PDA

View Full Version : We came out of college station with one win

preachermatt83
03-23-2024, 04:56 PM
That?s all I could expect. Now get atleast 1 next weekend in Gainesville and I?m satisfied. Come back home and win 2 against Georgia. We are better than I think most folks thought. We are a 2 seed type tourney team. Much improved over last year.

DEDawg
03-23-2024, 04:58 PM
That?s all I could expect. Now get atleast 1 next weekend in Gainesville and I?m satisfied. Come back home and win 2 against Georgia. We are better than I think most folks thought. We are a 2 seed type tourney team. Much improved over last year.

Yep. If you told me we?d win LSU series and take 1 from A&M first 2 weeks we would all take that and be happy. Let?s find a way to steal a series on the road next week

somebodyshotmypaw
03-23-2024, 05:25 PM
Yep. We are 3-3. We need to win our midweek, then get 1 or 2 in Gainesville. Very important to avoid the sweep.

Santiago
03-23-2024, 05:52 PM
I guess I saw something different.
I saw an Aggie team with very talented young players, and pitchers, and all Schloss's recruits and transfers .

What I saw was a Lemonis team that even with a national championship, looks more on a decline that what I am seeing with these top SEC teams.
Does he really keep his job this season for being middle of the pack? He squandered opportunities to keep momentum the past 2 seasons.
Somehow he has lowered our expectations and excitement to something less than Omaha.

And this year, the praise goes to Parker, for turning things around with what he inherited. We do have good pitchers. But more that Parker has been the big reason we are competing.

msstate7
03-23-2024, 06:03 PM
I saw an Aggie team with very talented young players, and pitchers, and all Schloss's recruits and transfers .

What I saw was a Lemonis team that even with a national championship, looks more on a decline that what I am seeing with these top SEC teams.
Does he really keep his job this season for being middle of the pack? He squandered opportunities to keep momentum the past 2 seasons.
Somehow he has lowered our expectations and excitement to something less than Omaha.

And this year, the praise goes to Parker, for turning things around with what he inherited. We do have good pitchers. But more that Parker has been the big reason we are competing.

Ummm... even our best teams would be happy with 3-3 after playing 2 top 10 teams

Santiago
03-23-2024, 06:06 PM
Ummm... even our best teams would be happy with 3-3 after playing 2 top 10 teams

I am happy at being 3-3.
My comments was what I am seeing other teams stocking up for this year and next with talent that we do not have. What has Lemonis been doing . Other than 2 MS HS players that wanted to come to MSU, what else has he stacked on the lineup.

msstate7
03-23-2024, 06:08 PM
I am happy at being 3-3.
My comments was what I am seeing other teams stocking up for this year and next with talent that we do not have. What has Lemonis been doing . Other than 2 MS HS players that wanted to come to MSU, what else has he stacked on the lineup.

No problem with those questions. We do seem to have the talent to compete though, so I'll give him a pass for now

basedog
03-23-2024, 06:23 PM
We need to have mind set of winning every series. I ain’t buying thinking let’s win one.

msstate7
03-23-2024, 06:27 PM
We need to have mind set of winning every series. I ain’t buying thinking let’s win one.

Sure that would be nice, but it's not always a realistic goal at some venues.

Lord McBuckethead
03-23-2024, 06:47 PM
Well so for we have played well, but there is a long way to go and we need to keep winning games.

basedog
03-23-2024, 06:54 PM
Sure that would be nice, but it's not always a realistic goal at some venues.

Aggies may be one of the best in Sec, we need to win the Florida series. They haven’t lived up to expectations so far

msstate7
03-23-2024, 06:56 PM
Aggies may be one of the best in Sec, we need to win the Florida series. They haven’t lived up to expectations so far

They beat aTm 2-1 at home last week, and they lost last night at lsu. They're 2-2.

Coach34
03-23-2024, 07:44 PM
People were worried we would go 0-9 or 1-8 to start the SEC- we are sitting at 3-3 and in a good spot heading into next week. We are ranked.

If you arent happy with baseball right now- you just choose not to be. As far as Parker goes, he has done a good job but this was what was expected out of this staff this year. I've been saying it for months. Parker even said it himself- "most talented staff he has ever coached"

Commercecomet24
03-23-2024, 08:09 PM
People were worried we would go 0-9 or 1-8 to start the SEC- we are sitting at 3-3 and in a good spot heading into next week. We are ranked.

If you arent happy with baseball right now- you just choose not to be. As far as Parker goes, he has done a good job but this was what was expected out of this staff this year. I've been saying it for months. Parker even said it himself- "most talented staff he has ever coached"

This is 100% correct!

preachermatt83
03-23-2024, 09:26 PM

Yup

DownwardDawg
03-23-2024, 10:01 PM

I have to agree.

the_real_MSU_is_us
03-23-2024, 10:10 PM
I think we can say we're a top 25, maybe top 20 team. Good enough to steal a game or series vs anybody if we come in particularly hot, but also we can drop a series vs unranked teams.

All in all we're better than I thought we'd be, but still not at the "State level" of competing for hosting.

If we get into the Host conversation I'll be happy with keeping Lemo. If we aren't in the hosting convo BUT win a regional, I'll be happy with keeping lemo. If we continue to look like a top 25 team and playing hard, I'm fine with keeping lemo even if we get bounced as a 2 seed, but I'm not excited about him coming back in that case. Remember this is an "up" year in the cycle, next year we will likely be worse.

Watching Montgomery tee off on us really added insult to injury. We HAVE to be able to get an extra elite player from the Portal to add to the home grown talent, and Lemo failed. So I'm probably being more negative overall than I should be because of that

Todd4State
03-23-2024, 10:22 PM

I think our roster construction for this year is more about us having a lot of coaching changes between 2016-2019 which is when many of these juniors would have been recruited and Foxhall not being very good causing us to lose or not develop some pitchers. I think that hurt us in the portal some too.

But I don't think we're on a decline. We were 0-6 in the SEC at this point last year with one of the sweeps being to Kentucky in which we were run ruled at least once. (Yikes!)

I think we're in a soft rebuild essentially. About half of our starters are from the portal. Dohm, Stephen, Long/Powell, Larry, Kohler, and Hujsack. Our most talented players are our freshmen or sophomores right now. And those guys have a LOT of upside. I'm sure we'll lose Dakota Jordan to the draft so I'm not going to include him. But Loo, Loftin, Nolan Stevens, Logan Forsythe, Makhai Grant, Luke Dotson, Black maybe Highfill depending on how his rehab goes, Jackson McKenzie, Mershon, Dylan Cupp, Ethan Pulliam, Rives Reynolds, Spalitta, Chance plus whatever freshmen we bring in next year. I think we're in pretty good shape overall right now as far as the future is concerned. I think we're going to be in a position where we can go after the best available in the portal but at the same time don't have a ton of just glaring needs either other than maybe catcher. I could see us potentially keeping Tyson Hardin and Cam Schuelke for their senior years as well plus Pico should be 100% next year too.

I think we can make a SR this year or at worst a regional but in 2025 and 2026 we look like we potentially have some talented teams like we're used to.

Todd4State
03-23-2024, 10:30 PM
I think we can say we're a top 25, maybe top 20 team. Good enough to steal a game or series vs anybody if we come in particularly hot, but also we can drop a series vs unranked teams.

All in all we're better than I thought we'd be, but still not at the "State level" of competing for hosting.

If we get into the Host conversation I'll be happy with keeping Lemo. If we aren't in the hosting convo BUT win a regional, I'll be happy with keeping lemo. If we continue to look like a top 25 team and playing hard, I'm fine with keeping lemo even if we get bounced as a 2 seed, but I'm not excited about him coming back in that case. Remember this is an "up" year in the cycle, next year we will likely be worse.

Watching Montgomery tee off on us really added insult to injury. We HAVE to be able to get an extra elite player from the Portal to add to the home grown talent, and Lemo failed. So I'm probably being more negative overall than I should be because of that

Losing Dakota Jordan and Hunter Hines will hurt more than anything. But I think our pitching will be much better.

Fri- Stevens?
Sat- Loftin
Sun- Loo

Really need a RHP that is elite to start. Hopefully Parker can land someone.

Closer- Forsythe
Set-up Dotson
Wild Card- Makhai Grant coming off of Tommy John. If he is healthy he could be the elite RHP we need. It's going to be interesting to see how they use Stevens next year as a true dual position guy.

C- Highfill?/Spalitta/Transfer
1B- McKenzie
2B- Mershon
3B- Transfer or Henry Allen
SS- Cupp

LF- Chance or Aaron Downs if he comes back as a senior
CF- Dante Nori- elite freshman who should start day one next year
RF- Stevens

Todd4State
03-23-2024, 10:33 PM

Yep. Texas A&M has the second best team ERA in the SEC right now. We scored more than their average allowed in two of the games and almost matched it with the Mopoleon ump show today. It was also our first road trip and without our ace. We handled it OK overall.

HoopsDawg
03-24-2024, 12:01 AM

Shame Lemon couldn't pickup a RH bat out of the portal.

HoopsDawg
03-24-2024, 12:06 AM

Or a LH bat. Of course we have Stevens hanging out in the dugout.

Reunion Dog
03-24-2024, 01:41 AM
That?s the STUPIDEST thing I have seen on here in a while. You are a 17 STUPID MFER

somebodyshotmypaw
03-24-2024, 07:52 AM
That?s the STUPIDEST thing I have seen on here in a while. You are a 17 STUPID MFER

Posted at 1:41 AM on Sunday morning. Go to bed, you are drunk.

MBDawg601
03-24-2024, 10:35 AM
Night and day difference from last year to this year.

We competed. Aggies have lost 3 games all year. We are one of those 3. We DRILLED an LSU team that is a top 10 team, for sure.

We are in the mix. If you can't enjoy watching us compete, which we have, it is a YOU problem.

ArrowDawg
03-24-2024, 12:02 PM

If we're truly good, we should win the UF series. Taking one at TAMU was fine.

msstate7
03-24-2024, 12:20 PM

I'm interested in this line of thinking. Florida is ranked ahead of aTm, and they won a home series vs aTm

parabrave
03-24-2024, 12:45 PM

Going on the road and taking one from a top 10 team, w/o your best pitcher, is considered acceptable.

Santiago
03-24-2024, 01:19 PM
The past couple of seasons have made some fans soft. Posts on here happy with taking one game this weekend, hoping for just 1 game against Florida. I get that is baseball reality, but at some point, I would like our national championship HC to actually parlay into a team with as much talent as we are playing against.
It should be ok on here to both be surprised at 3-3, but also wonder how we have not developed since the title run compared to the top of the SEC teams raising the bar.

msstate7
03-24-2024, 01:21 PM
The past couple of seasons have made some fans soft. Posts on here happy with taking one game this weekend, hoping for just 1 game against Florida. I get that is baseball reality, but at some point, I would like our national championship HC to actually parlay into a team with as much talent as we are playing against.
It should be ok on here to both be surprised at 3-3, but also wonder how we have not developed since the title run compared to the top of the SEC teams raising the bar.

We're 3-3 vs championship level teams.

Dawgface
03-24-2024, 01:27 PM
Im fine where we are right now. Hopefully the team will continue to improve as the year goes on. If so we will certainly make the SEC tournament. NCAA?s? To be determined.

Santiago
03-24-2024, 01:28 PM

Again...we can be happy with that, but still be sour as hell about what has Lemonis developed on his own, and his evaluations so far. I hope the 3-3 launches into a good year, and a good next season.
I can still be skeptical of his evaluations for the long term as we watch "Championship teams" and ask if we have similar freshmen and sophomores, returning for next year.

CaptainObvious
03-24-2024, 01:41 PM

I'm old enough to remember we State was a Championship level program.

In Football, State never will be unless the inevitable breakaway of the Big schools happens and State is allowed to cheat like the rest of them.

In Basketball, State is not and has never been, but with the right recruiting and a little legal cheating can be competitive with C level programs.

In Women's basketball State has been to the Top and again, signing top 100 players, might could again.

But in Baseball, it should be in the top 5 SEC programs every year.

msstate7
03-24-2024, 01:46 PM
I'm old enough to remember we State was a Championship level program.

In Football, State never will be unless the inevitable breakaway of the Big schools happens and State is allowed to cheat like the rest of them.

In Basketball, State is not and has never been, but with the right recruiting and a little legal cheating can be competitive with C level programs.

In Women's basketball State has been to the Top and again, signing top 100 players, might could again.

But in Baseball, it should be in the top 5 SEC programs every year.

Why should we be top 5 in the sec every year in baseball? Is our NIL top 5? Do we have a recruiting advantage like vandy?

ETA... now we certainly shouldn't be horrible like the last 2 years.

basedog
03-24-2024, 02:33 PM
I'm interested in this line of thinking. Florida is ranked ahead of aTm, and they won a home series vs aTm
K
Florida going into today’s game are 13-9. No way should they be ranked so high at least today. They are beatable as we are.
I am hoping we win the series agaist them. Lemonis is in year 6, too many on ED making excuses for him. I’m not big fan of him, I just want us to go into each series with confidence and thinking we will or can win. Btw, 3-3 is ok, I’m not mad about where we are, I just want us to be better.

basedog
03-24-2024, 02:36 PM
K
Florida going into today’s game are 13-9. No way should they be ranked so high at least today. They are beatable as we are.
I am hoping we win the series agaist them. Lemonis is in year 6, too many on ED making excuses for him. I’m not big fan of him, I just want us to go into each series with confidence and thinking we will or can win. Btw, 3-3 is ok, I’m not mad about where we are, I just want us to be better.

P.S. just because I’m not a big fan doesn’t mean I want him to be fired or lose games. I’m all in for MSU Baseball. I have seen many MSU baseball games home and away.

mparkerfd20
03-24-2024, 02:38 PM

Drunk or not if you're talking about Santiago's post I couldn't agree more with you.

Quaoarsking
03-24-2024, 03:10 PM
Why should we be top 5 in the sec every year in baseball? Is our NIL top 5? Do we have a recruiting advantage like vandy?

We're definitely top five in the country as far as caring about baseball and wanting to be successful in it. Baseball is too fickle of a game for anyone to ever be top 5 "every year" but we should be top 5 in the SEC more often that not, that's for sure.

John Cohen did it in 4 of his last 5 seasons. Cannizaro did it. Henderson tied for 7th with a dumpster fire coaching situation. Lemonis did in his first 2 years.

That's a 9-year stretch with 8 SEC seasons and 6 top 5 finishes. The remaining 2 were 15-15 and then a really bad year where we immediately bounced back though. There are lots of coaches out there who could have us in the top 5 in the SEC more often that not. I hope that Lemonis is one of them, but if he's not, he's can, should, and will be replaced by someone who is.

basedog
03-24-2024, 03:44 PM
My bad ms7, LSU is rated way too high. Gators kicking them to the curb today. LOL.

BrunswickDawg
03-24-2024, 04:26 PM
We're definitely top five in the country as far as caring about baseball and wanting to be successful in it. Baseball is too fickle of a game for anyone to ever be top 5 "every year" but we should be top 5 in the SEC more often that not, that's for sure.

John Cohen did it in 4 of his last 5 seasons. Cannizaro did it. Henderson tied for 7th with a dumpster fire coaching situation. Lemonis did in his first 2 years.

That's a 9-year stretch with 8 SEC seasons and 6 top 5 finishes. The remaining 2 were 15-15 and then a really bad year where we immediately bounced back though. There are lots of coaches out there who could have us in the top 5 in the SEC more often that not. I hope that Lemonis is one of them, but if he's not, he's can, should, and will be replaced by someone who is.

Look, I want us to win and excel as much as anyone. And my expectations are that if we aren't competing to host the we aren't successful. That being said, this isn't the SEC of Ron Polk where MSU cared and no one else did. Since UGA won the SEC's first CWS in 1990, a total of 7 SEC schools have won. Arkansas has been within 1 out of a win. And adding Texas and OK add two more championship teams to that list; and A&M, Tennessee and Auburn have all been to the CWS in the last half decade. Kentucky and Bama have both made Supers last year. That means we have exactly 1 team that hasn't shown they are able to build a winner - Missouri. As much as SEC football is a league where the margin of error is thin - SEC baseball has become that on steroids. I think this I going to be a season where this becomes abundantly clear - and teams 1-13 may be stacked up and all fall within 14-17 wins. Tennessee may, may be an exception to this - but I don't think anyone else runs away from the pack.

Commercecomet24
03-24-2024, 04:30 PM
Look, I want us to win and excel as much as anyone. And my expectations are that if we aren't competing to host the we aren't successful. That being said, this isn't the SEC of Ron Polk where MSU cared and no one else did. Since UGA won the SEC's first CWS in 1990, a total of 7 SEC schools have won. Arkansas has been within 1 out of a win. And adding Texas and OK add two more championship teams to that list; and A&M, Tennessee and Auburn have all been to the CWS in the last half decade. Kentucky and Bama have both made Supers last year. That means we have exactly 1 team that hasn't shown they are able to build a winner - Missouri. As much as SEC football is a league where the margin of error is thin - SEC baseball has become that on steroids. I think this I going to be a season where this becomes abundantly clear - and teams 1-13 may be stacked up and all fall within 14-17 wins. Tennessee may, may be an exception to this - but I don't think anyone else runs away from the pack.

100% agree with all points! As good as the sec is in football the sec baseball has surpassed it big time in competitiveness and balance. It's literally dog eat dog every weekend. Anyone can sweep or anyone can get swept. It's awesome to watch so much good baseball so close to home!

R2Dawg
03-24-2024, 05:12 PM

I think TAMU is better than folks think. That is a top 5 team and Omaha contender. We held our own and could have won series minus one swing in game one.

R2Dawg
03-24-2024, 05:17 PM

What recruiting advantage does Vandy have in NIL era? None now.

Bothrops
03-24-2024, 05:18 PM
We haven't played well against Florida in a long time. This is a massive challenge to get 2/3 and a challenge to get one.

msstate7
03-24-2024, 05:19 PM
What recruiting advantage does Vandy have in NIL era? None now.

You still have to pay tuition. Tuition at vandy is one hell of a pay day.

Todd4State
03-24-2024, 05:24 PM
You still have to pay tuition. Tuition at vandy is one hell of a pay day.

Their fan base is a creepy old guy who whistles. He spent all of his NIL on his wrap for his van.

They have zero NIL base. Once Corbin leaves their reputation dies. It's already dwindling.

Coach34
03-24-2024, 06:01 PM

I?ve figured this out about Lemon and it may end up being what gets him fired at some point:

It?s not that he couldn?t get another bat in the portal- he was committed to Trout/Downs. This explains some of the moves they have made. Lemon basically said it himself back in the Fall.

basedog
03-24-2024, 06:32 PM
I?ve figured this out about Lemon and it may end up being what gets him fired at some point:

It?s not that he couldn?t get another bat in the portal- he was committed to Trout/Downs. This explains some of the moves they have made. Lemon basically said it himself back in the Fall.

Well u nailed it. This ain't the first he has done things like this.

BrunswickDawg
03-24-2024, 06:34 PM
Well u nailed it. This ain't the first he has done things like this.

Mullen was bad about it too. They have their "guys" and they damn near have to be dead before they lose their spot.

Commercecomet24
03-24-2024, 06:48 PM
Mullen was bad about it too. They have their "guys" and they damn near have to be dead before they lose their spot.

Right and it's hard to understand, because I like to win! Heck I'd sit my own son if he wasn't producing!

maroonmania
03-24-2024, 07:16 PM
Florida goes into BR and takes 2 of 3 from LSU. Gonna be another difficult series next weekend.

Todd4State
03-24-2024, 07:30 PM

A lot of fans thought we would be 0-6 in SEC play at this point and that we would be following Campbell baseball as much as MSU baseball.

Todd4State
03-24-2024, 07:39 PM

This is a good post. I also want us to have teams that win the SEC and SEC Tournament. But the reality is like you said- I don't think we'll see very many true "dynasties"- at least not like we saw with LSU in the 1990's anymore. There is way too much parity. And because of that honestly- if we're able to get in we have a chance even if that means we won 13 SEC games which is not great. That's essentially what happened with Ole Miss. I think they actually won 14 but you get what I'm saying.

If we make a regional it's probably going to be us, two mid majors and then a 1 or 2 seed that's an ACC team or someone like Oregon. If we navigate that- and the truth is most regionals are easier than what we typically get on a SEC weekend especially if we stay in the winner's bracket- then we get a three game series to go to Omaha. All it takes then is a good weekend and you're back in Omaha.

And that's not to say that we shouldn't strive to have a 25-5 SEC team, be the number one National Seed and all of that. It's more about the context of the situation.

Todd4State
03-24-2024, 07:42 PM

Yeah. With baseball in the portal you just have to try to get the best guys possible and then figure it out. That said- he was certainly willing to take Montgomery which would have without question sent Downs and Chance to the bench.

We'll see if a better season helps us to land better players like that or not.

schddog72
03-24-2024, 08:00 PM

THIS!!!

Santiago
03-24-2024, 08:02 PM
A lot of fans thought we would be 0-6 in SEC play at this point and that we would be following Campbell baseball as much as MSU baseball.

Campbell coach has an eye for talent and can evaluate, so he should still be a person of interest.
As much as we say look at us at 3-3, at A&M they could be saying that second game was a loss due to one swing by Hinds, and their second baseman screwing up an easy double play.
Not sure many though we would be 0-6, but most were just hoping for 1 win each series which is sad that is the best we were hoping from Lemonis after this many seasons.
We came out of the first 6 games basically 1 game better than expected, and that was with some help from the Aggies.

What I am seeing is a gritty fun team to watch, but at the same team looking at Lemonis as this is the best he has built on his own, compared to the talent stacked on other teams.

basedog
03-24-2024, 08:31 PM
Campbell coach has an eye for talent and can evaluate, so he should still be a person of interest.
As much as we say look at us at 3-3, at A&M they could be saying that second game was a loss due to one swing by Hinds, and their second baseman screwing up an easy double play.
Not sure many though we would be 0-6, but most were just hoping for 1 win each series which is sad that is the best we were hoping from Lemonis after this many seasons.
We came out of the first 6 games basically 1 game better than expected, and that was with some help from the Aggies.

What I am seeing is a gritty fun team to watch, but at the same team looking at Lemonis as this is the best he has built on his own, compared to the talent stacked on other teams.

I can’t disagree.

Coach34
03-24-2024, 08:39 PM

Schools have runs and enjoy them. We were never going to be some juggernaut that is Omaha or Bust. Thats unrealistic. Shit- even LSU has learned that lesson.

We had a run and then the constant chaos at HC caused recruiting to slip some. We have leveled things out and will be back in the Tourney this summer. Up to Lemon after the season to pull some portal guys to fill holes. He keeps recruiting well. Tough luck our best freshman arm went straight TJ surgery. It happens

Todd4State
03-24-2024, 08:57 PM

There were definitely plenty of fans that said "I want to wait until after we play three SEC series" to make a "judgement" on the team. Even though it was pretty clear that many of them expected us to fail miserably. There were talks about the potential of firing Lemonis midseason.

Right now there are only four teams that have better records than MSU in SEC play at this point. Two of those are only one game better. Yes, it is early. But we're certainly holding our own and I don't think there is any question that we're performing better than some of the other big name teams in the SEC like LSU and Vanderbilt.

Personally, I was hoping for a series win and we had a very real chance to do that. I can certainly accept a 1-2 weekend to this Texas A&M team on the road. A&M is what they are this year- they were 9-21 in SEC play in 2021 FWIW so things can change pretty quickly. Next year A&M may be very beatable and we sweep them the next time we play. We'll see.

Todd4State
03-24-2024, 09:01 PM
Schools have runs and enjoy them. We were never going to be some juggernaut that is Omaha or Bust. Thats unrealistic. Shit- even LSU has learned that lesson.

We had a run and then the constant chaos at HC caused recruiting to slip some. We have leveled things out and will be back in the Tourney this summer. Up to Lemon after the season to pull some portal guys to fill holes. He keeps recruiting well. Tough luck our best freshman arm went straight TJ surgery. It happens

Yes. Which is why our team is actually pretty heavily built through the portal. At some point we were going to have to pay the piper. Having Foxhall as our pitching coach only compounded it worse.

Most fans don't understand that this current freshman class we just added this year is the first one since we won the NC- and therefore the first one where we reap the benefits of the NC. Which is a big reason why our powers that be were against firing Lemonis in the first place. And it's looks like they were pretty spot on.

None of this is a surprise to you and me though.

Todd4State
03-24-2024, 09:04 PM
And I'll add- I really think by next year we will be back to what we "expect" to be.

Really it's a matter of not getting decimated in the draft which I don't anticipate and hopefully with a successful season we can attract better portal talent.

This definitely appears to be a season we can build upon at the very least.

Commercecomet24
03-24-2024, 09:08 PM
Yes. Which is why our team is actually pretty heavily built through the portal. At some point we were going to have to pay the piper. Having Foxhall as our pitching coach only compounded it worse.

Most fans don't understand that this current freshman class we just added this year is the first one since we won the NC- and therefore the first one where we reap the benefits of the NC. Which is a big reason why our powers that be were against firing Lemonis in the first place. And it's looks like they were pretty spot on.

Also I think a lot of folks are still viewing sec baseball through the 70's and 80's lens when we were kings. That all changed in the 90's when everyone else jumped on board and started caring and it's even more so now!

Coach34
03-24-2024, 09:08 PM

exactly

Coach34
03-24-2024, 09:11 PM
Also I think a lot of folks are still viewing sec baseball through the 70's and 80's lens when we were kings. That all changed in the 90's when everyone else jumped on board and started caring and it's even more so now!

100%

SEC baseball is actually greater than SEC Football. SEC Football is 2 teams- Bama and Georgia. SEC baseball is 10 teams

Commercecomet24
03-24-2024, 09:13 PM
100%

SEC baseball is actually greater than SEC Football. SEC Football is 2 teams- Bama and Georgia. SEC baseball is 10 teams

Yeah sec baseball is sec football on mega steroids. It's brutal every weekend and it's not a surprise when we get 10 teams in every year and win the natty more often than not.

Todd4State
03-24-2024, 09:22 PM
Yeah sec baseball is sec football on mega steroids. It's brutal every weekend and it's not a surprise when we get 10 teams in every year and win the natty more often than not.

That's why I was laughing at fans lamenting about our SEC schedule when it came out. I was like- looks like a normal year to me!

You can't hide for 10 weeks in this league.

Commercecomet24
03-24-2024, 09:25 PM
That's why I was laughing at fans lamenting about our SEC schedule when it came out. I was like- looks like a normal year to me!

You can't hide for 10 weeks in this league.

Yep there's no easy outs. No pasty's in this league, accept for maybe Missouri. Every weekend is a playoff type atmosphere.

gtowndawg
03-25-2024, 08:14 AM
As Jim Ross from the WWE use to say, "this ain't no bed and breakfast!"

Santiago
03-25-2024, 10:13 AM
I am ready to see Texas join, and face reality in college baseball. They have had an easy go in the Big 12 for years.
Plus it only helps open more TX recruiting for the SEC
TX baseball in the SEC though just adds another level of quality and viewership and a TX state wide eye opener to the quality of SEC baseball.

R2Dawg
03-25-2024, 11:57 AM
Yep there's no easy outs. No pasty's in this league, accept for maybe Missouri. Every weekend is a playoff type atmosphere.

Yeah and even Mizzou cost us an SEC title in 21

basedog
03-25-2024, 12:16 PM
100%

Has been greater for at least 30 years now.