PDA

View Full Version : I want Lemonis fired.

preachermatt83
04-06-2024, 10:29 PM
I?ve been his biggest supporter. I think his coaching has been suspect but have been Giving him the pass because he?s a nice guy and won a natty. After tonight, refusing to go to bat for his kids. Who were screwed? I?m done. I want him gone. Now. FIRE LEMONIS!!!

WinningIsRelentless
04-06-2024, 10:38 PM
You appeal the ruling and protest the game. What else is he suppose to do? Fight the umpires, get real man. You are an idiot.

preachermatt83
04-06-2024, 10:40 PM
You appeal the ruling and protest the game. What else is he suppose to do? Fight the umpires, get real man. You are an idiot.

He’s sitting in the dugout while his players are in the clubhouse. He refuses to fight for his kids. Hide behind a screen and call me an idiot. Everyone on here knows me and how to find me. Call me an idiot to my face like a man. Pm me and I’ll send you a number an an address. Coward.

Bdawg
04-06-2024, 10:48 PM
You are overreacting. He’s clearly pissed in postgame interview

Harrydawg
04-06-2024, 10:48 PM
This is a BS take. You are full of $hit

Cowbell
04-06-2024, 10:49 PM
He’s sitting in the dugout while his players are in the clubhouse. He refuses to fight for his kids. Hide behind a screen and call me an idiot. Everyone on here knows me and how to find me. Call me an idiot to my face like a man. Pm me and I’ll send you a number an an address. Coward.

Normally I agree. But he was backed in a corner here. He needed to be available to coach and figure out how we were going to fill out a lineup card

Leeshouldveflanked
04-06-2024, 10:49 PM
How would have Polk or Cohen reacted?

RockyDog
04-06-2024, 10:50 PM

Don’t you have to practice your sermon about the sky wizard for tomorrow?

Cowbell
04-06-2024, 10:50 PM
And you need to settle down and get to bed anyway. Church ain't gonna open itself tomorrow lol

preachermatt83
04-06-2024, 10:54 PM

Exactly!!!!

preachermatt83
04-06-2024, 10:55 PM
Don’t you have to practice your sermon about the sky wizard for tomorrow?

Man, as ignorant as you are , I hate to hear you say this. And no, I’m already studied up. Hope you come to Jesus before it’s too late

preachermatt83
04-06-2024, 10:55 PM
And you need to settle down and get to bed anyway. Church ain't gonna open itself tomorrow lol

Open? I don’t open the church lol. Bless your heart.

WinningIsRelentless
04-06-2024, 11:05 PM

Send it man.

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-06-2024, 11:13 PM

And the award for "most Christlike pastor" goes too....

msstate7
04-06-2024, 11:13 PM
Don't worry... intentionally or not, long just signed lemonis' dismissal papers

HoopsDawg
04-06-2024, 11:15 PM

Cohen would be in jail for assault

HogsandDogs
04-06-2024, 11:15 PM
Unsolicited advice, but it is heartfelt advice. Change your username if it truly represents your occupation. Ranting on a sports message board is not a good witness.

HogsandDogs
04-06-2024, 11:17 PM

You’re drunk. Go to bed.

msstate7
Unsolicited advice, but it is heartfelt advice. Change your username if it truly represents your occupation. Ranting on a sports message board is not a good witness.

Probably not, but Jesus' own disciples disowned him when Judas betrayed Him. Being a Christian means youre a sinner saved by grace, but a sinner nevertheless. Only One was perfect

preachermatt83
Cohen would be in jail for assault

Lol. You are not wrong

preachermatt83
04-06-2024, 11:18 PM
Probably not, but Jesus' own disciples disowned him when Judas betrayed him. Being a Christian means your a sinner saved by grace, but a sinner nevertheless

Jesus threw ober some tables and whipped some Pharisees when he got mad. The sensitive crowd will get over it.

preachermatt83
04-06-2024, 11:18 PM
You’re drunk. Go to bed.

Nah. I’m good. Lemo makes me want to drink tho lol

preachermatt83
04-06-2024, 11:19 PM

I think you are right

preachermatt83
04-06-2024, 11:20 PM
And the award for "most Christlike pastor" goes too....

Thanks. I agree. I’m pretty sure Jesus would have stood up for his players. He went to the cross for his.

HogsandDogs
04-06-2024, 11:21 PM
Jesus threw ober some tables and whipped some Pharisees when he got mad. The sensitive crowd will get over it.

Cool. Send the old boy your address then big man. He asked you for it. Good luck, preach. Hope you have the ass to back up that big mouth.

HogsandDogs
04-06-2024, 11:24 PM
Send it man.

lol. You are up preach.

preachermatt83
04-06-2024, 11:24 PM
lol. You are up preach.

Sent to you as well

preachermatt83
04-06-2024, 11:25 PM
lol. You are up preach.

Easy to say someone is an idiot behind a keyboard. Not nearly as easy to do it to a man’s face.

HogsandDogs
04-06-2024, 11:27 PM
Easy to say someone is an idiot behind a keyboard. Not nearly as easy to do it to a man’s face.

Did I call you an idiot? I suspect you are drunk, now even more so.

HogsandDogs
04-06-2024, 11:27 PM
Sent to you as well

lol. No you didn’t.

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-06-2024, 11:35 PM

Jesus did that... because the Temple was being turned into a capitalistic money making venture. He did not make a whip because some guy one a message board disagreed with him about whether or not a coach should be fired. You know, it's almost like context matters

I'm not even Christian and I'm still offended on their behalf that a pastor would butcher the Bible like that

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-06-2024, 11:41 PM
A drunk pastor unironically telling people to fistfight him over a college baseball coach roughly 7 hours before he has to be getting dressed to deliver a sermon, all the while having the audacity to cite one of Jesus' actions as a comparison to justify it.

Sign of the times

HogsandDogs
04-06-2024, 11:46 PM
A drunk pastor unironically telling people to fistfight him over a college baseball coach roughly 7 hours before he has to be getting dressed to deliver a sermon, all the while having the audacity to cite one of Jesus' actions as a comparison to justify it.

Sign of the times

It’s sad really. I truly hope he does not send threatening instant messages or send his address to anyone. He’s in my prayers.

preachermatt83
04-06-2024, 11:53 PM
Jesus did that... because the Temple was being turned into a capitalistic money making venture. He did not make a whip because some guy one a message board disagreed with him about whether or not a coach should be fired. You know, it's almost like context matters

I'm not even Christian and I'm still offended on their behalf that a pastor would butcher the Bible like that

Well that explains it

preachermatt83
04-07-2024, 12:06 AM
I have to say… I’ve been absolutely hammering Lemo. And rightfully so to a point. BUT, his post game interview helped me see things perhaps a little differently. I just wanted to see him stick up for his players.

Todd4State
04-07-2024, 12:52 AM

I highly doubt Lemonis will be fired because of this.

Todd4State
04-07-2024, 12:56 AM
Probably not, but Jesus' own disciples disowned him when Judas betrayed Him. Being a Christian means youre a sinner saved by grace, but a sinner nevertheless. Only One was perfect

Is being denied the same as being disowned? I'm not so sure.

The disciples were scared and if I remember correctly it was Peter that denied knowing him. I think the others went into hiding. But even in denying him, Peter still believed that Jesus was the Son of God and I'm sure he would have still followed his teachings even after his death and resurrection.

Reunion Dog
04-07-2024, 03:46 AM
Send it to me too.

msstate7
04-07-2024, 06:45 AM
I highly doubt Lemonis will be fired because of this.

Not bc of this... the results of this. This series loss will really sting for our postseason hopes.

Bdawg
04-07-2024, 07:24 AM
Did I call you an idiot? I suspect you are drunk, now even more so.

May be Episcopal!!! I kid I kid!!

Dawgface
04-07-2024, 08:00 AM
He?s sitting in the dugout while his players are in the clubhouse. He refuses to fight for his kids. Hide behind a screen and call me an idiot. Everyone on here knows me and how to find me. Call me an idiot to my face like a man. Pm me and I?ll send you a number an an address. Coward.

Are you really a preacher?

BeardoMSU
04-07-2024, 09:57 AM
https://twitter.com/BoardGeniuses/status/1776981345186545686

Tripp McNeely
04-07-2024, 10:01 AM

Well...that's embarrassing

preachermatt83
04-07-2024, 10:03 AM

Awesome!! I need to go retweet it. Bet I’ll pick up a couple thousand followers!! Bring it on! Let’s throw hands. Hahaha!

MaroonFlounder
04-07-2024, 10:05 AM
Lol. You are not wrong

No disrespect, but a pastor challenging people on a msg board and calling people names on social media is a bad look for someone in your position

ScoobaDawg
04-07-2024, 10:39 AM
Wow. What an embarrassing thread.
. Matt you should head pack to the shadows. I really hope you didn't send out your address to anyone.

R2Dawg
04-07-2024, 11:26 AM

Preacher if you are defending your actions based on this you need to do some soul searching. Common man. Even a pagan can see this ain't cuttin the mustard.

We all do wrong things but you can't stick to that.

Pancho
04-07-2024, 11:27 AM
woner how the sermon went today?

R2Dawg
04-07-2024, 11:31 AM
woner how the sermon went today?

The passage in Genesis talking about the offspring of Ishmael will be a wild donkey of a man might have come off well.

BeardoMSU
04-07-2024, 11:41 AM
I really hope you didn't send out your address to anyone.

He sent me his address years ago, so I signed him up for a furries newsletter.**

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/af-composite-furries.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=750&h=500&crop=1

RiverCityDawg
04-07-2024, 11:53 AM
Awesome!! I need to go retweet it. Bet I’ll pick up a couple thousand followers!! Bring it on! Let’s throw hands. Hahaha!

My brother in Christ, this isn't the way. As a shepard, you should be embarrassed about this, not proud and making light of it. You've hurt your witness and should seriously consider taking a message board break.

ScooterDog
04-08-2024, 01:20 PM
BACK TO LEMONIS: He replaced his pitching coach, and things got better. I think he should replace Gotro ASAP. And I would expect hitting would get better. If he don?t replace Gotro, then I would want LEMONIS replaced IMO. What are your thoughts?

3dawgnight15
04-08-2024, 01:28 PM
Seriously, this thread is likely a small but accurate sample size telling you that it is truly a bad look. I?d reconsider where I went to church if my pastor acted this way.

Todd4State
04-08-2024, 01:39 PM
BACK TO LEMONIS: He replaced his pitching coach, and things got better. I think he should replace Gotro ASAP. And I would expect hitting would get better. If he don?t replace Gotro, then I would want LEMONIS replaced IMO. What are your thoughts?

It's Lemonis's call but the truth is our hitting compared to everyone else hasn't been bad. We actually hit SEC pitching better.

I get frustrated with our approach at times and I think we could be better but at the same time the reality is it's not so bad that a change is warranted at this time. I just wish Gautreau was more hands on and would be more active with making adjustments. So if he left I wouldn't be that upset but I'm also fine if he stays.

Commercecomet24
04-08-2024, 01:42 PM
It's Lemonis's call but the truth is our hitting compared to everyone else hasn't been bad. We actually hit SEC pitching better.

I get frustrated with our approach at times and I think we could be better but at the same time the reality is it's not so bad that a change is warranted at this time. I just wish Gautreau was more hands on and would be more active with making adjustments. So if he left I wouldn't be that upset but I'm also fine if he stays.

This is where i'm at as well. Just watch a weekend of college baseball besides State and you'll see we are in much better shape than so many others. But as you said if he left, I'm sure we would find a suitable replacement.

BrunswickDawg
04-08-2024, 01:44 PM

I'm kinda in the middle on Goat. Our offense seems to be up and down during his tenure - rarely that great, but rarely terrible.
Our average finish in the SEC since he got here in 2017 -
Avg - 6th
SLG - 6.5
OBP - 7th
Runs - 6.5

That's very average. We did have arguably the best offense in the SEC in 2019 (at worst 2nd best), but overall he is meh. I also have no idea who we would replace him with, so i feel like being pretty much a lock for an offense that is going to be at worst middle of the pack takes out question marks. One thing I do like about his approach is that we do not strike out a lot. We were the worst in strikeouts in '17, and since 2019 we have finished either 12th or 13th (14th has the lowest total). So we put the ball in play.

Coursesuper
04-08-2024, 01:45 PM
Wow. What an embarrassing thread.
. Matt you should head pack to the shadows. I really hope you didn't send out your address to anyone.

I would love to play some of these guys for cash on golf course, we are a fragile bunch for sure.

Commercecomet24
04-08-2024, 01:49 PM
I would love to play some of these guys for cash on golf course, we are a fragile bunch for sure.

LOL, I wish i could give you more rep on this! That's awesome!

ScooterDog
04-08-2024, 02:52 PM
Thanks for your input Todd, Brunswick, and Commerce. I appreciate that. You guys usually have some good comments.

Turfdawg67
04-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Are you really a preacher?

I've questioned this for a long time. He literally used the term "tea bagging" in a thread recently. SMH

BeardoMSU
04-08-2024, 05:01 PM

Easy. ****ing. Money.

the_real_MSU_is_us
04-08-2024, 06:38 PM

Hmmm, statistically each of the last 2 seasons we've been below average (8th to 11th IIRC) in SEC only SLG% and OBP. This season we're right at average BUT we've faced slightly below SEC average pitching staffs too so it's too early to tell.

But we supposedly keep getting good classes and have decent NIL. You follow that more than me so I'll ask you- do we have the 9th (give or take) best talent in the SEC? If our talent is better than that then Jake G is under performing.

I don't think he's the WORST hitting coach but I think he's probably below average by SEC standards

The Federalist Engineer
04-08-2024, 10:41 PM
I?ve been his biggest supporter. I think his coaching has been suspect but have been Giving him the pass because he?s a nice guy and won a natty. After tonight, refusing to go to bat for his kids. Who were screwed? I?m done. I want him gone. Now. FIRE LEMONIS!!!

You need a break from posting for a while, bro. Just watch the games and chill out. 6-6 with no Ace and competitively playing the best teams in the nation, not that bad.

I wish South Carolina fired Dawn Staley cause of the fake brawl in the SECT. Then we would hire her the following second.

Lemons actually got all his players back the following game and won a ball game.

Todd4State
04-08-2024, 11:20 PM
Hmmm, statistically each of the last 2 seasons we've been below average (8th to 11th IIRC) in SEC only SLG% and OBP. This season we're right at average BUT we've faced slightly below SEC average pitching staffs too so it's too early to tell.

But we supposedly keep getting good classes and have decent NIL. You follow that more than me so I'll ask you- do we have the 9th (give or take) best talent in the SEC? If our talent is better than that then Jake G is under performing.

I don't think he's the WORST hitting coach but I think he's probably below average by SEC standards

I think the way he approaches things makes our hitting stats a bit worse than they should be but at the same time his methods play up in the postseason typically when it matters most. If you look at and go off of stats you have to say he is underperforming but then you look at how we perform in games that matter more and we perform more than OK and probably up to our talent level.

He has more of a pro approach to things when we would probably be much better if we had a Campbell University approach to hitting where power is still a huge component but so is getting on base any way possible. If we had that approach we would probably have a lot fewer head scratching midweek losses.

One thing people forget about Gautreau- he was brought in by Cann to be more of an assistant hitting coach with Cann being the primary guy. As much as anything he was brought in for talent evaluation. His connection to Cann was a big reason why he was retained after everything hit the fan. Because we obviously couldn't keep Cann.

SpaceBully
04-10-2024, 02:46 AM

Better hope he tanks the rest of the season then. Cause if we make a regional......he's staying. I can't blame him for 2022.....we lost a third of our top pitchers to TJ. Hard to recover from not having the top hurler in the SEC/Nation available. I will blame him for 2023 though....should have had time to get the pitching staff together from either transfers or through the portal. He didn't do it and then had to fire Foxy in the middle of the season. The Parker hire was a good one though. Maybe it will make the difference for this season and in keeping his job. I think it may now have finally sunk in that the MSU job is top level and requires top level decision making.

dawgday166
04-10-2024, 02:53 AM
You need a break from posting for a while, bro. Just watch the games and chill out. 6-6 with no Ace and competitively playing the best teams in the nation, not that bad.

I wish South Carolina fired Dawn Staley cause of the fake brawl in the SECT. Then we would hire her the following second.

Lemons actually got all his players back the following game and won a ball game.

I'd disown MSU if that happened. Can't stand Staley.

Coursesuper
04-10-2024, 06:32 AM
I'd disown MSU if that happened. Can't stand Staley.

I feel the brain drain is a real thing for our fine state.

Pancho
04-10-2024, 07:00 AM
Lemo is still on the clock as nothing has changed. Let the season play out and see if he stays but if he does stay will he locate a closer and replace jordan and hines .

basedog
04-10-2024, 07:24 AM
I think Lemonis is safe for now. no doubt we have improved, we should and I think we will be in the Ncaa tourney. Too early to tell if we host or not, if we do I think our chances of winning it are much better than playing on the road. We can't afford a let down against a bad Ole Dixie team, the Florida series is looking bad now, they are over-rated, they got "road killed" last night. With Ole Dixie, Auburn, Lsu and Florida having issues it helps us in the long run. Bama also seems to be a hit and miss season as well. The teams that are playing better than us right now, Ark, Aggies, Vandy and Ky, should be interesting the rest of season. We are playing hard and not giving up which I like.