Commercecomet24
04-01-2024, 09:52 PM
That's baseball!

Coach34
04-01-2024, 09:54 PM
Southern beats LSU 12-7

Todd4State
04-01-2024, 09:54 PM
There has to be something to all of these rough seasons after a NC. I've seen similar things happen to MLB teams after they win the World Series too sometimes.

Coach34
04-01-2024, 09:58 PM
Sooooooo Jay Johnson is a shitty coach. No excuses. Needs to be fired right?

Who LSU needs to hire now? They arent going to win a Natty

parabrave
04-01-2024, 10:45 PM
There has to be something to all of these rough seasons after a NC. I've seen similar things happen to MLB teams after they win the World Series too sometimes.

It's called the Robert Johnson effect!***

Todd4State
04-02-2024, 12:24 AM
It's called the Robert Johnson effect!***

Maybe so! I want to do some research on this at the end of the year.

I have a feeling it's different for each team to be honest.

We may be the most puzzling of the three because I think our pitching coach mysteriously bottomed out. I don't think ours was talent related really. And I don't totally buy the we were reading our press clippings theory. Although maybe Foxhall did and the rest of the staff suffered and that affected the rest of the team. Although at the same time there was some evidence of potential pitching fallout before but I think Landon Sims and Will Bednar were just too good to screw up and they covered up a LOT. When they were injured or left then the damn broke. We severely underdeveloped Cade Smith, Parker Stinnett, Jackson Fristoe, KC Hunt, Eric Cerentola, and etc. It's worth noting that Auburn's team ERA is 10th in the SEC right now and 12th in SEC games at over 7.

Ole Miss was a case of basically being "that's baseball" Fresno State. They were the last team in and simply got hot and Dave Van Horn made some mind numbing WTF? decisions earning him the nickname the Mike Martin of the SEC. They lost a good bit of their team and had some injuries to their ace and then the bottom fell out on them.

LSU having watched them a good bit even last year I felt like they had two generational players in Dylan Crews and Paul Skenes basically doing the heavy lifting with Tommy White as a supporting guy who could pop a home run at any time. The rest of the team in and of itself was good but didn't really stand out to me that much- and I felt like the bullpen was a weakness even last year. Then Thatcher Hurd got hot for them at the right time otherwise they probably don't quite win it. In other words they sold their soul to get a generational pitcher and were unable to replace him with another generational pitcher because there wasn't one in the portal.

parabrave
04-02-2024, 01:16 AM

We may be the most puzzling of the three because I think our pitching coach mysteriously bottomed out. I don't think ours was talent related really. And I don't totally buy the we were reading our press clippings theory. Although maybe Foxhall did and the rest of the staff suffered and that affected the rest of the team. Although at the same time there was some evidence of potential pitching fallout before but I think Landon Sims and Will Bednar were just too good to screw up and they covered up a LOT. When they were injured or left then the damn broke. We severely underdeveloped Cade Smith, Parker Stinnett, Jackson Fristoe, KC Hunt, Eric Cerentola, and etc. It's worth noting that Auburn's team ERA is 10th in the SEC right now and 12th in SEC games at over 7.

Ole Miss was a case of basically being "that's baseball" Fresno State. They were the last team in and simply got hot and Dave Van Horn made some mind numbing WTF? decisions earning him the nickname the Mike Martin of the SEC. They lost a good bit of their team and had some injuries to their ace and then the bottom fell out on them.

LSU having watched them a good bit even last year I felt like they had two generational players in Dylan Crews and Paul Skenes basically doing the heavy lifting with Tommy White as a supporting guy who could pop a home run at any time. The rest of the team in and of itself was good but didn't really stand out to me that much- and I felt like the bullpen was a weakness even last year. Then Thatcher Hurd got hot for them at the right time otherwise they probably don't quite win it. In other words they sold their soul to get a generational pitcher and were unable to replace him with another generational pitcher because there wasn't one in the portal.

And we had a few super Type A studs on that team.

Leeshouldveflanked
04-02-2024, 06:25 AM
Bednar and Sims made Lemonis a lot of money. Also as far as Ole Miss is concerned, if Lemonis doesnt pitch Forsythe in Governors cup game and blowing a big lead Ole Miss doesnt make NCAA Tournament and win NC.

somebodyshotmypaw
04-02-2024, 06:41 AM
LSU is 18-3 in nonconference play. Their losses outside the SEC are not the problem.

Jarius
04-02-2024, 08:34 AM

LSU will 100 % fire him if he has 2 years like we had the past 2 years post natty.

Saltydog
04-02-2024, 08:38 AM
You wanna bet they won't finish last or next to last in the SEC two years in a row?

State82
04-02-2024, 08:53 AM
You wanna bet they won't finish last or next to last in the SEC two years in a row?

There is somewhere around a 99.9% chance that does not happen.

DownwardDawg
04-02-2024, 09:36 AM
So the only serious we've won is against a bad LSU team. This actually makes me feel worse. I had started thinking we were good.
We did seem to be better than Florida though. So there's that.

AlSwearengen
04-02-2024, 09:55 AM

when he was at arizona, his pattern was omaha-miss the tourney-omaha-miss the tourney-omaha. Maybe not exactly, but something close.

Randolph Dupree
04-02-2024, 10:13 AM

I think our situation was a combined effect of Foxhall just giving up/checking out or whatever you want to call it AND we basically missed out on the first year of the transfer portal. We were still playing in Omaha while other teams were pillaging all the overlooked talent out there. They got better and we didn't. All of that spilled into last season too.

Commercecomet24
04-02-2024, 10:45 AM
So the only serious we've won is against a bad LSU team. This actually makes me feel worse. I had started thinking we were good.

Lsu is not a bad team, they are super talented as always, they're just still trying to figure out the pieces this year. The lost some big weapons last year. College baseball is always a work in progress.

ETA Also the sec is as competitive and as talented and deep as i've ever seen it.

Saltydog
04-02-2024, 02:04 PM
Wonder if anybody on the LSU boards is posting that State got beat by Central Arkansas today? You know, to make them feel better.

Commercecomet24
04-02-2024, 02:17 PM
Wonder if anybody on the LSU boards is posting that State got beat by Central Arkansas today? You know, to make them feel better.

Always a possibility but extremely doubtful, lol.

CaptainObvious
04-02-2024, 03:42 PM

So now going 1-2 against a team in an SEC series means you are better than them? Is that some of that new fangled rithmathtic?

DownwardDawg
04-02-2024, 04:33 PM
So now going 1-2 against a team in an SEC series means you are better than them? Is that some of that new fangled rithmathtic?

Nah. I watched the games. We blew two games. We were actually a good bit better than them. Definitely should have been a series win. But I understand you just want to hate. It's ok. The world needs haters too.

Turfdawg67
04-02-2024, 04:35 PM

Lol. Losing to Central Ark... now that would be sad and pathetic if true. Wait... what?!?***

But seriously, I'm sure they have douchey fans that like to troll their own fanbase too, but I doubt they spend 2 minutes comparing themselves to us.

R2Dawg
04-02-2024, 04:46 PM
Nah. I watched the games. We blew two games. We were actually a good bit better than them. Definitely should have been a series win. But I understand you just want to hate. It's ok. The world needs haters too.

We did blow two games already won, should have swept UF. We lost it more than they won it. It happens sometimes. We should have swept LSU and could have easily won TAMU series. We are a closer away from a bunch more wins but we have mismanaged pitching a lot this year too.

Goldendawg
04-02-2024, 07:21 PM

These comparisons are reminding me of too many bad years in football when not so bad about our losses as long as OM lost that day also. "Let's Win Something Today!", Bob Tyler, I think.

CaptainObvious
04-02-2024, 11:49 PM

I watched all 3 of them. Because that is what I do. I watch every State Game that I possibly can because I am a State Fan. But I think you may be conflating our blowing this games with the better team actually doing what it takes to win them.

Like today for example. Central Arkansas Was the better Team in the field today. When it was time to cut nuts, they got it done.

Dawgface
04-03-2024, 07:03 AM

Good chance their version of c34 did.