12-08-2013, 09:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXiwJYsgqag&feature=youtu.be

Bigohh
12-08-2013, 09:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXiwJYsgqag&feature=youtu.be

Surprised, I thought the captains would have done that

blacklistedbully
12-08-2013, 10:08 PM
Yep, it's actually working suddenly. Strange. My apologies for the earlier rant.

smootness
12-08-2013, 10:12 PM
Good Lord, can't we even get the video right?? We need new blood in that department. Notice the video goes out of focus and stays that way. We are a friggn' D1 SEC program. Whoever let that crap fly needs to be replaced. Half-ass job.

I think that's your computer. Looked fine on mine.

blacklistedbully
12-08-2013, 11:34 PM
I think that's your computer. Looked fine on mine.

Weird. Was the only video that has done that for me. Ran it 5 times and it got blurry every time a few seconds in, then on the 6th try, it stayed clear the whole way.

ShotgunDawg
12-09-2013, 12:18 AM
Surprised, I thought the captains would have done that

At this point, I don't think there is any doubt who the captain of our football team is. Regardless, if that person actually has the title. Somethings are just earned

drunkernhelldawg
12-09-2013, 01:06 AM
At this point, I don't think there is any doubt who the captain of our football team is. Regardless, if that person actually has the title. Somethings are just earned

That's bullshit. TR has earned more respect than what you're advocating. Piss off.

ScoobaDawg
12-09-2013, 01:09 AM
That's bullshit. TR has earned more respect than what you're advocating. Piss off.

Seriously? I think you are drunk.
Tyler deserves respect but Dak is now the face of the bulldawgs and the leader. After what he has gone through and how he has performed off the bench...

cheewgumm
12-09-2013, 01:15 AM
This is a precursor to things to come. Stricklin must have heard that guy say Heisenberg dark horse .

cheewgumm
12-09-2013, 01:15 AM
Haha heisman, though I like Heisenberg.

Coach34
12-09-2013, 01:29 AM

What??? Tyler is a good Bulldog- but there is zero doubt who the leader of our team is- and that is Prescott

preachermatt83
12-09-2013, 02:16 AM
Seriously? I think you are drunk.
Tyler deserves respect but Dak is now the face of the bulldawgs and the leader. After what he has gone through and how he has performed off the bench...

this^^

DownwardDawg
12-09-2013, 07:14 AM
This is Dak's team and there is no doubt about it.

notsofarawaydawg
12-09-2013, 10:58 AM
I would imagine that Tyler, being the type person he is, asked that Dak do the video. Y'all bring so much drama into a simple idea. No wonder the fanbase is so fragmented.

blacklistedbully
12-09-2013, 11:08 AM

^Bad form^

No need to get personally insulting to someone who didn't do it to you first. Besides. he makes a damn good point. You look silly for acting so indignant about it.

drunkernhelldawg
12-09-2013, 12:54 PM
^Bad form^

No need to get personally insulting to someone who didn't do it to you first. Besides. he makes a damn good point. You look silly for acting so indignant about it.

He implies in the post I responded to that Tyler has not earned the title of Captain. I think that's bullshit. I do think Dak is a great quarterback, but to throw Tyler under the bus just to make yourself look more right for saying Dak is a better fit for us is bullshit. Tyler is a great quarterback and far ahead of Dak in knowledge of the position and decision making. Dak is a great leader for our team and has the potential to become one of our best ever. But you don't have to denigrate one to compliment the other. Both should be honored by us because we are damn lucky to have and to have had them both. So maybe I'm in bad form, but I think it's important that we not trash our record-setting senior who stuck with us through difficult times and who has a chance to be the first NFL starting quarterback to come out of Starkville. I don't want to see the intros on MNF and hear TR say "Meridian High School" instead of "Mississippi State" because some idiot fans insulted him at the end of his MSU career.

Todd4State
12-09-2013, 01:05 PM
Well, Tyler probably isn't going to play in the Liberty Bowl due to his injury, so having him make the announcement really wouldn't make much sense.

Coach34
12-09-2013, 01:12 PM
So maybe I'm in bad form, but I think it's important that we not trash our record-setting senior who stuck with us through difficult times and who has a chance to be the first NFL starting quarterback to come out of Starkville. I don't want to see the intros on MNF and hear TR say "Meridian High School" instead of "Mississippi State" because some idiot fans insulted him at the end of his MSU career.

If Tyler even gets a snap in a preseason game- I'll be surprised

drunkernhelldawg
12-09-2013, 01:24 PM
If Tyler even gets a snap in a preseason game- I'll be surprised

Why do you say that? What do you think he's lacking? Coach Mullen said that he expects him to be among the top five qb's taken in the draft. I don't know anything except what I hear and read, but he looks like an NFL quarterback and he handles with elite skill. That's my opinion; I'd love to have your answer to my questions, which can be answered without denigrating his contribution to Mississippi State.

smootness
12-09-2013, 01:28 PM
Why do you say that? What do you think he's lacking? Coach Mullen said that he expects him to be among the top five qb's taken in the draft. I don't know anything except what I hear and read, but he looks like an NFL quarterback and he handles with elite skill. That's my opinion; I'd love to have your answer to my questions, which can be answered without denigrating his contribution to Mississippi State.

I love Tyler Russell and what he's meant to the program, and I hate when some of our fans insult him.

That said, he won't be one of the top 5 QBs taken in the draft, not even close. And I'm not even going to say he can't eventually become that, I don't want to talk about how he stacks up on the next level. I'm just saying that is in no way going to happen.

SignalToNoise
12-09-2013, 01:31 PM
How did he throw Tyler under the bus or "denigrate" him?

All he said was "there was no doubt who the captain of the football team was."

Coach34
12-09-2013, 01:38 PM

He is slow in his running and decision-making. He doesnt throw the ball to where people will be open- he waits until they break to throw the ball. He wont make it at the next level. He has ZERO chance to be drafted

Mock draft QB rankings:

He doesnt even make the top 28 QB's from SB Nation- http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/11/21/5129808/2014-nfl-draft-quarterback-rankings
CBS is much kinder- they rate him as the 23rd best QB coming out this year- http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/QB

No more than 10-11 QB's will be drafted

drunkernhelldawg
12-09-2013, 01:45 PM
I love Tyler Russell and what he's meant to the program, and I hate when some of our fans insult him.

That said, he won't be one of the top 5 QBs taken in the draft, not even close. And I'm not even going to say he can't eventually become that, I don't want to talk about how he stacks up on the next level. I'm just saying that is in no way going to happen.

You're right; I looked it up. I do think I heard Coach Mullen say that, and I do think TR has a shot at the next level. As far as NFL QB goes, there are always more prospects than success stories, so it is a pretty safe bet that he or most others will have no success or limited success. But we'll see. I watch a lot of NFL, and he looks and plays a lot like an NFL QB to my eyes.

ETA: He's generally ranked between 20-30 by the experts.

THE Bruce Dickinson
12-09-2013, 06:36 PM

Top Five QB's taken? You cant be serious. I agree with 34. He is never going to play in the NFL, nonetheless be an NFL starter.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/QB

ShotgunDawg
12-09-2013, 06:59 PM
He implies in the post I responded to that Tyler has not earned the title of Captain. I think that's bullshit. I do think Dak is a great quarterback, but to throw Tyler under the bus just to make yourself look more right for saying Dak is a better fit for us is bullshit. Tyler is a great quarterback and far ahead of Dak in knowledge of the position and decision making. Dak is a great leader for our team and has the potential to become one of our best ever. But you don't have to denigrate one to compliment the other. Both should be honored by us because we are damn lucky to have and to have had them both. So maybe I'm in bad form, but I think it's important that we not trash our record-setting senior who stuck with us through difficult times and who has a chance to be the first NFL starting quarterback to come out of Starkville. I don't want to see the intros on MNF and hear TR say "Meridian High School" instead of "Mississippi State" because some idiot fans insulted him at the end of his MSU career.

I have gone back and read my post at least 5 times in an effort to see what the hell you are talking about. At what point in my post did I imply or mention anything about Tyler Russell?

I'm confused

drunkernhelldawg
12-09-2013, 07:21 PM
I have gone back and read my post at least 5 times in an effort to see what the hell you are talking about. At what point in my post did I imply or mention anything about Tyler Russell?

I'm confused

Well, it must be me. I read, "regardless of who has the title, some things are just earned" as meaning that TR has not "earned" the title even though he had it for the egg bowl. You've convinced me that you did not mean that, so I am sorry I misinterpeted your post.

drunkernhelldawg
12-09-2013, 07:45 PM
He is slow in his running and decision-making. He doesnt throw the ball to where people will be open- he waits until they break to throw the ball. He wont make it at the next level. He has ZERO chance to be drafted

Mock draft QB rankings:

He doesnt even make the top 28 QB's from SB Nation- http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/2013/11/21/5129808/2014-nfl-draft-quarterback-rankings
CBS is much kinder- they rate him as the 23rd best QB coming out this year- http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2014/QB

No more than 10-11 QB's will be drafted

You are right about the mock drafts; the highest I saw was 20, although I do believe I heard Mullen say that in an interview after the Egg Bowl. You're right that he will not be drafted, but you are wrong to say he has zero chance to make it. He has more of the needed attributes than just about anybody else we've ever had on our team.
I strongly disagree with your first paragraph. It's interesting that you'd attack his decision making, the excellence of which is the biggest advantage of TR over Dak. That's Machivellian (attack the strength). But you are right that Dak has the potential for greatness in our program, so I'm with you in looking forward to "two more years" of Dak's leadership. The other players will have to continue to step it up for him as we move forward.

Coach34
12-09-2013, 08:49 PM
You are right about the mock drafts; the highest I saw was 20, although I do believe I heard Mullen say that in an interview after the Egg Bowl. You're right that he will not be drafted, but you are wrong to say he has zero chance to make it. He has more of the needed attributes than just about anybody else we've ever had on our team.
I strongly disagree with your first paragraph. It's interesting that you'd attack his decision making, the excellence of which is the biggest advantage of TR over Dak. That's Machivellian (attack the strength). But you are right that Dak has the potential for greatness in our program, so I'm with you in looking forward to "two more years" of Dak's leadership. The other players will have to continue to step it up for him as we move forward.

I just dont see decision-making being a strength for Russell. When we started playing good football teams last year- the INT's started piling up and the TD's dropped. He and Dakota both are tied at throwing a pick every 34 passes this season. So I'm not really seeing where you think his decision-making is superior to Prescott's. Tyler's propensity to hold the ball a long time factors into his bad decision-making to me- not just who will force a ball where.

Coach34
12-09-2013, 08:54 PM
I will add that Tyler has better touch than Dakota right now as well as accuracy up to 20-25 yards. Tyler is very accurate to 20-25 yards. But it takes alot more than that to play in the NFL.