PDA

View Full Version : Cijntje on front page of MLB.com

Dawgs87
04-19-2024, 09:07 AM
Link to article: https://www.mlb.com/news/jurrangelo-cijntje-ambidextrous-pitcher-mississippi-state

https://img.mlbstatic.com/mlb-images/image/upload/t_16x9/t_w2208/mlb/olbtehycykzkjswo6bwc.jpg

Homedawg
04-19-2024, 09:16 AM
He's going to be a rhp in pro baseball. I understand he wants to do both, but his lh stuff isn't elite. Rh is.

Commercecomet24
04-19-2024, 09:54 AM
He's going to be a rhp in pro baseball. I understand he wants to do both, but his lh stuff isn't elite. Rh is.

This, I haven't talked to one single scout who projects him throwing left handed in pro ball. Maybe as a novelty in spring training or whatever, but he's strictly a rhp.

Coach34
04-19-2024, 10:01 AM
When Jerk gets in the groove and that FB starts getting that armside run at 96-97- he is tough to hit

Commercecomet24
04-19-2024, 10:12 AM
When Jerk gets in the groove and that FB starts getting that armside run at 96-97- he is tough to hit

The guy has so much talent in that right arm. When he gets going and his motion and delivery, he reminds me of Pedro Martinez. He's got so much potential. If he will keep his head right, work hard and avoid serious injury the sky is the limit for this kid.

Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: What do I got?
Crash Davis: You got a gift. When you were a baby, the Gods reached down and turned your right arm into a thunderbolt. You got a Hall-of-Fame arm!

Todd4State
04-19-2024, 10:39 AM
This, I haven't talked to one single scout who projects him throwing left handed in pro ball. Maybe as a novelty in spring training or whatever, but he's strictly a rhp.

What's unique about him is if he has to have Tommy John he can just pitch with the other arm while he is still recovering.

sandjunky
04-19-2024, 12:06 PM

Up and until his first Thomas Jonathan procedure

Commercecomet24
04-19-2024, 12:31 PM
Up and until his first Thomas Jonathan procedure

The man is fortunate that he can throw with both!

The Federalist Engineer
04-19-2024, 01:33 PM
Is this his last season at MSU? I know he is draft eligible but it seems he is a year away from figuring out Collegiate Baseball. Today, he is not a collegiate Ace. Would a Bednar-Year make him a 1st rounder or does MLB love him regardless ?

Coach34
04-19-2024, 02:46 PM
Is this his last season at MSU? I know he is draft eligible but it seems he is a year away from figuring out Collegiate Baseball. Today, he is not a collegiate Ace. Would a Bednar-Year make him a 1st rounder or does MLB love him regardless ?

I'm thinking he wont make it out of the 3rd round at the latest and thats a 900K or more payday. I dont see him returning

Todd4State
04-20-2024, 01:06 AM

If he stays another season I could see him making enough of a leap to become a first round pick. I don't know if that's what he wants to do but without knowing his family situation that's probably the best financial move he could make IMO.