PDA

View Full Version : Vs UGA

preachermatt83
04-02-2024, 03:19 PM
It?s still early but this still feels like a must win series at home. We lose this series and we are in trouble

Ranchdawg
04-02-2024, 03:28 PM
If Lemon don?t grab Gotro by the throat and get him to coach hitting I?m very afraid of this weekend. We look awful at the the plate.

Commercecomet24
04-02-2024, 03:29 PM
Have to get at least 2 this weekend.. It's not must win, YET, but it's dang close.

CaptainObvious
04-02-2024, 04:05 PM
SEC series are becoming MUST wins because Lemonis can't coach well enough to beat the crappy non-conference teams. Damn I hope the Citadel calls that clown home after this season.

R2Dawg
04-02-2024, 04:54 PM
We must win 2 of 3. The HR hitter for UGA will win one game by himself most likely; happens in every series. We can't let one guy beat us. Just walk him most of time.

BuckyIsAB****
04-02-2024, 05:10 PM
We must win 2 of 3. The HR hitter for UGA will win one game by himself most likely; happens in every series. We can't let one guy beat us. Just walk him most of time.

Well if we are who we say we are we would have a closer not to forget a 3B. And I would have walked Caglione in the 9th but im not paid millions to not make Hoover either

MaroonFlounder
04-02-2024, 07:16 PM
Don't let Slate knock the ball allover the yard.

That would be the most MSU thing ever.

Commercecomet24
04-02-2024, 07:32 PM
Well if we are who we say we are we would have a closer not to forget a 3B. And I would have walked Caglione in the 9th but im not paid millions to not make Hoover either

You can't walk Caglione there. You put the tying run in scoring position then and the winning run on base with no outs and the cleanup hitter coming up who's almost as good a hitter with no outs. No you bring in a lefty to face caglione and the go to a righty next.

basedog
04-02-2024, 07:44 PM
You can't walk Caglione there. You put the tying run in scoring position then and the winning run on base with no outs and the cleanup hitter coming up who's almost as good a hitter with no outs. No you bring in a lefty to face caglione and the go to a righty next.

Exactly

Coach34
04-02-2024, 09:27 PM

This all day.

Quaoarsking
04-02-2024, 09:30 PM
Prediction: We win 2 of out 3, with a boneheaded Lemonis decision costing us the sweep.

StarkVegasSteve
04-02-2024, 10:02 PM

Yea you are not walking Caglione there. Hindsight is always 20/20 but there is no way you move the tying run into scoring position and put the winning run on 1st. It sucks that it happened but Siary just caught far too much of the plate with a belt high fastball. Up until that point he was pitching lights out.

Coach34
04-02-2024, 10:20 PM
Yea you are not walking Caglione there. Hindsight is always 20/20 but there is no way you move the tying run into scoring position and put the winning run on 1st. It sucks that it happened but Siary just caught far too much of the plate with a belt high fastball. Up until that point he was pitching lights out.

And thats where it comes down to the tough decisions. Siary had been really good but when he hit the guy on the 1st pitch? U have to go to Davis at that point. Go L on L. After Davis you get the Righty in. These are moves/decisions I have questioned Lemon on since he became coach. I've never liked his actual coaching. But- when a guy wins a Natty- he gets some leeway

Leeshouldveflanked
04-03-2024, 06:57 AM

The biggest mistake was trotting Siary out there in the 9th and leaving him in after hitting the first batter.

basedog
04-03-2024, 07:10 AM
And thats where it comes down to the tough decisions. Siary had been really good but when he hit the guy on the 1st pitch? U have to go to Davis at that point. Go L on L. After Davis you get the Righty in. These are moves/decisions I have questioned Lemon on since he became coach. I've never liked his actual coaching. But- when a guy wins a Natty- he gets some leeway

Plus no closer and 3rd base, no planning or looking ahead. His decision making is really bad. I think with all the pitcher injuries he never thought about a back up plan.

ZedFedder
04-03-2024, 07:15 AM
A sweep negates this UCA loss. 2/3 is good but I really think you need a sweep.

parabrave
04-03-2024, 07:20 AM
Plus no closer and 3rd base, no planning or looking ahead. His decision making is really bad. I think with all the pitcher injuries he never thought about a back up plan.

Well we have a guy who can play 3rd, but he can't hit the dam ball. Neither can his replacement/

Santiago
04-03-2024, 11:09 AM

This.
Lemonis was convinced this off season, and told others, he had the key parts needed on the team.

Coursesuper
04-03-2024, 12:08 PM

Exactly

ScooterDog
04-03-2024, 01:26 PM
GA is 23-6 and 4-5 Sec, just like us. They are 3-5 on road games. We have home field advantage, but I think this will be a close series. I?m hoping for the best, but I certainly don?t expect it. If we win 2, I will be very happy.