PDA

View Full Version : Please explain something to me

SilentSteel16
04-24-2024, 08:15 AM
I am not completely lost with jargon of today?s slang BUT what the crap does ?shoved? mean? Pardon the pun, it was not initially intended.

On Twitter, the official MState baseball pages keeps posting scores with the caption of ?shoved? and it is usually with a pitcher. To my middle aged mind, I automatically think of something being shoved where it shouldn?t be. Surly our social media team is not implying that correct?

StarkVegasSteve
04-24-2024, 08:17 AM
I am not completely lost with jargon of today?s slang BUT what the crap does ?shoved? mean? Pardon the pun, it was not initially intended.

On Twitter, the official MState baseball pages keeps posting scores with the caption of ?shoved? and it is usually with a pitcher. To my middle aged mind, I automatically think of something being shoved where it shouldn?t be. Surly our social media team is not implying that correct?

"Shoving" means a pitcher is pitching well. Basically means he "shoved" his pitching in the other team's face and they couldn't handle it.

BeardoMSU
04-24-2024, 08:21 AM
"Shoving" means a pitcher is pitching well. Basically means he "shoved" his pitching in the other team's face and they couldn't handle it.

And that word has been around forever in baseball lingo...

SilentSteel16
04-24-2024, 08:23 AM
And that word has been around forever in baseball lingo...

I wouldn?t say forever because I had never heard it before and I personally played college ball and was affiliated with pro ball for 11 years as a staff member. If by forever means after 2012 then the term might be correct

SilentSteel16
04-24-2024, 08:25 AM

Thank you