PDA

View Full Version : State moves to 12-9/alone at 5th in the SEC

Coach34
04-28-2024, 05:39 PM
All after losing their SP1 right before SEC play. Pretty impressive really

Need a 3-1 week over Mississippi and Bama. Keep the RPI climb going. Mississippi is at 28 currently and Bama 17

RockyDog
04-28-2024, 05:51 PM
Lemon’s got this!

smootness
04-28-2024, 06:08 PM
Huge series win. This team is frustrating at times but keep doing this and everyone will be back on board.

TALL DAWG
04-28-2024, 08:40 PM
Nothing seems to come easy with this team. Glad our 3rd baseman finally hit a homer. No reason it should have taken him this long. Hope he can dial 9 more often moving forward. Would be huge to get him and DJ going.

Commercecomet24
04-28-2024, 08:43 PM
Nothing seems to come easy with this team. Glad our 3rd baseman finally hit a homer. No reason it should have taken him this long. Hope he can dial 9 more often moving forward. Would be huge to get him and DJ going.

And how about the play Kohler made throwing out that runner at home on the bouncer behind third in bottom 8? Saved the game right there.

R2Dawg
04-28-2024, 08:43 PM
All after losing their SP1 right before SEC play. Pretty impressive really

Need a 3-1 week over Mississippi and Bama. Keep the RPI climb going. Mississippi is at 28 currently and Bama 17

Do that and stay in top 5 in SEC, I don't see how we don't host. The Dude got to be worth 4-5 RPI points, doesn't it?

TALL DAWG
04-28-2024, 08:44 PM
Yes!!
Huge play!!

Bdawg
04-28-2024, 09:12 PM
I will admit we are ahead of where I thought we would be in SEC play right now. If not for our non-con, we would be sitting pretty. What makes me mad is that we could be better in the SEC if not for a combo of player and coaching mistakes throughout those close losses. This team can infuriate me and make cheer with each inning played. I just cant figure out how to judge the job Lemo has done this year. So many variables to think about on whether to keep him or not. Hopefully we just keep winning and it doesn’t matter. But I just want him to be good enough to get us back to Omaha at the rate comparable to the other top school.

Bdawg
04-28-2024, 09:14 PM
And how about the play Kohler made throwing out that runner at home on the bouncer behind third in bottom 8? Saved the game right there.

Hell of a play that made that ending possible. Should be top 10 worthy for the week, especially in how significant is was

basedog
04-28-2024, 09:36 PM
Chester defense in the 9th was good also. One was a tough play.

Dawgface
04-28-2024, 09:49 PM
The ending had to sting for Vandy. Ha.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyGjaqRcYWc

Commercecomet24
04-28-2024, 09:50 PM

Yep.

Commercecomet24
04-28-2024, 09:52 PM

Corbin looked thrilled at those questions

DownwardDawg
04-28-2024, 10:10 PM

Thank you! I thoroughly enjoyed watching that!!!

KOdawg1
04-28-2024, 10:27 PM
Kudos to Lemon for making that move. Not that Pulliam wouldn't have made those plays, but you want the more experienced guy out there.

Lemonis doesn't always push the right buttons but he did right there

CaptainObvious
04-28-2024, 10:42 PM
Corbin looked thrilled at those questions

Maybe so. But I bet the female AD at Vandy makes him quietly apologize to the female reporter for replying with snarky responses that essentially insinuated she was a dumb girl asking stupid questions. They were stupid questions. Except for "why did you decide to pitch to Hines in the 9th?"

That one had to sting his ass. And then he said, the loss was a kick in the nuts right in front of her to the guy reporter! Fun times in Nashvegas!

Todd4State
04-28-2024, 10:47 PM
Maybe so. But I bet the female AD at Vandy makes him quietly apologize to the female reporter for replying with snarky responses that essentially insinuated she was a dumb girl asking stupid questions. They were stupid questions. Except for "why did you decide to pitch to Hines in the 9th?"

That one had to sting his ass. And then he said, the loss was a kick in the nuts right in front of her to the guy reporter! Fun times in Nashvegas!

OUCH!

I get why he pitched to Hines. You don't put the go ahead runner on base in the 9th inning. And it makes sense too with Hujsack on deck. I think their pitcher was LH too? So I get it.

Bdawg
04-28-2024, 10:51 PM
OUCH!

I get why he pitched to Hines. You don't put the go ahead runner on base in the 9th inning. And it makes sense too with Hujsack on deck. I think their pitcher was LH too? So I get it.

Yeah I pitch to Hines too. The one time I was glad Hujsak was hitting behind him.

bobtail bob
04-28-2024, 10:51 PM

Geez that is one mad old man inside right there. I think he genuinely wants to throw something against the wall.

Man this team. They are game as hell I can tell you that much.
You have to pull for them. I'm back on the bandwagon but feel punch drunk from the pummeling my fandom has taken the last couple of months. Lemons needs to stay out of the way and let the chips fall.

Commercecomet24
04-28-2024, 11:07 PM
Geez that is one mad old man inside right there. I think he genuinely wants to throw something against the wall.

Man this team. They are game as hell I can tell you that much.
You have to pull for them. I'm back on the bandwagon but feel punch drunk from the pummeling my fandom has taken the last couple of months. Lemons needs to stay out of the way and let the chips fall.

I love this post! I can't give you anymore rep!

Commercecomet24
04-28-2024, 11:08 PM
OUCH!

Yep agree with you on all that!

Commercecomet24
04-28-2024, 11:10 PM

I thought the interview was hilarious! He was mad as he could be and yeah his answers had extreme snarkiness and condescension in them! It was fun to watch him suffer!

basedog
04-29-2024, 07:45 AM
I thought the interview was hilarious! He was mad as he could be and yeah his answers had extreme snarkiness and condescension in them! It was fun to watch him suffer!

Why they threw a fastball down "Broadway" was dumb. I was thinking when Hunter came to the plate, he wouldn't see anything good to hit. Everyone knows to throw braking balls off the plate to him except Vandy. What a bomb!

GoDawgz
04-29-2024, 08:07 AM

I hate to say that I enjoyed watching the pain in his face and the distain for the one female that kept asking him questions..... hahaha Gold!

Brobi-wan
04-29-2024, 08:21 AM
If we host I think Lemo has earned his stay and I will be perfectly fine with that. I just do think there?s some question marks about his coaching. Maybe he?s learned his lesson and going forward things will be great. That?s what l hope for anyways. I love the dawgs.

StarkVegasSteve
04-29-2024, 08:34 AM
Yeah I pitch to Hines too. The one time I was glad Hujsak was hitting behind him.

If he had to do it over, he'd do the same thing. Hines' splits vs Lefties are terrible, but he got one. We've been on the wrong side of too many "That's baseball" moments for the last two years. About time we get on the right side of one.

StarkVegasSteve
04-29-2024, 08:37 AM
We're 12-9 and realistically should be no worse than 15-6. We're in a good spot to host, right now, but had we taken care of business against Florida and OM we'd be fighting for a national seed. I was confident we'd found a closer until Hardin scared me on Saturday. He got right again yesterday. If we can keep him where he is and keep ramping up Ligon, our backend could be night and day from where it was a month ago.

Commercecomet24
04-29-2024, 08:39 AM
Why they threw a fastball down "Broadway" was dumb. I was thinking when Hunter came to the plate, he wouldn't see anything good to hit. Everyone knows to throw braking balls off the plate to him except Vandy. What a bomb!

Right. He struggles with lefty breaking balls no reason to throw him anything else! Glad they did though lol!

PMDawg
04-29-2024, 09:15 AM
If we host I think Lemo has earned his stay and I will be perfectly fine with that. I just do think there?s some question marks about his coaching. Maybe he?s learned his lesson and going forward things will be great. That?s what l hope for anyways. I love the dawgs.

I think it's safe to say Lemonis is back next year for sure now, sans a MAJOR meltdown from here out. Can't complain, he's earned it. Is that best for us long term? Meh, I still have doubts, but it will play out. No use worrying about it at this point. Best thing is to just hope we win every game we play, as always, and enjoy it.