PDA

View Full Version : I guess everyone forgot about baseball

State82
04-16-2024, 06:53 PM
Up 5-0 in the fourth. Kinda figures that nobody cares.

Commercecomet24
04-16-2024, 06:55 PM
Pico looked good. I know it's alcorn but I was looking at stuff and command. His change up was excellent and I've never seen him throw harder. Perhaps he can help us(crossed fingers).

Extendedcab
04-16-2024, 06:55 PM
Kinda lose interest when they don’t meet expectations.

Commercecomet24
04-16-2024, 06:56 PM
Also pulliam looks smooth at second. Just watching his footwork and setup.

Saltydog
04-16-2024, 06:57 PM
Nobody forgot, they just don't care. . . . . .I think most of us who are realistic know the writing is on the wall. . . . .

Offshore Dawg
04-16-2024, 06:57 PM
Alcorn, has only won 2 games this year.

Goldendawg
04-16-2024, 07:00 PM
Alcorn, has only won 2 games this year.

Two games, huh? If the rain holds off and we stomp them, how much does our RPI improve?****

DownwardDawg
04-16-2024, 07:15 PM
Nobody forget, they just don't care. . . . . .I think most of us who are realistic know the writing is on the wall. . . . .

Yep. And I really wanted Lemonis to turn it around. I lost interest after this weekend. Oh I'm sure they'll suck me right back in just to break my heart again. But for now i didn't even check to see what day or who we play this week.

TNDawg35
04-16-2024, 07:17 PM
We have 4 hits in 4 innings… FOUR!!! Technically 3 if you take out the triple the guy fell down on… That is horrible and a fireable offense alone against a team that has 2 wins all year…

Dawgology
04-16-2024, 07:33 PM
The fans quit. Just like the team.

Offshore Dawg
04-16-2024, 07:47 PM
Basically batting practice, except the Alcon pitchers can't get it close enough to hit.

Commercecomet24
04-16-2024, 08:10 PM
Basically batting practice, except the Alcon pitchers can't get it close enough to hit.

lol yeah 82-85 mph nowhere near the plate.

Todd4State
04-16-2024, 08:16 PM

Those are usually the pitchers that shut us down.

Commercecomet24
04-16-2024, 08:19 PM
Those are usually the pitchers that shut us down.

Those are usually the pitchers that shut a lot of teams down because you never see it lol

Todd4State
04-16-2024, 08:20 PM
Also pulliam looks smooth at second. Just watching his footwork and setup.

C- Long
1B- Hines
2B- Mershon
3B- Pulliam
SS- Cupp
LF- Stevens
CF- Hujsack
RF- Dakota
DH- Chance

I'd give it a chance.

Pico might be able to take the third starter job soon. I say let him start against Memphis and The Governor's Cup and then work him back in after the Alabama series. Only because he is coming off of an injury. I want to see if we can stretch him out into at least five innings.

Todd4State
04-16-2024, 08:21 PM
Those are usually the pitchers that shut a lot of teams down because you never see it lol

People don't understand how hard it is to hit a baseball that's out of the strike zone. LOL.

Commercecomet24
04-16-2024, 08:24 PM
People don't understand how hard it is to hit a baseball that's out of the strike zone. LOL.

Especially when it's mega slow! My sons could hit any velo but put someone up there with a slow fastball that couldn't throw strikes and they'd kill themselves trying to hit it lol!

Santiago
04-16-2024, 08:26 PM
At some point, do you just switch to a fungo bat at that lower speed?

Commercecomet24
04-16-2024, 08:28 PM
At some point, do you just switch to a fungo bat at that lower speed?

Or a boat oar! Guys that wanna hit just can't stay on crap like that. You wait and wait and wait lol! The best thing you can do is try to hit every thing oppo against this stuff. Make you wait as long as possible and hit the other way.

Santiago
04-16-2024, 08:29 PM
I have been watching the Campbell game tonight v. NC State.
Tied 7-7 in the 10th.

Commercecomet24
04-16-2024, 08:31 PM
I have been watching the Campbell game tonight v. NC State.
Tied 7-7 in the 10th.

Campbell is an excellent program. Struggle
Some this year but year in and year out very good.

Santiago
04-16-2024, 08:39 PM

They will lose in extra innings most likely. Ran out of their mid-week pitching late in the game it seems.
Fun team to watch. They always bring the fight against the bigger schools.

Commercecomet24
04-16-2024, 09:06 PM
They will lose in extra innings most likely. Ran out of their mid-week pitching late in the game it seems.
Fun team to watch. They always bring the fight against the bigger schools.

Yes they do. No one wants to play them in post season. Play hard too

SPMT
04-16-2024, 10:13 PM
Pico looked good. I know it's alcorn but I was looking at stuff and command. His change up was excellent and I've never seen him throw harder. Perhaps he can help us(crossed fingers).

Wish he could close.

Gut says no because that is a high pressure, high performance spot. Let him get some confidence..

The Federalist Engineer
04-16-2024, 10:25 PM

I'm by myself on an island with this opinion, but I would not touch Campbell when you have the Oregon State Coach suddenly without a revenue conference, they can't even afford a baseball team as a Mountain West team.

I would get everything from Corvallis and bring it to Starkville. Even their bus driver and Stats Kid. Everyone.

Oregon State scouts well, never slips, plays in Omaha, and has more titles than every SEC school not called LSU.

Campbell has switched conferences and now may not sniff regionals more than 2 times per decade

Commercecomet24
04-16-2024, 10:39 PM
I'm by myself on an island with this opinion, but I would not touch Campbell when you have the Oregon State Coach suddenly without a revenue conference, they can't even afford a baseball team as a Mountain West team.

I would get everything from Corvallis and bring it to Starkville. Even their bus driver and Stats Kid. Everyone.

Oregon State scouts well, never slips, plays in Omaha, and has more titles than every SEC school not called LSU.

Campbell has switched conferences and now may not sniff regionals more than 2 times per decade

I wouldn't say you're on an island. Oregon State is obviously several notches above Campbell and I'd definitely be interested in that deal.

Todd4State
04-17-2024, 01:49 AM

Their coach is an Oregon State alum. He may be OK sticking it out there.

Santiago
04-17-2024, 07:23 AM

Will be interesting on what OSU coach does. But great point on trying to make a run for him.
Campbell beat NC State 11-7 in 11 innings.
Did not realize Campbell switched conferences. Currently 24-11 and 6-6 in conference. They will win 30+ this season.

Goldendawg
04-17-2024, 11:27 AM
Read in another thread that our RPI dropped 8 points after this win. At least Alcorn got a much needed pay check.

Todd4State
04-18-2024, 01:19 AM
Read in another thread that our RPI dropped 8 points after this win. At least Alcorn got a much needed pay check.

The thing about RPI is it's not just about who you play. It's also about who you beat who beats who beat you.

Typically I've found when there is a drop like that odds are someone like Austin Peay or Central Arkansas had a bad loss coincidentally when we played Alcorn. Or both.

The Federalist Engineer
04-18-2024, 08:10 AM
Their coach is an Oregon State alum. He may be OK sticking it out there.

Oregon state pays 575 with PAC 12 welfare supplements. Without PAC money, they probably cant maintain that.

MSU can pay twice that.

Most likely OSU goes Indy in baseball and plays California teams like Fullerton, Pepperdine, and San Diego on week-day series.