PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Hurley (if we lose Jans)

cheewgumm
04-10-2024, 10:12 PM
Look, I am a Jans fan. But if we lose him, could we pull Bobby Hurley ?

I think we could.

Not sure if he ia someone we would want. I?m a fan and would want him, for sure.

Thoughts?

Quaoarsking
04-11-2024, 12:02 AM
79-88 in conference games over 9 seasons at Arizona State. 3 NCAA appearances, but never made it past the round of 64. 5 of his 9 seasons ended in overall losing records.

I mean, I don't really think I would be too worried if another SEC school hired him...

somebodyshotmypaw
04-11-2024, 06:50 AM
There is no doubt that Bobby Hurley would be the best point guard to ever be a Bulldog. But I haven’t seen anything from his head coaching ability that says he is elite or would make a difference.

Santiago
04-11-2024, 08:13 AM
Might be a hard sell to Bobby to leave Tempe AZ, for small town south.

Johnson85
04-11-2024, 08:56 AM
Might be a hard sell to Bobby to leave Tempe AZ, for small town south.

Not that I'm arguing we should hire him but surely at this point his clock is ticking in Arizona and he might want to reset his clock at another school at the same level?

He finished 2nd and T3rd in his 4th and 5th season, and then has gone 9th, 8th, T5th, and T-9th. He's had a losing record 3 of his last 4 years (although he managed to go .500 in conference one of those years with a losing record; not sure if that was a brutal OOC schedule, or maybe somebody came back from injury for conference?).

I know ASU is the little brother in basketball, but surely lots of their fans are tired of him after 9 years with the last four being pretty rough, whether it's smart to be or not?

PGHBulldogBG
04-11-2024, 11:17 AM
If we lose Jans I would want Bucky McMillan. He is an up and comer kind of like Todd Golden. I think he would do a good job here. Hurley has been underwhelming at ASU and I would not be happy about that hire at all

viverlibre
04-11-2024, 03:31 PM
Will Wade

Cooterpoot
04-11-2024, 05:12 PM
Where Jans going? The answer is nowhere

Santiago
04-11-2024, 06:05 PM
Not that I'm arguing we should hire him but surely at this point his clock is ticking in Arizona and he might want to reset his clock at another school at the same level?

He finished 2nd and T3rd in his 4th and 5th season, and then has gone 9th, 8th, T5th, and T-9th. He's had a losing record 3 of his last 4 years (although he managed to go .500 in conference one of those years with a losing record; not sure if that was a brutal OOC schedule, or maybe somebody came back from injury for conference?).

I know ASU is the little brother in basketball, but surely lots of their fans are tired of him after 9 years with the last four being pretty rough, whether it's smart to be or not?

good points. ASU is tougher without tradition compared to AZ.
But you may have inadvertently just gave the reasons why not to hire him ***