Arkansas beats Ole Miss
Kentucky beats Bama
State beats Georgia
Auburn beats Tennessee
A&M beats South Carolina
Vandy up 7-6 over LSU late

Bdawg
04-05-2024, 10:04 PM
FL series still stinging me. Should have come home with at least 2.

BeardoMSU
04-05-2024, 10:07 PM

Word

preachermatt83
04-06-2024, 02:37 AM
I think it’s time we finally admit Kentucky is legit

R2Dawg
04-06-2024, 08:09 AM

Same here, we had a sweep in our grasp and gave it away. Sickening. Imagine how different things look outside of a few pitches or hits?

basedog
04-06-2024, 08:17 AM
I think it’s time we finally admit Kentucky is legit

Obviously, he can recruit. Some on ED have bashed him but he has done a very good job!

Great victory by our team last night, just finish the series with a win or two more! Pitching was awesome, very impressed to say the least with what Parker has done. Decision making by Lemonis never ends but at least we are winning!

State82
04-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Decision making by Lemonis never ends but at least we are winning!

I could only check on the game periodically. What did he do last night?

basedog
04-06-2024, 10:24 AM

Lineup. But it worked out. So maybe I shouldn't question it.

msstate7
04-06-2024, 10:32 AM

I hated starting McKenzie at DH vs a lhp. I would have no problem had it been a rhp, but that was putting a freshman in a position to fail, not succeed

maroonmania
04-06-2024, 10:59 AM
Mizzou beats Florida in extra innings
Arkansas beats Ole Miss
Kentucky beats Bama
State beats Georgia
Auburn beats Tennessee
A&M beats South Carolina
Vandy up 7-6 over LSU late

No way do I believe Florida is a Top 10 team. We are better than them. We just had some players choke in the moment with walks and errors. Cags is a great player but outside of that they aren't anything special.

State82
04-06-2024, 12:35 PM
I hated starting McKenzie at DH vs a lhp. I would have no problem had it been a rhp, but that was putting a freshman in a position to fail, not succeed

Gotcha.

basedog
04-06-2024, 01:09 PM
No way do I believe Florida is a Top 10 team. We are better than them. We just had some players choke in the moment with walks and errors. Cags is a great player but outside of that they aren't anything special.

I've been saying this all year. I also think we are a better team; we just didn't prove it.

Commercecomet24
04-06-2024, 01:12 PM

The pitcher they started had reverse splits and lefty's hit him better than rightys. Stuff we as fans have no clue about the staff knows from scouting

msstate7
04-06-2024, 01:16 PM
The pitcher they started had reverse splits and lefty's hit him better than rightys. Stuff we as fans have no clue about the staff knows from scouting

He was totally overmatched both ABs... soft grounder to SS and a 3-pitch K that looked like me facing Pedro Martinez

Commercecomet24
04-06-2024, 01:27 PM
He was totally overmatched both ABs... soft grounder to SS and a 3-pitch K that looked like me facing Pedro Martinez

Yeah but the staff was still playing the percentages that's why scouts. Now maybe he could've used a different lefty for dh but they did what you're supposed to do based on advanced scouting. You of all people should know that. You're the analytics/stats guru. Hindsight is always 20/20

msstate7
04-06-2024, 01:47 PM
Yeah but the staff was still playing the percentages that's why scouts. Now maybe he could've used a different lefty for dh but they did what you're supposed to do based on advanced scouting. You of all people should know that. You're the analytics/stats guru. Hindsight is always 20/20

In the scheme of things, this is a small gripe. I thought we pulled Stephen at the exact right time. I just didn't like the move, and if McKenzie really does hit lhp better, then we he shoulda got pulled vs the rhp. Again, just a small gripe... that 2nd AB was awful, and it just ticked me off

preachermatt83
04-06-2024, 01:49 PM
Maybe so, but it didn’t play out that way. McKenzie didn’t have a single competitive ab

Homedawg
04-06-2024, 02:04 PM

The guys best pitch was his change up. So it was a better matchup for us to start a lh hitter than downs I liked the decision

Homedawg
04-06-2024, 02:04 PM

This

preachermatt83
04-06-2024, 02:07 PM
The guys best pitch was his change up. So it was a better matchup for us to start a lh hitter than downs I liked the decision

0-3

msstate7
04-06-2024, 02:12 PM

Was that 3 changes or curves in a row the 2nd AB? I understand playing the percentages, but man, he looked rough

ETA... I was on 3b line and couldn't tell; they were all 73-4 mph

Commercecomet24
04-06-2024, 02:18 PM
In the scheme of things, this is a small gripe. I thought we pulled Stephen at the exact right time. I just didn't like the move, and if McKenzie really does hit lhp better, then we he shoulda got pulled vs the rhp. Again, just a small gripe... that 2nd AB was awful, and it just ticked me off

I gotcha. Also when I said analytics/stat guru I meant that as a compliment because you know that stuff well. I liked the move as well because it put some new blood in the lineup after the way we performed Tuesday on offense

Commercecomet24
04-06-2024, 02:22 PM
Maybe so, but it didn’t play out that way. McKenzie didn’t have a single competitive ab

Yeah I didn't when out but we played the matchups and the way we looked on offense Tuesday's until the 9th, I don't mind him trying something different.