PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Starter

preachermatt83
04-07-2024, 09:35 PM
Who will we go to? Back to siary?

BeardoMSU
04-07-2024, 10:02 PM
TBA and all available hands on deck is my guess...

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-07-2024, 10:13 PM
What happened to Ligon? Is he still hurt from Miami? Had good numbers there but sucked in a few outings here. Maybe we could force Holcombe into some 24/7 sports psychology program to get him right mentally lol. Hell, have Loo warm up his left side and try to get through an inning or 2 on Sundays that way

Parker is earning his money for sure

Todd4State
04-07-2024, 11:40 PM
To me it's pretty clear. Go with Nolan Stevens on Sunday.

I think we need to make Ligon assuming Loftin is out the established midweek guy or maybe Siary.

Siary just gives up way too many home runs.

preachermatt83
04-07-2024, 11:52 PM

I think we need to make Ligon assuming Loftin is out the established midweek guy or maybe Siary.

I don’t disagree with this

HoopsDawg
04-08-2024, 06:27 AM
I think the obvious answer is Tyler Davis.

maroonmania
04-08-2024, 11:20 AM
I think Siary is a serviceable Sunday starter. He is not a shutdown guy by any means but he competes and pounds the strike zone. Outside of that one early outing Stephens just doesn't look ready.

Commercecomet24
04-08-2024, 11:31 AM
What happened to Ligon? Is he still hurt from Miami? Had good numbers there but sucked in a few outings here. Maybe we could force Holcombe into some 24/7 sports psychology program to get him right mentally lol. Hell, have Loo warm up his left side and try to get through an inning or 2 on Sundays that way

Parker is earning his money for sure

Ligon started at florida last sunday and has had several really good outings over the last few weeks. He's gonna help us if he continues his improvement.

Commercecomet24
04-08-2024, 11:32 AM

I think Siary is pretty good for one time through the order. He just doesn't have enough stuff to do more than that. The home run numbers tell the story on that.

HoopsDawg
04-08-2024, 12:00 PM
I think Siary is pretty good for one time through the order. He just doesn't have enough stuff to do more than that. The home run numbers tell the story on that.

agree. He's either an opener or a mid-reliever. still an important role.

ZedFedder
04-08-2024, 12:05 PM
I think Stevens is the route you go for sure.

Commercecomet24
04-08-2024, 12:09 PM
agree. He's either an opener or a mid-reliever. still an important role.

Right and he's got good enough stuff for a couple innings. Very important roles.

confucius say
04-08-2024, 12:40 PM
Dohm
Holcombe
Loftin

We thought in the fall all 3 would really help us.
Getting nothing in league play from any of the 3 and still being 6-6 is actually impressive.

Commercecomet24
04-08-2024, 12:50 PM
Dohm
Holcombe
Loftin

We thought in the fall all 3 would really help us.
Getting nothing in league play from any of the 3 and still being 6-6 is actually impressive.

I agree. Dohm and Loftin injuries can't do much about, just bad luck. Holcombe however is all mental. I talked to a cross checker for the Phillies at one of his juco games. He told me they had him as their highest rated prospect on pure arm talent and stuff, but were very concerned about his mechanics and mental makeup. Told me he would've been their first pick that year if not for those very real concerns.

Homedawg
04-08-2024, 01:10 PM

Yes. Facts here.