PDA

View Full Version : Rational post from an irrational poster

KOdawg1
04-01-2024, 09:38 AM
The baseball team is gonna be fine.

We're 2 innings away from being 6-3. We have a 63-44 run differential in SEC play. Our pitchers compete and we generally get good starts, even without Nate Dohm. Our hitters are putting the ball in play and grinding out ABs. Our defense is solid.

As someone who had doubts about this team and has been vocal about the direction I thought we were headed, I admit that this team is good. Not great. We won't win the SEC and might not host. But we should be a solid 2 seed somewhere. Which is a step in the right direction.

Goldendawg
04-01-2024, 09:41 AM
Time will tell. Need a closer so badly. Looking at GA's stats, they will be no pushover. Have a guy hitting .505 with 19 HR's. Unreal.

Homedawg
04-01-2024, 09:43 AM
Time will tell. Need a closer so badly. Looking at GA's stats, they will be no pushover. Have a guy hitting .505 with 19 HR's. Unreal.

UGA will be better but did you look at their pitching stats??? Not pretty. We are going to have to score, bc they do swing it.

Goldendawg
04-01-2024, 09:50 AM
UGA will be better but did you look at their pitching stats??? Not pretty. We are going to have to score, bc they do swing it.

Good point. Just looked at offensive stats & fielding on SEC Baseball last night. We are near the bottom in HR's, but may be better without the solo fest we had last year. Hail State! Sweep GA!

Commercecomet24
04-01-2024, 09:52 AM

Yeah they can swing it pretty good. Their pitching is another story, lol.

MaroonFlounder
04-01-2024, 09:57 AM
Don't pitch to UGA's Charlie Condom, unless you absolutely have to.

Don't let Slate Alford punk us, like he will be wanting to do.

Pitchers stop the Walks and HBPs

StarkVegasSteve
04-01-2024, 11:17 AM
Don't pitch to UGA's Charlie Condom, unless you absolutely have to.

Don't let Slate Alford punk us, like he will be wanting to do.

Pitchers stop the Walks and HBPs

I would give Condon the Bonds treatment the entire weekend. Pitch to him one time a game but intentionally walk him the other times. And if the bases are loaded, walk him. Giving up one run is better than 4.