, 11:04 AM
Business may be about to pick up........a former Gator just became available once again.

Kansas was way over paying him. He's not worth anywhere near what they were planning on giving him.

msstate7
05-11-2024, 11:36 AM
Kansas was way over paying him. He's not worth anywhere near what they were planning on giving him.

Did Kansas reconsider or what?

Homedawg
05-11-2024, 11:56 AM
Did Kansas reconsider or what?

Word is he can't get in school there.

msstate7
05-11-2024, 11:59 AM
Word is he can't get in school there.

Is there any mutual interest?

StarkVegasSteve
05-11-2024, 01:37 PM
Is there any mutual interest?

Definitely mutual interest. We would make room.

HoopsDawg
05-11-2024, 02:08 PM
Definitely mutual interest. We would make room.

Maybe 3rd times a charm.

Goldendawg
05-11-2024, 03:01 PM

How do you develop Freshmen & Soph's which are now being paid to stay on the bench a year or two? Think they will be happy when you bring in a portal player to play their spot in either year? And if the player does develop and have a breakout year for us, pay up again or he probably gets poached for bigger $ by a Blue Blood as has already happened to us. How may portal players have we gotten from a fellow SEC program that as been a success vs. our better players going to a SEC competitor to date? $ will probably come before the few MS players who grew up wanting to play for any college program, us included. Look at the 4 star Winona LB with his brother on our roster who committed to AU last week. "Development" may mean taking dissatisfied players who sat on the Big Boys' bench and want playing time or a "star" found from a lower level of college football. This is the challenge in the NIL/Portal world as it stands right now.

MoreCowbell
05-11-2024, 05:01 PM

What I hate the most is that the bill got passed to the fans. Now we have to donate even more to pay and compete and when it is not enough it is because WE did not raise enough money. Pisses me off.

Homedawg
05-12-2024, 09:28 AM

Vandy transfer has a huge huge asking price. So......

StarkVegasSteve
05-12-2024, 10:47 AM
Vandy transfer has a huge huge asking price. So......

Partly because we were the ones who made a huge offer to get him to enter the portal.

Homedawg
05-12-2024, 06:48 PM
Partly because we were the ones who made a huge offer to get him to enter the portal.

Well apparently it wasn't enough. Stakes have gone up.

KOdawg1
05-12-2024, 08:42 PM
Doesn't matter if we tampered to get him in the portal, when a program like UNC comes calling, they're gonna listen. If UNC really wants him, we won't be getting him

BeardoMSU
05-12-2024, 08:47 PM
Doesn't matter if we tampered to get him in the portal, when a program like UNC comes calling, they're gonna listen. If UNC really wants him, we won't be getting him

This.