PDA

View Full Version : Please educate me?our pitching

msudawglb
04-27-2024, 07:51 PM
Now, I?ve not kept up with every MSU baseball game this season. But I swear, every time I do tune in or look at a box score, this Scheulke kid has given up multiple runs in less than an inning pitched. His ERA has got to be in the teens. Does he have incriminating pictures of Lemon or something?

Commercecomet24
04-27-2024, 07:57 PM
His era is below 4. And he's pitched some big innings for us. If Kohler turns double play today he doesn't have any issues.

msudawglb
04-27-2024, 08:07 PM
Ok. I must have really bad timing then in regards to his outings.

Coach34
04-27-2024, 08:08 PM
He's tough on most R's but he cant get L's out

somebodyshotmypaw
04-27-2024, 08:24 PM
Now, I?ve not kept up with every MSU baseball game this season. But I swear, every time I do tune in or look at a box score, this Scheulke kid has given up multiple runs in less than an inning pitched. His ERA has got to be in the teens. Does he have incriminating pictures of Lemon or something?

Prior to the Vandy series he led the team in appearances with 23. He has an ERA of 3.86 in 32.2 innings.

Coach34
04-27-2024, 08:34 PM
Prior to the Vandy series he led the team in appearances with 23. He has an ERA of 3.86 in 32.2 innings.

yeah buttttttttt- a helluva lot of runners he inherits score

Commercecomet24
04-27-2024, 08:36 PM
He's tough on most R's but he cant get L's out

Yeah he should really never pitch to lefty's.

The Federalist Engineer
04-27-2024, 08:37 PM
Schulke is sink or swim. Some outings, batters, and teams can kill him.

He has a rubber arm so he can pitch multiple times per weekend.

In 16 Earned Runs, Austin Peay and Ole Miss got 8 in just 2 outings

Todd4State
04-27-2024, 08:44 PM
Yeah he should really never pitch to lefty's.

This is why it seems like he gives up a lot of runs. We don't always use him properly. Schulke and Tyler Davis should never appear in the same game.

bulldogcountry1
04-27-2024, 09:30 PM
He typically comes in with runners on base and/or in close games.

Plus, I believe he gets squeezed a lot because of his odd arm angles, especially in the bottom of the zone.

ETA: The staff refuses to let him finish on a high note. They always leave him in at least one batter too late.

Commercecomet24
04-27-2024, 09:33 PM

Plus, I believe he gets squeezed a lot because of his odd arm angles, especially in the bottom of the zone.

He does get squeezed a lot it seems. That om game was a perfect example of it.

Todd4State
04-27-2024, 11:46 PM
He does get squeezed a lot it seems. That om game was a perfect example of it.

There is no question in my mind that his different arm angles mess up the umpires in the SEC.

Commercecomet24
04-28-2024, 12:15 AM
There is no question in my mind that his different arm angles mess up the umpires in the SEC.

It must be ans he doesn't throw hard enough to have to groove pitches. He got squeezed a tad today too but he lost focus trying to pickoff runners. I know that's called from the bench and not his fault but dang you got a 5 run lead let your pitcher work the hitters and quit getting cute with the pickoffs. Also Kohler killed the inning by not turning a tailor made dp. Schuelke is very good against righty's but we shouldn't let him face lefty's in game situations

Todd4State
04-28-2024, 12:36 AM
It must be ans he doesn't throw hard enough to have to groove pitches. He got squeezed a tad today too but he lost focus trying to pickoff runners. I know that's called from the bench and not his fault but dang you got a 5 run lead let your pitcher work the hitters and quit getting cute with the pickoffs. Also Kohler killed the inning by not turning a tailor made dp. Schuelke is very good against righty's but we shouldn't let him face lefty's in game situations

Yeah. And I can't imagine a submarine guy have a good pick off move anyway unless the runner just gets completely confused by the weird looking pick off move.

R2Dawg
04-28-2024, 06:51 AM

ETA: The staff refuses to let him finish on a high note. They always leave him in at least one batter too late.

Good post and all true.