PDA

View Full Version : Vandy on the verge of being swept

preachermatt83
03-24-2024, 02:41 PM
By South Carolina. On the road. And South Carolina lost series to OM on the road. Playing on the road in the sec in baseball is a very very difficult thing

EdwardDrayton
03-24-2024, 02:53 PM
I definitely could whistle about that. :)

preachermatt83
03-24-2024, 02:57 PM
And looks like uga, who was swept last week by Kentucky is about to sweep bama on the road. Again, Winning on the road in the sec is HARD

BeardoMSU
03-24-2024, 03:17 PM
OM got run-ruled twice at Tennessee. UT blew the game yesterday, otherwise it would've been a sweep.

CaptainObvious
03-24-2024, 03:25 PM
In baseball road games shouldn't matter.

Commercecomet24
03-24-2024, 03:55 PM

It's been proven year after year after year since it was invented at every level that home teams have an advantage.

BrunswickDawg
03-24-2024, 03:59 PM
It's been proven year after year after year since it was invented at every level that home teams have an advantage.

Hence, the term "home field advantage". It not like people made that up for no reason.
This is going to be a dogfight on the SEC this season. Tennessee might win big, and Mizzou might lose big (they did look better this weekend), and everyone else may be sandwiched between 15 and 17 wins.

Commercecomet24
03-24-2024, 04:00 PM
Hence, the term "home field advantage". It not like people made that up for no reason.
This is going to be a dogfight on the SEC this season. Tennessee might win big, and Mizzou might lose big (they did look better this weekend), and everyone else may be sandwiched between 15 and 17 wins.

Exactly! And this year looks like the most balanced and competitive the league has ever been. Every little edge(home field for instance) will make a difference! Very talented sec!

basedog
03-24-2024, 04:05 PM

Good points. May be a balance league. Ark and Ky both are playing good baseball early on.

MoreCowbell
03-24-2024, 08:16 PM
Good points. May be a balance league. Ark and Ky both are playing good baseball early on.
They each have played Mizzou

chef dixon
03-24-2024, 08:19 PM
NIL is going to slowly kill Vandy baseball

Coach34
03-24-2024, 08:29 PM

Vandy leads the SEC right now in projected draft picks in July- 13

They arent lacking talent. Problem is that the rest of the conference is extremely talented also

msstate7
03-24-2024, 08:37 PM

How does a full ride at vandy compare to sec NIL deals?

Todd4State
03-24-2024, 09:26 PM

I've been to some Super Regionals in Starkville and some playoff games in St. Louis where I would definitely say it was at least a little bit of a factor at least from a crowd standpoint.

Little things like being comfortable, knowing the outfield- especially if it has weird angles like Boston, being comfortable with the pitchers mound if you are a pitcher. All of those little things make a difference.

Todd4State
03-24-2024, 09:31 PM
How does a full ride at vandy compare to sec NIL deals?

It levels the playing field. Again- MLB prospects care ZERO about a "Vandy education." If they coveted that at all they wouldn't leave after three years without a degree. It's about having coaches that can develop them into MLB players- which Vandy had with Scott Brown and Derek Johnson. And then it becomes about scholarship money and before NIL Vandy absolutely had a huge advantage when they could offer a guy like Nolan Stevens a full ride with a "hardship" scholarship and we could only offer to pay half of his tuition.

NIL gives us a chance to bridge that gap and that takes away Vandy's advantage.

MSU can also waive out of state tuition for some Alabama residents and maybe Tennessee and we can still offer academic aid as well.

Coach34
03-24-2024, 10:05 PM

Tell me you dont know much about college sports without telling me you dont know much about college sports.

Home team wins 2/3 of the time in football, basketball, baseball

SPMT
03-24-2024, 11:19 PM
Tell me you dont know much about college sports without telling me you dont know much about college sports.

Home team wins 2/3 of the time in football, basketball, baseball

No shit! Captain obvious is actually captain oblivious

State82
03-25-2024, 08:48 AM

Baseball is the one team sport where every playing field is different.

Santiago
03-25-2024, 10:11 AM
But Corbin teaches the players the proper way to brush their teeth, and other life lessons. Winners in life ***