03-28-2024, 02:15 PM
Guess Dohm isn't ready. Where us Siary? He was doing a good job on Fridays/

DownwardDawg
03-28-2024, 02:20 PM
Uh oh. We need Loo on Sunday.

DownwardDawg
03-28-2024, 02:21 PM
Guess Dohm isn't ready. Where us Siary? He was doing a good job on Fridays/

As a State fan, I'll be surprised if/when we see Dohm. Never heard anything official and now we keep saying 1 more week.

parabrave
03-28-2024, 02:25 PM
As a State fan, I'll be surprised if/when we see Dohm. Never heard anything official and now we keep saying 1 more week.

Some of the talking heads were speculating he might pitch this weekend.

Coach34
03-28-2024, 02:32 PM
hate hearing this.

Looks like they feel it will be awhile or maybe not get him back. Slide the other two up now and get a new Sunday guy

ZedFedder
03-28-2024, 02:55 PM
I think TBA is Stevens unless you feel you have to use him on Friday or Saturday.

I agree with Dohm? it keeps getting pushed further back.

Commercecomet24
03-28-2024, 03:06 PM
Dohm had a flexor tendon strain. Elbow was clean. I've heard just being extra cautious and making sure he's 100%. Loftin may get a start Sunday

somebodyshotmypaw
03-28-2024, 03:44 PM
Just a thought, but maybe this means Dohm is back. Using Khal Stephen then Loo gives them exactly one week between starts. Because the A&M series was Thu/Fri/Sat. So they didn't really "move up a day". If Dohm is available, this would give him an additional 2 days to get ready (starting Sunday rather than Friday). I have no idea really. But it's a thought.

StarkVegasSteve
03-28-2024, 04:21 PM
I think moving everyone up is as simple as knowing we need to get one of the first two because Caglione is pitching on Sunday.

Saltydog
03-28-2024, 04:22 PM
Instead of moving everyone up a day I like the idea of pitching Loftin and/or Stevens on Friday and keeping Stephen and Cijntje for the final two games.

Saltydog
03-28-2024, 04:23 PM
I think moving everyone up is as simple as knowing we need to get one of the first two because Caglione is pitching on Sunday.

I guess that makes sense. I thought he was their game two guy but I guess not.

preachermatt83
03-28-2024, 04:23 PM
Just a thought, but maybe this means Dohm is back. Using Khal Stephen then Loo gives them exactly one week between starts. Because the A&M series was Thu/Fri/Sat. So they didn't really "move up a day". If Dohm is available, this would give him an additional 2 days to get ready (starting Sunday rather than Friday). I have no idea really. But it's a thought.

This is what I’m wondering as well.

bigbub50
03-28-2024, 04:24 PM
I’m thinking tba is dohm if he continues to improve or loftin (he didn’t pitch midweek) or Siary. If you look at Floridas weekend numbers. Their game 3 has mostly been their fewest runs given up. The extra days rest this week allows you to shift everyone up without giving up a day of rest.

StarkVegasSteve
03-28-2024, 04:27 PM
I’m thinking tba is dohm if he continues to improve or loftin (he didn’t pitch midweek) or Siary. If you look at Floridas weekend numbers. Their game 3 has mostly been their fewest runs given up. The extra days rest this week allows you to shift everyone up without giving up a day of rest.

I think TBA depends on what we do on Friday and Saturday and who we have to use. In a perfect world you would love Stephen and Cijntje to have extended outings where we don't get too deep in our pen and could save Stevens and Siary for Sunday. But we have to make sure we get one of the first two and if that means sacrificing one, or both, of those guys to do it then I think we will.

preachermatt83
03-28-2024, 04:29 PM

This is what I’m hoping

KOdawg1
03-28-2024, 04:41 PM
Florida pitches Caglione on Sunday the same way we did with Loo. This is the first time all year we probably don't have the advantage on Sunday, so moving Loo to Saturday is the better move

bigbub50
03-28-2024, 04:52 PM
Possible reasons why Stephen and Loo slid up and tba on Sunday

1) it’s trending towards being dohm and they want the next cpl days to monitor to make sure their are no set backs and he is completely ready before naming him starter. This also buys two more days to rehab before having to pitch.

2) they know it’s not dohm and Florida has been lights out on Sunday, so we move our weakest starter to game 3 and not committing to who it is allows you to have all options in the pen for Friday and Saturday.

maroonmania
03-28-2024, 06:57 PM
Uh oh. We need Loo on Sunday.

Florida's best pitcher has been going on Sundays.

the_real_MSU_is_us
03-28-2024, 07:08 PM

1) it?s trending towards being dohm and they want the next cpl days to monitor to make sure their are no set backs and he is completely ready before naming him starter. This also buys two more days to rehab before having to pitch.

2) they know it?s not dohm and Florida has been lights out on Sunday, so we move our weakest starter to game 3 and not committing to who it is allows you to have all options in the pen for Friday and Saturday.

yeah but pitching Dohm on Sunday means he either A) is our Sunday guy from here on out, or B) he gets a short week and pitches next Friday. Maybe they'll just let him throw a few innings Sunday and see how his arm does, I don't know if "easing back into it" is a thing with these injuries or if it's all or nothing.

Todd4State
03-28-2024, 07:12 PM
I think it might be a way to give Dohm some extra rest and have his first start against Georgia in Starkville as opposed to on the road.

If that is the plan it will give Stephen and Loo an extra day of rest next week while keeping them on schedule for next week.

I'm sure it is somewhat match up based to in order to give us a more favorable match up

Commercecomet24
03-28-2024, 07:13 PM
I don't expect to see Dohm until uga. Heard that last week, but who knows.

ETA real possibility Loftin starts Sunday.

DawgFromOxford
03-28-2024, 07:20 PM

1) it’s trending towards being dohm and they want the next cpl days to monitor to make sure their are no set backs and he is completely ready before naming him starter. This also buys two more days to rehab before having to pitch.

In a vacuum this makes sense but then if you plan to return him to Friday starter status he?s on a short week of rest which doesn?t seem smart considering in this situation they are giving him extra rest due to injury. I would say odds are much higher that it?s not dohm than it being dohm but stranger things have happened

Todd4State
03-28-2024, 08:19 PM
I don't expect to see Dohm until uga. Heard that last week, but who knows.

ETA real possibility Loftin starts Sunday.

I hope so. I'm guessing it's either him or Siary. I want to start getting Loftin some SEC experience.

Coach34
03-28-2024, 08:43 PM
If Dohm was to pitch Sunday more than an inning or two there is no way he would start the next Friday

Commercecomet24
03-28-2024, 09:07 PM
I hope so. I'm guessing it's either him or Siary. I want to start getting Loftin some SEC experience.

I agree. He's got the rust off time to see what he can do against the league.

Todd4State
03-29-2024, 01:40 AM
I agree. He's got the rust off time to see what he can do against the league.

He would be great to pair up with Loo on Sundays IMO. If he can get SEC hitters out.

We know Loo can give us 4-5 innings so if Loftin can give us 2-3 that's like a quality start.

Todd4State
03-29-2024, 01:43 AM
If Dohm was to pitch Sunday more than an inning or two there is no way he would start the next Friday

If we pitch him on Sunday my guess is it would be in relief. And to me that would make me think that we would be thinking about moving him back to the bullpen for the rest of the year and maybe moving Stevens into the rotation.

But I think they just wait until Georgia.

preachermatt83
03-29-2024, 10:41 AM
A healthy Dohm is easily our best pitcher. We need him in the rotation. I’d be tickled to see him on saturdays moving forward. If, and that’s a big if, he’s healthy