PDA

View Full Version : We've got a bullpen full of puss**s

KOdawg1
04-13-2024, 11:51 PM
No one who will take charge and close games. 17ing pathetic excuse of a baseball game tonight. Folded like a cheap tent

BeardoMSU
04-13-2024, 11:54 PM
We had multiple ops with runners at 2&3 with 1 out or less and didn't do shit.

StarkVegasSteve
04-13-2024, 11:56 PM
No one who will take charge and close games. 17ing pathetic excuse of a baseball game tonight. Folded like a cheap tent

Same problem we have had for 2 years. This is not a new problem.

TALL DAWG
04-13-2024, 11:59 PM
Game should have ended after 10th if Larry makes the play. He had plenty of time to throw it as it was hit hard.

msstate7
04-14-2024, 12:13 AM
Same problem we have had for 2 years. This is not a new problem.

Then stop defending the problem - lemonis

StarkVegasSteve
04-14-2024, 12:17 AM

I wanted him fired after 2022. If you will remember you called me irrational and an idiot for that. If you are going to attempt to get one over on me, at least be correct.

preachermatt83
04-14-2024, 12:17 AM

Amen

StarkVegasSteve
04-14-2024, 12:21 AM
Amen

You called Nolan Stevens the best player in the country a month ago. Sit the next few conversations out.

Commercecomet24
04-14-2024, 12:25 AM
Well if Larry makes a routine play this isn't even a discussion. Make an out pitch to win the game and we can't make a play.

msstate7
04-14-2024, 12:27 AM
You called Nolan Stevens the best player in the country a month ago. Sit the next few conversations out.

No, he didn't. That wasn't him.

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?100665-Nolan-Stevens-is-the-best-player-in-the-country&highlight=Stevens

msstate7
04-14-2024, 12:28 AM
Well if Larry makes a routine play this isn't even a discussion. Make an out pitch to win the game and we can't make a play.

Always the players... never the coach

Commercecomet24
04-14-2024, 12:35 AM

Dude are you drunk? I'm talking about the pitching not lemonis. This thread is about the bullpen geez

If Larry makes that play the bullpen wins that game

Todd4State
04-14-2024, 12:36 AM

MSU fans think that the coaches can control the player's actions more than they can in reality.

Lemonis made some questionable decisions but at the same time the players did a poor job of executing in several areas.

msstate7
04-14-2024, 12:37 AM
Dude are you drunk? I'm talking about the pitching not lemonis. This thread is about the bullpen geez

I'm a buck-stops-with-the-coach guy. I don't blame players... I blame coaches. If the players blow a game, then the coach shoulda got better players

preachermatt83
04-14-2024, 12:38 AM

Ummm. Wrong guy. Wasn’t me who started that thread. Try again

Commercecomet24
04-14-2024, 12:39 AM
I'm a buck-stops-with-the-coach guy. I don't blame players... I blame coaches. If the players blow a game, then the coach shoulda got better players

Once again the thread title is about the bullpen. I'm addressing the op you're bitching about Lemonis

KOdawg1
We blew 3 save opportunities. (Technically 2 and then the 8th but still)

Yes Larry needs to make the play but he's not a good player so I don't expect different.

But we started every save opportunity with a lead off walk or hit. Just non-competitive from a pitching standpoint. Schuelke, Davis, Ligon, Stephens... none of these dudes have what it takes with the game on the line

preachermatt83
No, he didn't. That wasn't him.

https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?100665-Nolan-Stevens-is-the-best-player-in-the-country&highlight=Stevens
Right. Thanks!

StarkVegasSteve
MSU fans think that the coaches can control the player's actions more than they can in reality.

Lemonis made some questionable decisions but at the same time the players did a poor job of executing in several areas.

We had plenty of chances to step on their throat and did not. The only thing I am irked with Lemonis about in this one was putting Stevens out there. He did the same thing against Florida. He just does not have control in late game situations. It should never have mattered though. Larry should have made the play in the 10th that ends it.

Commercecomet24
04-14-2024, 12:40 AM
We blew 3 saves.

Yes Larry needs to make the play but he's not a good player so I don't expect different.

But we started every save opportunity with a lead off walk or hit. Just non-competitive from a pitching standpoint. Schuelke, Davis, Ligon, Stephens... none of these dudes have what it takes with the game on the line

True but that's a routine play. Game over.

Commercecomet24
We had plenty of chances to step on their throat and did not. The only thing I am irked with Lemonis about in this one was putting Stevens out there. He did the same thing against Florida. He just does not have control in late game situations. It should never have mattered though. Larry should have made the play in the 10th that ends it.

Glad someone else sees it.

StarkVegasSteve
Right. Thanks!

My bad on that one. I will own up to my mistake on it. You were not the one that said that about Stevens. You were in there talking about Forsythe. So my bad on misremembering that one.

KOdawg1
04-14-2024, 12:45 AM
True but that's a routine play. Game over.
If our best two hitters don't choke like a cheap hooker with RISP and less that 2 outs, we score more runs and maybe it doesn't matter. Lots of factors contributed to the loss. I just made a comment about how bad the bullpen was. Never did I say it was the only reason we lost. I choose to place most of the blame on them though.

Commercecomet24
04-14-2024, 12:47 AM
If our best two hitters don't choke like a cheap hooker with RISP and less that 2 outs, we score more runs and maybe it doesn't matter. Lots of factors contributed to the loss. I just made a comment about how bad the bullpen was. Never did I say it was the only reason we lost. I choose to place most of the blame on them though.

There is no doubt we wrote a book tonight on a thousand ways to lose a baseball game

StarkVegasSteve
04-14-2024, 12:52 AM

The area you blamed is correct because it is the most frequent. You are right though. If we step on their throat in the 8th and extend the lead out then it does not matter. They were probably a run or two away from rolling over and dying.

preachermatt83
04-14-2024, 01:26 AM
My bad on that one. I will own up to my mistake on it. You were not the one that said that about Stevens. You were in there talking about Forsythe. So my bad on misremembering that one.

No problem buddy. We all make mistakes.

Todd4State
04-14-2024, 01:30 AM

The biggest issue overall and not just this game to me is it's the same constant theme. Bullpen doesn't get the job done and we try to hit home runs when we just need to put the ball in play and we squander innings.

basedog
04-14-2024, 06:46 AM
We are just inconsistent in several areas. Striking out over 16 times against a very poor Ole Dixie pitching staff was sickening to watch.

As much as I like Johnny Long his homerun trot fired Ole Dixie up last night, I'm not saying it cost us the game, but he has to do better with his emotions.

Lemonis needs to take Larry out of the lead off spot and move everyone up. I have no idea what we need to do with a DH, but it's a black hole. Obviously our freshmen aren't ready for the moment to sow out we them, it is what it is.

Bottom line, we gotta recruit especially to our needs such as relief pitchers. It's easy to be critical when we lose, but today is a huge game for us to keep moving forward. We let a really bad Ole Dixie baseball team get fired up going into the Sunday game. Win today and all is good, lose and here we go again, LOL.

R2Dawg
04-14-2024, 06:58 AM

Agree with this on the macro or long haul but in micro, short term one game - players got to own. Ultimately if we don't win enough over year, years then yeah that is on coach.

R2Dawg
04-14-2024, 07:02 AM
We are just inconsistent in several areas. Striking out over 16 times against a very poor Ole Dixie pitching staff was sickening to watch.

As much as I like Johnny Long his homerun trot fired Ole Dixie up last night, I'm not saying it cost us the game, but he has to do better with his emotions.

Lemonis needs to take Larry out of the lead off spot and move everyone up. I have no idea what we need to do with a DH, but it's a black hole. Obviously our freshmen aren't ready for the moment to sow out we them, it is what it is.

Bottom line, we gotta recruit especially to our needs such as relief pitchers. It's easy to be critical when we lose, but today is a huge game for us to keep moving forward. We let a really bad Ole Dixie baseball team get fired up going into the Sunday game. Win today and all is good, lose and here we go again, LOL.

Agree we lost this game in so many areas. The strike out watching I can't stand with RISP. Hines is a strike out machine now. Agree on DH too. These freshmen are not ready for SEC weekend. Surely we got someone else to put in there for weekend. We are playing than inning with 2 outs. Left pitchers in too long again. Bianco pulled his quick all night, got them the W.

basedog
04-14-2024, 07:19 AM
Agree we lost this game in so many areas. The strike out watching I can't stand with RISP. Hines is a strike out machine now. Agree on DH too. These freshmen are not ready for SEC weekend. Surely we got someone else to put in there for weekend. We are playing than inning with 2 outs. Left pitchers in too long again. Bianco pulled his quick all night, got them the W.

I just thought watching the game last night we just didn't seem to be fired up, motivated or ready to play last night. I guess our problem is inconsistent, its decision making also in baseball, "take him out, leave him in".

Need to win today no doubt. We are no doubt sitting on the edge.

Todd4State
04-14-2024, 08:23 AM

He hit a home run. I'm fine with his emotions.

Todd4State
04-14-2024, 08:24 AM
I just thought watching the game last night we just didn't seem to be fired up, motivated or ready to play last night. I guess our problem is inconsistent, its decision making also in baseball, "take him out, leave him in".

Need to win today no doubt. We are no doubt sitting on the edge.

And now you say we weren't fired up enough.

Our fans can't decide what they want.

Offshore Dawg
04-14-2024, 08:37 AM
This has been an excellent thread on repeat bitching of year long points.

maroonmania
04-14-2024, 08:42 AM

If Larry makes that play the bullpen wins that game

That's the whole problem for this team. They absolutely can't do anything when needed to win in a clutch time. Every team sort of has its personality and this one's is clear. It folds when the game is tight. We are now 1-5 in one run conference games and I believe we have lost around 9 games overall by one run. Every aspect of the team finds ways to lose when there is an opportunity to win. Just the nature of this team. Will be nice to make post season but we aren't going anywhere with a team that chokes at every opportunity in competitive games.

Offshore Dawg
04-14-2024, 08:50 AM
My observation as a non coach was that none of the Dawg pitchers were sharp, all seemed to struggle.

tcdog70
04-14-2024, 09:21 AM

Putting a freshman lefty at DH against a lefty is so stupid. Lemonis can’t get out of his own way.

StarkVegasSteve
04-14-2024, 09:28 AM
This has been an excellent thread on repeat bitching of year long points.

Year long?? We are going on almost 3 years with the same problem. We are still trying to replace Landon Sims.

Saltydog
04-14-2024, 09:31 AM
Don't kid yourself. It's not just in the bullpen, we've got the same problem in dugout.

StarkVegasSteve
04-14-2024, 09:39 AM
Don't kid yourself. It's not just in the bullpen, we've got the same problem in dugout.

I think we just have front runners in the dugout. Except Long, he may just have anger management issues.

dawgday166
04-14-2024, 10:16 AM
Schuelke was pitching good until the ump decided the strike zone was only mid thigh high and right down the center of the plate. He threw about 10 or 12 pitches that were strikes and called balls. It was a lot of pitches.

dawgday166
04-14-2024, 10:18 AM

He is overboard with his emotions. Last week was BS and last night was too much. It's not like he had hit a walk off HR. Last week if I were coaching I would have let him know real quick what he did after the play at the plate was BS and it better not happen again or he would sit ... even if the ump hadn't thrown him out.

I've seen many a catcher where the runner barreled him over trying to knock the ball out of his hand that didn't react like that. I've done that myself.

ETA: And the play last week the runner was diving head first and trying to go around the tag, not intentionally trying to run over Long.

dawgday166
04-14-2024, 10:25 AM

LOL.
Even tho you wrong about the Preacher (in this particular case) ... you right about some on here. One game someone is the best in the country and gonna be a superstar, the next game he's dogshit, has no talent, and the coach can't recruit.

ETA: That applies to all our sports teams' players/coaches.

BuckyIsAB****
04-14-2024, 10:35 AM
It?s obvious guys. You dont win when you make that many errors and strikeout that many times against a shit pitcher.

We do not have a killer bullpen arm. We do not have a 3rd baseman again. We are improved but not as good as we should be. These things are on Lemon

Todd4State
04-14-2024, 10:38 AM
He is overboard with his emotions. Last week was BS and last night was too much. It's not like he had hit a walk off HR. Last week if I were coaching I would have let him know real quick what he did after the play at the plate was BS and it better not happen again or he would sit ... even if the ump hadn't thrown him out.
I've seen many a catcher where the runner barreled him over trying to knock the ball out of his hand that didn't react like that. I've done that myself.

The other team doesn't want him reacting- don't serve up a bomb.

msstate7
04-14-2024, 10:48 AM

Or get thrown out at home, I guess

dawgday166
04-14-2024, 10:53 AM

I'm pretty sure I noticed no one from our bench was out there to congratulate him. That made me wonder why??
I also thought last night something is eating at him inside, that ain't baseball related. If what has been posted on this board is only half true, then I'm probably right about that.

Could be a lot of things and I'm not saying he's a bad kid but he may have some issues he's dealing with outside of baseball.

NCDawg
04-14-2024, 11:27 AM

I'm not fine with his emotions. You don't carry the bat almost to first base and then toss it over your head not knowing where it lands, and then stomp on home plate and beat your chest towards the Ole Miss dugout. I don't blame Bianco for getting fired up and demanding Long be tossed out. Lemonis needs to tell Long he has to control himself or he's not going to play.

Todd4State
04-14-2024, 11:45 AM

ETA: And the play last week the runner was diving head first and trying to go around the tag, not intentionally trying to run over Long.

The only thing overboard was Bianco acting like a bitch about it. Apparently the umpire agreed with me too. Because believe me if they had a chance to nail Long they would have.

That and the fact we lost makes it "worse" for the Pearl clutchers. Because had we won this is a nothing burger.

And how many times has Ole Miss had a hitter bat flip and act emotional? A lot. Bianco and Ole Miss just hate it when MSU does something good to them and shows emotion because they can't handle defeat because they're a bunch of entitled spoiled assholes who want all of the attention. Period.

Todd4State
04-14-2024, 11:46 AM
I'm not fine with his emotions. You don't carry the bat almost to first base and then toss it over your head not knowing where it lands, and then stomp on home plate and beat your chest towards the Ole Miss dugout. I don't blame Bianco for getting fired up and demanding Long be tossed out. Lemonis needs to tell Long he has to control himself or he's not going to play.

So what's the difference between Long and MacNamee? We won the game with MacNamee that's it.

Again- you don't want our players celebrating then get them out.

Tripp McNeely
04-14-2024, 11:47 AM
The only thing overboard was Bianco acting like a bitch about it. Apparently the umpire agreed with me too. Because believe me if they had a chance to nail Long they would have.

That and the fact we lost makes it "worse" for the Pearl clutchers. Because had we won this is a nothing burger.

And how many times has Ole Miss had a hitter bat flip and act emotional? A lot. Bianco and Ole Miss just hate it when MSU does something good to them and shows emotion because they can't handle defeat because they're a bunch of entitled spoiled assholes who want all of the attention. Period.

This ^^^^^ Especially that last sentence!

ScooterDog
04-14-2024, 11:48 AM
Players, coaches, or umpire changing strike zone. I think all 3 played a big part in this loss. But, if I have to choose only one, I blame the pitching coach for not replacing Schuelke a lot sooner. Henderson would probably have pulled him after the first walk. Maybe Sundays game will be better.

Todd4State
04-14-2024, 11:52 AM
I'm pretty sure I noticed no one from our bench was out there to congratulate him. That made me wonder why??
I also thought last night something is eating at him inside, that ain't baseball related. If what has been posted on this board is only half true, then I'm probably right about that.

Could be a lot of things and I'm not saying he's a bad kid but he may have some issues he's dealing with outside of baseball.

WTF? Yeah. Everyone on the team has a problem with the guy. That's why they were out full force on Twitter supporting him after he got suspended for Georgia.

The only reason the announcers said anything was because of Georgia which is because the SEC botched it.

Guy hits a home run to put us up in extra innings and because Ole Miss's coach got his panties in a wad and our coach can't pull a pitcher for walking the house and pitcher shit his diaper we want to analyze our catchers outside personal life? Really?

Commercecomet24
04-14-2024, 12:01 PM
WTF? Yeah. Everyone on the team has a problem with the guy. That's why they were out full force on Twitter supporting him after he got suspended for Georgia.

The only reason the announcers said anything was because of Georgia which is because the SEC botched it.

Guy hits a home run to put us up in extra innings and because Ole Miss's coach got his panties in a wad and our coach can't pull a pitcher for walking the house and pitcher shit his diaper we want to analyze our catchers outside personal life? Really?

The players love Long. As Lemonis said last week they were yelling free Johnny all day last Sunday. See the reaction in the bullpen after he hit the home run last night? They went crazy and they did their usual jump celebration at the dugout after the hr. Heck last year people were complaining because we didn't have players like Long! Can't have it both ways! Did anyone notice om starting pitchers gyrations after he struck out a hitter. Good grief what Long did happens at every level of baseball every single day. If om don't like do what they used to do in the old days. Just drill a hitter and move on with it. My goodness all I heard the last 2 years was we have no dirtbags or scrappy players that play with emotion.

NCDawg
04-14-2024, 12:05 PM
So what's the difference between Long and MacNamee? We won the game with MacNamee that's it.

Again- you don't want our players celebrating then get them out.

IMO, there is a significant difference between celebrating and being a horse's a..

msstate7
04-14-2024, 12:21 PM
IMO, there is a significant difference between celebrating and being a horse's a..

And you can't forget his antics last Saturday. You would think he would be more in control

Activated Alpha
04-14-2024, 12:35 PM
I just love how a bunch of people were excited about fridays game and how we practically saved our bullpen while also forgetting our bullpen is like hot runny shite from a Ward?s double bacon cheeseburger

Commercecomet24
04-14-2024, 12:36 PM
I just love how a bunch of people were excited about fridays game and how we practically saved our bullpen while also forgetting our bullpen is like hot runny shite from a Ward?s double bacon cheeseburger

There's a pleasant mental picture lol!

Bdawg
04-14-2024, 01:03 PM

Thank you. I?ll never try Wards now

But I?ll take up for Schuelke a bit. He got screwed multiple times by the ump. And a much as we thought Ligon was going to walk the yard, he made the winning pitch till our 2B crapped his pants(choked).

mparkerfd20
04-14-2024, 03:52 PM
I'm not reading all of these post so if someone has already said it I don't care.... Correction to the title... We have a TEAM full of pussies.

The Federalist Engineer
04-15-2024, 04:24 PM

I think Stevens is a terrific player. A top-50 recruit in the nation should be doing much better.

I bet UGA would give MSU any player not named Condom as a straight trade. UF the same with only Caglione exempted.

Stevens might be better at middle relief or starting, closing is different. Also, better to let him play OF and play full games. Steven probably never had to sit for 2.5 Hours to get three outs in the 8th or 9th in his life.

This season is not over, BTW. The team is 7-8 with at least 4 close loses and at least 3 by shit execution. I thought this team would be 4-11 at this point, they are better than I thought.