PDA

View Full Version : Spread v Rice?

BogeyGolfer
12-08-2013, 10:21 PM
I say State -10... Thoughts?

CadaverDawg
12-08-2013, 10:27 PM
I agree. I know nothing about Rice, but I would think it will be somewhere around 10.

Would love for someone who has seen Rice play on TV to give us a breakdown of what type of offense and defense to expect from them.

rcsteph1
12-08-2013, 10:32 PM
All I saw yesterday was they ran a lot of read option in the "wild owl". Had a nice jump pass for TD.

preachermatt83
12-08-2013, 10:42 PM
Rice is 10-3 and receiving votes in both polls... I doubt we are favored by more than 3

hailmari
I watch them play a&m some early this season. They played them tough for about two quarters, but Manziel was suspended for that first half too..

They looked physical and ready to play.. It could be another Bowling Green game to be honest.

Bothrops
Play good defense and we could win by 3 touchdowns. If everyone is healthy, I think we will have a really really big day on offense. On another note, Rice had a lot of success rushing against A&M. I watched the first half.

BulldogBear
12-08-2013, 10:45 PM
I hope they're favored. We have had a tendency to go into these types of games overconfident in past. Still haunted by AFA in Liberty Bowl. If our boys and coaches take Rice seriously...then we will beat the crap out of them as some of you say. If they are not taken seriously, we will be in a fight not be 6-7.

CadaverDawg
12-08-2013, 11:02 PM
Rice board says the early line is MSU -9.5

Pollodawg
12-08-2013, 11:05 PM
I hope they're favored. We have had a tendency to go into these types of games overconfident in past. Still haunted by AFA in Liberty Bowl. If our boys and coaches take Rice seriously...then we will beat the crap out of them as some of you say. If they are not taken seriously, we will be in a fight not be 6-7.

This. If we show up like we should, it's Gator Bowl 2010 all over again.

DownwardDawg
12-08-2013, 11:16 PM

Mullen doesn't lose when he's favored. If we're favored we win.

preachermatt83
12-08-2013, 11:20 PM
Mullen doesn't lose when he's favored. If we're favored we win.

what was the spread in last years Gator Bowl?

CJDAWG85
12-09-2013, 01:33 AM
It's State -9-

DownwardDawg
12-09-2013, 07:11 AM

I have no idea, and if we were favored, my statement was obviously not 100% correct but pretty much sums up Mullen's career. That's how I pick our games. If we are favored, we are going to win about 99% of the time. If we are underdogs it gets a little tougher. He's pulled a few upsets. Anytime we are favored though, I'd be willing to put money on it.

BulldogBear
12-09-2013, 07:18 AM
I have no idea, and if we were favored, my statement was obviously not 100% correct but pretty much sums up Mullen's career. That's how I pick our games. If we are favored, we are going to win about 99% of the time. If we are underdogs it gets a little tougher. He's pulled a few upsets. Anytime we are favored though, I'd be willing to put money on it.

In the end I really do expect to win. It's just having watched for 33 of my 40 years now I know that Miss. State had better show up when we are "supposed" to win. I've seen us lose too many games we were supposed to run away with.

DownwardDawg
12-09-2013, 07:25 AM
In the end I really do expect to win. It's just having watched for 33 of my 40 years now I know that Miss. State had better show up when we are "supposed" to win. I've seen us lose too many games we were supposed to run away with.

I completely understand, especially since JWS didn't take bowl games serious at all. Hell, it seemed like a vacation to him and the team, and it seemed like he was our coach for fifty years!!

FISHDAWG
12-09-2013, 09:54 AM
I say State -10... Thoughts?

only if Dak starts & plays .... -10 might be a little iffy with our 3rd string QB ...... anyone heard how Daks arm is doing ?

Coach34
12-09-2013, 10:08 AM

I think it was Northwestern -1