PDA

View Full Version : Kholer

preachermatt83
03-21-2024, 09:20 PM
I know he?s very good defensively but his struggles with that bat have got to be figured out. He?s having some of the most non-competitive at-bats. He really needs to get going for us to be very successful.

msstate7
03-21-2024, 09:28 PM
Kohler, catcher, and cupp basically make scoring at the bottom of the lineup immensely hard. I can't believe we went back to cupp after scoring double digits both games without him

Commercecomet24
03-21-2024, 10:02 PM
Kohler and Long both contributed aginst lsu last weekend. Now cupp, great defender but bats just not there yet. Go back to the explosive lineup and let cupp get some work
midweek. We need every sec win we can get. Let's hope lemon goes back to the better lineup the rest of this weekend

ETA I was really surprised when he didn't stick with the lineup that was working. I would have

preachermatt83
03-21-2024, 10:36 PM
Kohler and Long both contributed aginst lsu last weekend. Now cupp, great defender but bats just not there yet. Go back to the explosive lineup and let cupp get some work
midweek. We need every sec win we can get. Let's hope lemon goes back to the better lineup the rest of this weekend

ETA I was really surprised when he didn't stick with the lineup that was working. I would have

I agree with this. I’m a big Lemo guy. But I think it would have been wise to stick with what works

Commercecomet24
03-21-2024, 10:57 PM
I agree with this. I’m a big Lemo guy. But I think it would have been wise to stick with what works

Amen! It looked like that lineup was really clicking. Let's hope he sees the light for the rest of the weekend and goes back to it!

basedog
03-22-2024, 04:34 AM
Amen! It looked like that lineup was really clicking. Let's hope he sees the light for the rest of the weekend and goes back to it!

I'm not surprised.

Commercecomet24
03-22-2024, 09:07 AM
I'm not surprised.

I was, but it's probably because I knew which lineup I would use, lol.

basedog
03-22-2024, 01:56 PM
I was, but it's probably because I knew which lineup I would use, lol.

24, seems Lemonis may be listening or asking for advise in making out his lineup. His decision making is awful, he looks nervous and unsure at times from the dugout. He looks more at ease on the bucket. LOL. Hope we win today.

parabrave
03-22-2024, 02:24 PM
right now Kohler is the DJ of the BB team. His defense outweighs his current lack of bat. If if anyone remembers out 3rd base defense the last few years it's a no brainer tradeoff. This is baseball and he is young so his bat may come alive more consistently later in the season.

Cooterpoot
03-22-2024, 03:21 PM
right now Kohler is the DJ of the BB team. His defense outweighs his current lack of bat. If if anyone remembers out 3rd base defense the last few years it's a no brainer tradeoff. This is baseball and he is young so his bat may come alive more consistently later in the season.

He's young? He's a SR. Put Chance at DH and sit Cupp. It's not hard Lemons and give Stevens some ABs off the bench.

R2Dawg
03-22-2024, 05:14 PM

Good comparison. DJ did kinda settle down at end of year and contribute where he should. Kohler had decent numbers last year and now looks uncomfortable at the plate. Maybe he figures it out.

R2Dawg
03-22-2024, 05:14 PM
He's young? He's a SR. Put Chance at DH and sit Cupp. It's not hard Lemons and give Stevens some ABs off the bench.

Agree Cupp needs midweek reps this year. He'll be good down the road.

bulldogcountry1
03-22-2024, 09:05 PM
Kohler is a dead pull hitter with no power. That?s not going to cut it in the SEC where pitchers can locate.

The Federalist Engineer
03-23-2024, 02:32 AM
If MSU needs a bat, then Mershon to 3B

Then you can bat Stevens, Chance, or McKenzie as DH.

But Kohler is supposed to hit. He was a 330 hitter with 11 HR hitter at Memphis

maroonmania
03-23-2024, 07:16 AM
If MSU needs a bat, then Mershon to 3B

Then you can bat Stevens, Chance, or McKenzie as DH.

But Kohler is supposed to hit. He was a 330 hitter with 11 HR hitter at Memphis

Exactly, dude had a good bat at Memphis last year. Even if you shaved 50 points off the batting average and a few HRs for playing in the SEC now I would take a .280 hitter with 8 HRs from a really good defensive 3rd baseman. I'm concerned that shoulder injury he got early on is still nagging him at the plate.