PDA

View Full Version : Chance is due today

Santiago
04-28-2024, 11:20 AM
Just saying in advance. He makes too much contact, for hits to not fall.

parabrave
04-28-2024, 01:30 PM
Just saying in advance. He makes too much contact, for hits to not fall.

Nope. And our situational plate awareness just sucks. Men on 2nd and 3rd with no outs and we can't even get a Sac fly.

Santiago
04-28-2024, 01:37 PM
Nope. And our situational plate awareness just sucks. Men on 2nd and 3rd with no outs and we can't even get a Sac fly.

They are fun to watch ***

parabrave
04-28-2024, 01:47 PM
Jusack with the big hit. Can we clone him and replace about 6 other players.

parabrave
04-28-2024, 01:52 PM
And Kohler with his 1st HR!!!!

Leeshouldveflanked
04-28-2024, 02:03 PM
Chance js looking good for Vandy.

Coach34
04-28-2024, 02:10 PM
he is not the answer leading off. Too much weakass contact

Santiago
04-28-2024, 02:54 PM
he is not the answer leading off. Too much weakass contact

you are right. I was hoping to send good vibes to him today.

Leeshouldveflanked
04-28-2024, 03:56 PM
Chance should be batting 9th. Him being in the lineup during a SEC game is just a sign how bad the talent level is.

Homedawg
04-28-2024, 04:26 PM
Chance should be batting 9th. Him being in the lineup during a SEC game is just a sign how bad the talent level is.

He was 370 in sec games going into the weekend. He had several loud outs this weekend. But ok.

Commercecomet24
04-28-2024, 06:27 PM

No, geez he was hitting over 300 coming into this weekend and one of our best hitters with risp. He's been raking for the last month. He should be in the 6 hole where he was perfect spot for him. I sometimes wonder if people even watch the games.

TALL DAWG
04-28-2024, 07:48 PM
I?d like to see the following as our
1-7 batting order: mershon, Jordan, Hines, Hugesack, Chance, the rookie and Kolher. Try it for an entire weekend and see.

Commercecomet24
04-28-2024, 08:46 PM
I?d like to see the following as our
1-7 batting order: mershon, Jordan, Hines, Hugesack, Chance, the rookie and Kolher. Try it for an entire weekend and see.

Not bad but I'd flip Hujsak and Hines and put Larry behind Pulliam. Three hole needs to be a complete hitter, that can handle the bat better than Hines. IMO.

TALL DAWG
04-28-2024, 08:55 PM
I REALLY wish our coaches would call more bunts at times especially for guys who are struggling. I would?ve bunted Chance twice today. Heck, they might throw the ball down the right field line.
And, try a squeeze play at times if someone is struggling. A good squeeze would get the whole team fired up!

Who was the team who beat Burn at Burn in a regionally either in 2022 or 2023 on 3 STRAIGHT bunts. Look no further than those 3 bunts for anyone who says a good bunting game can not turn a game.

Coach34
04-28-2024, 09:07 PM
I like his Dad a lot but I’ve given Trout a lot of shit. He sat awhile and something clicked when Lemon put him back in the line-up. Great for him.

I can also see based on metrics why u would try to lead off with him. But he just isn’t that guy. Slide him back and leadoff Dirtbag. He did it the last half of the year last season and can do it for us moving forward. And actually- I’d try Trout in the 2-hole because he can bunt fairly well

CaptainObvious
04-28-2024, 09:23 PM
Pulliam
Mershon
Hines
Hujsak
Jordan
Chance
Kohler
Powell
Larry or Stevens platooning and if Larry continues to struggle, give Downs or Cupp a few ABs.

Commercecomet24
04-28-2024, 09:25 PM
I like his Dad a lot but I’ve given Trout a lot of shit. He sat awhile and something clicked when Lemon put him back in the line-up. Great for him.

I can also see based on metrics why u would try to lead off with him. But he just isn’t that guy. Slide him back and leadoff Dirtbag. He did it the last half of the year last season and can do it for us moving forward. And actually- I’d try Trout in the 2-hole because he can bunt fairly well

Yeah I'd like to see Mershon leading off and give chance a shot in the 2 hole. I really think Hujsak needs to be in the 3 hole. He's clutch and doesn't strike out.

TALL DAWG
04-29-2024, 08:50 AM
Yeah I'd like to see Mershon leading off and give chance a shot in the 2 hole. I really think Hujsak needs to be in the 3 hole. He's clutch and doesn't strike out.

I would still put Jordan in the 2 hole and Hines in 3 hole as I mentioned yesterday.
By putting Hines in 3 hole u guarantee he will get an at bat in the 1st inning.
He can give us a homer at any time. So, why not put him in 3 hole.

Santiago
04-29-2024, 09:16 AM

this.....Hujsak in the 3 hole, and Chance in the 2 spot.
If Mershon gets on, that is some serious pressure on a pitcher throwing from the stretch and watching Mershon everywhere

Santiago
04-29-2024, 09:21 AM
I would still put Jordan in the 2 hole and Hines in 3 hole as I mentioned yesterday.

Jordan has a very high strike out rate. That 2 hole needs to be someone not striking out.

Commercecomet24
04-29-2024, 09:24 AM

To many strikeouts. The guy you want in the 3 hole needs to be someone, who is a more complete hitter. Someone with a high average and some pop, who doesn't K at a high rate, and that's Hujsak not Hines. Hines is prototypical cleanup guy. Lot of power, lot of strikeouts.

Commercecomet24
04-29-2024, 09:27 AM
Jordan has a very high strike out rate. That 2 hole needs to be someone not striking out.

This, yes! 2 hole needs to be someone who can handle the bat, bunt, run some, not K a lot. Jordan has so much talent, if he would cut down on his K rate he could hit over .400 and still have plenty of power. His BABIP average has to be extremely high, because its feast or famine.

Santiago
04-29-2024, 10:24 AM
This, yes! 2 hole needs to be someone who can handle the bat, bunt, run some, not K a lot. Jordan has so much talent, if he would cut down on his K rate he could hit over .400 and still have plenty of power. His BABIP average has to be extremely high, because its feast or famine.

How much tweaking will Lemonis do currently, out of concern to not break the winnng?

Commercecomet24
04-29-2024, 10:28 AM
How much tweaking will Lemonis do currently, out of concern to not break the winnng?

The way we played this weekend, I would bet he probably leaves it the same until we just don't produce. Hard to mess with something that worked against really good pitching the last 2 games. The key is keeping Hunter hot. If he continues to hit like this in the middle of this order, man that's a difference maker. Let's hope he's found it. I would still love to see Hujsak move to the 3 hole and Dakota to 5 but as long as we're producing hits and runs, probably best to just ride it for now. jmo.