PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky baseball

bulldogcountry1
04-18-2024, 01:35 PM
14-1 in the SEC is quite impressive. How are they doing it? Everything I know about UK baseball tells me they shouldn't be competitive with NIL Recruiting up there has never been easy, either.

Nick doing something right, though. What is it?

StarkVegasSteve
04-18-2024, 01:42 PM
Their road series have been against awful teams and their home series have been against slightly less awful teams. Their next 3 series are Tennessee, @USCe, and Arkansas. If they come out of that 4-5 or better then I think it is safe to say they are for real.

basedog
04-18-2024, 02:10 PM
I watched them against Louisville, they swing the bat and don't miss pitches. Also, they didn't swing at many pitches out of the zone.

sandjunky
04-18-2024, 02:22 PM
Their road series have been against awful teams and their home series have been against slightly less awful teams. Their next 3 series are Tennessee, @USCe, and Arkansas. If they come out of that 4-5 or better then I think it is safe to say they are for real.

Not sure we should be throwing stones - they are 14-1 against the SEC while State is a stellar 16-6 in our very tough OOC slate

StarkVegasSteve
04-18-2024, 02:24 PM
Not sure we should be throwing stones - they are 14-1 against the SEC while State is a stellar 16-6 in our very tough OOC slate

Oh I'm not saying we're better. I'm just giving context to their start. Like I said, 4-5 or better in their next 9 and I will say they're for real.

Coach34
04-18-2024, 02:35 PM
He's been there 8 years. Like Butch- he will put a good team together but that program will always lack consistency. He missed the NCAA's 4 straight years before last season

SpaceBully
04-18-2024, 08:40 PM
14-1 in the SEC is quite impressive. How are they doing it? Everything I know about UK baseball tells me they shouldn't be competitive with NIL Recruiting up there has never been easy, either.

Nick doing something right, though. What is it?

Just Nick being Nick. He's a good coach.

Pancho
04-18-2024, 08:56 PM
He's evidently a much better motivator of mid level talent than Lemo. No way they'd have that record if Lemo was in charge there.

Todd4State
04-18-2024, 10:49 PM
Eh. I don't know. I wouldn't boycott the team if he was hired but when he was at MSU I constantly heard about what a joke he was.

I would hire Haire or Pollard over him honestly.

Todd4State
04-18-2024, 10:50 PM

This is a big concern too. Even if they are real this year. He has a history of fading.

bulldogcountry1
04-19-2024, 07:32 AM
Eh. I don't know. I wouldn't boycott the team if he was hired but when he was at MSU I constantly heard about what a joke he was.

I would hire Haire or Pollard over him honestly.

Yeah, I?ve never been a fan of him because I?ve just never liked his style of coaching. I don?t think that would go over at State. He hasn?t shown the consistency, either, but I think it?s important to study anyone who is having success in this college baseball landscape.

Todd4State
04-19-2024, 07:52 AM
Yeah, I?ve never been a fan of him because I?ve just never liked his style of coaching. I don?t think that would go over at State. He hasn?t shown the consistency, either, but I think it?s important to study anyone who is having success in this college baseball landscape.

I agree. If we did hire him at least we would know what we are getting most likely. So I don't think he would be the worst hire ever but also I don't believe he would be the best either.

Pancho
04-19-2024, 08:55 AM
all i know of him is how hard he worked the phones back in the early 2000's looking for under the radar talent. I'm in agreement that we could get a more prominent named HC but I am think we could do worse than him and probably have that currently.

Coach34
04-19-2024, 09:05 AM
I think he is a clown with all his antics- but he has built a good team this year

ScooterDog
04-19-2024, 10:09 AM
Don?t know about him as HC, but I?d like to have his hitting coach. I think Gotro has lost his mojo.