PDA

View Full Version : Well, well, well.........Freshwater done it again......Joe Judge to the Rebels......

Saltydog
04-03-2024, 04:29 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/report-lane-kiffin-hiring-former-nfl-head-coach-to-staff/ar-BB1l23f6?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=LCTS&cvid=1a4e46f5d9fc4a4aa47659989be3ca2e&ei=9

schddog72
04-03-2024, 04:37 PM
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/report-lane-kiffin-hiring-former-nfl-head-coach-to-staff/ar-BB1l23f6?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=LCTS&cvid=1a4e46f5d9fc4a4aa47659989be3ca2e&ei=9

Joey just can't help himself . . . . . .

Johnson85
04-03-2024, 04:45 PM

Good for Judge and potentially good for us. Hopefully Judge will be a part of the offense and game planning and scheming and not focused on the executive functions or special teams. I would assume it's going to be hard to get another shot at a head coaching job without showing he can be a coordinator and be effective while being responsible for one side of the ball.

Leeshouldveflanked
04-03-2024, 06:13 PM
I think Kiffin is doing this just to troll. Mullen may be next on the list as an analyst

RockyDog
04-03-2024, 07:41 PM
Gonna be the most expensive 7-5 to 8-4 team in college football history

BeardoMSU
04-03-2024, 08:00 PM
I think Kiffin is doing this just to troll. Mullen may be next on the list as an analyst

Dan is way too proud, and for this, it's justified. **** that. He's making plenty of money on tv.

BeardoMSU
04-03-2024, 08:04 PM

As much as that would make me happy, nah...they're loaded, with a good offensive coach (with fire in his belly and something to prove), too. The real questions about their team are injuries, how the QB improves, and how all those transfers jell. It's tough, but doable.

I hope like hell it all collapses, but I bet they have a pretty good season.

lastmajordog
04-03-2024, 08:36 PM
JMHO...om is going all in for this coming year.....looks like they are ****S to the Wall to make 2024 “The Year’.....

viverlibre
04-03-2024, 08:58 PM
As much as that would make me happy, nah...they're loaded, with a good offensive coach (with fire in his belly and something to prove), too. The real questions about their team are injuries, how the QB improves, and how all those transfers jell. It's tough, but doable.

They'll be preseason ranked between 5 and 10 (probably closer to 5). Favorable schedule.

CaptainObvious
04-03-2024, 09:36 PM
They are going to win a bunch of games. Probably 11 counting the Bowl Game. Maybe even the SEC Championship. They are Loaded!!!!!

Cowbell
04-03-2024, 11:02 PM

The weird aggies will always hold this title

Bothrops
04-04-2024, 02:24 AM
The key to their sustainable success is Kiffin getting a transfer qb next year that can hit the ground running. If he can do that, their program will be elevated to new heights. His efforts can also collapse if that doesn't materialize. You know how those media rankings are hit and miss.

Todd4State
04-04-2024, 03:21 AM
The key to their sustainable success is Kiffin getting a transfer qb next year that can hit the ground running. If he can do that, their program will be elevated to new heights. His efforts can also collapse if that doesn't materialize. You know how those media rankings are hit and miss.

That's assuming he doesn't leave. There's a better than average chance he ends up in Florida this time next year.

viverlibre
04-04-2024, 06:32 AM
That's assuming he doesn't leave. There's a better than average chance he ends up in Florida this time next year.

I don't know man, he's got OM rollin' plus their fanbase is much more "all in" than ours.

Todd4State
04-04-2024, 08:05 AM
I don't know man, he's got OM rollin' plus their fanbase is much more "all in" than ours.

Which is why he was complaining about the different between Ole Miss and Georgia last year.

viverlibre
04-04-2024, 08:34 AM
Which is why he was complaining about the different between Ole Miss and Georgia last year.

lighting a fire under his fanbase, learned that from Saban.

Coursesuper
04-04-2024, 09:56 AM

Is the amount money they are spending on that program sustainable? I get why they are spending like a entitled little girl but damn son.

Homedawg
04-04-2024, 10:31 AM

They have a better chance of going 11-1 than they do 7-5.

viverlibre
04-04-2024, 10:44 AM
Is the amount money they are spending on that program sustainable? I get why they are spending like a entitled little girl but damn son.

Like most folks nowadays, they ain't worried about tomorrow.

Todd4State
04-04-2024, 11:17 AM
Like most folks nowadays, they ain't worried about tomorrow.

Their fanbase is the epitome of Americans that buy cars and houses they can't really afford.

Pancho
04-04-2024, 11:19 AM
gotta impress someone else to feel positive about themselves. it'll never change

Jarius
04-04-2024, 12:30 PM

If it pays off with a playoff run it will be sustainable. If they crash and burn it won't be. Winning drives donations.

RocketDawg
04-04-2024, 12:43 PM

And they're probably gonna have a lot easier time with Alabama now that Saban's gone (assuming they even play this year - haven't looked at their schedule).

MedDawg
04-04-2024, 01:03 PM
They don't. Bama may be just as good this year. DeBoer took a 4-8 Washington team to 11-2 his first year, then the national finals his second.

Bama had some players leave but they also signed some good ones and still have one of the top 3 rosters in cfb. Time will tell if DeBoer can recruit anywhere close to Saban levels, but Bama will still be good or even better the next year or two.

OM is top 12 good but not anywhere close to Bama or Georgia levels.

Commercecomet24
04-04-2024, 01:12 PM
They don't. Bama may be just as good this year. DeBoer took a 4-8 Washington team to 11-2 his first year, then the national finals his second.

Bama had some players leave but they also signed some good ones and still have one of the top 3 rosters in cfb. Time will tell if DeBoer can recruit anywhere close to Saban levels, but Bama will still be good or even better the next year or two.

OM is top 12 good but not anywhere close to Bama or Georgia levels.

This. Also kiffin will find away to lose 2-3 games every year. He can't help himself with some of his arrogant in game decisions. He's a very good coach but his pompous arrogant side takes over at times

Johnson85
04-04-2024, 03:45 PM
This. Also kiffin will find away to lose 2-3 games every year. He can't help himself with some of his arrogant in game decisions. He's a very good coach but his pompous arrogant side takes over at times

One of Freeze's two wins against Bama were due to Kiffin. The other was just being close enough in talent that several fluke turnovers and plays that went against Bama were enough to swing the game.

R2Dawg
04-04-2024, 08:35 PM

Yep this is exactly what is going on. The Leby hire hurt them cause they know its a good hire and be flashed in the press everytime we beat them. They needed something to counter. What shallow losers.

Turfdawg67
04-05-2024, 12:08 PM

Well, if you say it every year, eventually, you'll probably be correct.