PDA

View Full Version : No matter how dumb you think Lemon is....

Coach34
04-16-2024, 12:51 PM
the manager for the Colorado Rockies put in his best pitcher to run for someone last night- pitcher then breaks arm in a play at the plate

PMDawg
04-16-2024, 01:10 PM
the manager for the Colorado Rockies put in his best pitcher to run for someone last night- pitcher then breaks arm in a play at the plate

As usual, an interesting story, but your facts are all wrong. Yes, he was the opening day pitcher. Best? Doubtful. 0-3 with an ERA of 13.21. He injured his shoulder, on his non-throwing arm, but is said to be "fine". He did not break his arm.

Hot Rock
04-16-2024, 01:11 PM
Two wrong do not make a right... Pointing out a person that has done a stupid thing means nothing about Lemonis. One has nothing to do with the other.

Personally, I never thought Lemonis was dumb but he has had two and now going on three years of subpar results. He has the rest of this year to keep progressing but I don't see the improvement and it's hard to do without players. Thing is: He built this roster and staff and has done it with more NIL and $$$ than most programs. There is no way a team with this much fan support should be on the bubble of post season three years in a row or more especially out of it.

What we have been seeing should not be acceptable to any of us. Is it firing time? Maybe not, but do not act like everything is all good because it's not.

Todd4State
04-16-2024, 01:12 PM
That sounds like something that would happen to us.

Coach34
04-16-2024, 01:13 PM
As usual, an interesting story, but your facts are all wrong. Yes, he was the opening day pitcher. Best? Doubtful. 0-3 with an ERA of 13.21. He injured his shoulder, on his non-throwing arm, but is said to be "fine". He did not break his arm.

was just going off what was tweeted

Coach34
04-16-2024, 01:14 PM
Two wrong do not make a right... Pointing out a person that has done a stupid thing means nothing about Lemonis. One has nothing to do with the other.

man some of ya'll need to hurry up and get off your periods

Hot Rock
04-16-2024, 01:19 PM
man some of ya'll need to hurry up and get off your periods

Don't point a person doing a stupid thing and think that somehow that has any effect on how anyone feels about Lemonis' tenure. One has nothing to do with the other.

Dawgface
04-16-2024, 01:19 PM

Oh that makes me feel better. Let’s give Lem a raise and extension!

Extendedcab
04-16-2024, 01:20 PM
LOL, I can't stop laughing Coach!! Good one!

bullygrowl
04-16-2024, 01:49 PM

Hahaha, so true, so true

StarkVegasSteve
04-16-2024, 01:56 PM
Damn?.now you have given Lemonis 4 whole days to figure out how to pitch run Khal Stephen on Saturday.

somebodyshotmypaw
04-16-2024, 02:33 PM
Damn?.now you have given Lemonis 4 whole days to figure out how to pitch run Khal Stephen on Saturday.

Well Lemonis did play Stephen in left field and then let him hit in a crucial situation in a one-run game against Georgia. But I guess there were extenuating circumstances with the entire roster ejected.

tcdog70
04-16-2024, 02:40 PM
Playing your hated rival needing to beat them badly. what does he do Takes a freshman who bats lefty with zero hits on the year and DHs him against a ---wait for it---left handed pitcher. he couldn't have made contact with a tennis racket. Dumb no-no stupid is the word.

CaptainObvious
04-16-2024, 02:41 PM
Well Lemonis did play Stephen in left field and then let him hit in a crucial situation in a one-run game against Georgia. But I guess there were extenuating circumstances with the entire roster ejected.

Shirley you didn't think any of the starters who were ejected from thst game were going to NUT UP and do something to win it? Khal Stephen had just as good a chance to do something positive as the stiffs who got State 2 Runs to that point!😳😳😳

CaptainObvious
04-16-2024, 02:43 PM

I'm sure Lemonis has time to TOP the Rockies Manager. Lemonis sings "Anything you can do, I can do Worse!"

Walkerhill
04-16-2024, 03:04 PM

Geez. This was obviously just playful banter. Lighten up.

99jc
04-16-2024, 05:39 PM

I don't think lemon dick is dumb......oh yes, I do!

Commercecomet24
04-16-2024, 05:51 PM
Geez. This was obviously just playful banter. Lighten up.

The mood on here has definitely darkened lately

Extendedcab
04-16-2024, 06:50 PM

I think losing and frustration over expecting a better team and record will do that, unfortunately.

Commercecomet24
04-16-2024, 07:00 PM
I think losing and frustration over expecting a better team and record will do that, unfortunately.

No doubt about it.

BeardoMSU
04-16-2024, 07:39 PM
was just going off what was tweeted

That explains a lot about you, honestly, lol.

Todd4State
04-17-2024, 01:53 AM

Or actually seeing the team and knowing they should be better and watching them lose games by one run. That's the vast majority of our losses this year.

basedog
04-17-2024, 06:44 AM
Or actually seeing the team and knowing they should be better and watching them lose games by one run. That's the vast majority of our losses this year.

Here is the deal, last two years we got beat pretty bad, this year we have had some close losses, bottom line, they are losses and something ain't right. We can blame lots of things, no closer, no depth, lack of hitting and poor decision making. So, in saying this, where do you start to fix the problem, how bout who is in charge. Doesn't matter if it's a business or sports, buck stops at the top. I hope we make a run in the tourney, but I'm not sure how long things go up or down after this year. I just want us to continue to win!

PMDawg
04-17-2024, 08:11 AM
That explains a lot about you, honestly, lol.

tried to +1 you on this one. Couldn't.

PMDawg
04-17-2024, 08:13 AM

No dark mood. C34 just relentless with his schtick and misinformation, and he doesn't get a free pass just because of the sheer volume of it.

trob115
04-17-2024, 08:17 AM
Lemonis proving his genius again yesterday by not canceling the Alcorn game. We dropped 8 spots in RPI by playing yesterday.

Coach34
04-17-2024, 09:03 AM
Lemonis proving his genius again yesterday by not canceling the Alcorn game. We dropped 8 spots in RPI by playing yesterday.

So? We needed the game and the pitchers needed work. SEC wins are what matters and will decide what Regional we end up in

basedog
04-17-2024, 09:14 AM
So? We needed the game and the pitchers needed work. SEC wins are what matters and will decide what Regional we end up in

Can't disagree about pitchers and hitters needing work.

Commercecomet24
04-17-2024, 10:09 AM
No dark mood. C34 just relentless with his schtick and misinformation, and he doesn't get a free pass just because of the sheer volume of it.

I mostly was talking about general overall mood of the board. Which i completely understand

ETA PMDawg I wasn't referring to you, personally, just the general mood of the board.

StarkVegasSteve
04-17-2024, 10:30 AM

I'll agree with C34 on this one. We need to develop depth and find pitchers we can count on. We also need to get Cupp right and getting him in yesterday was big. Working him back in with a low stress situation.

Goldendawg
04-17-2024, 11:20 AM

This.