PDA

View Full Version : Nolan Stevens is the best player in the country

cheewgumm
03-19-2024, 07:27 PM
Prove me wrong

CaptainObvious
03-19-2024, 07:37 PM
Prove me wrong

Shhhh. Let's keep that a secret. We don't want Cal St. Fullerton or Fresno St. coming in and stealing him back home.

Cowbell
03-19-2024, 08:56 PM
DJ is that guy

Saltydog
03-19-2024, 09:04 PM
Charlie Condon disagrees......Guys numbers are off the charts.....

ZedFedder
03-19-2024, 09:10 PM
Stevens has a gorgeous swing. Assuming he doesn?t leave in the portal, you?ve got essentially two stud players in one with him moving forward on the mound and at the plate.

ZedFedder
03-19-2024, 09:11 PM
Also, Logan Forsythe needs more innings.

BrunswickDawg
03-19-2024, 09:22 PM
Charlie Condon disagrees......Guys numbers are off the charts.....

Condon is a classic story of a small, private school guy everyone missed on. Only had an offer from Rhodes before getting a late walk on spot at UGA, then redshirts. Strickland told me before the UGA-UK game last year that Condon just forced his way into the lineup because he could hit everything. He seemed shocked by it. Guess that lack of recognition of talent is why he got fired.

TNDawg35
03-19-2024, 10:37 PM
I wish he could move into the DH role, but Lemonis made the comment if he pitches like he did last wk, that is alot on his body this early in his career. I agree to a degree. Right now we need the pitching Stevens and the hitter is second. He is the kind of guy you build a line up around.

I wish some of you would quit with the whole well if so and so stays and doesnt leave in the portal. Name a player we have lost who wasnt a cancer or we let go cause they were playing like shit. We are not the same as football. We are one of the big dogs in baseball no matter what has happened the last 2 years.

preachermatt83
03-19-2024, 11:53 PM

Yessir

preachermatt83
03-19-2024, 11:55 PM
I wish he could move into the DH role, but Lemonis made the comment if he pitches like he did last wk, that is alot on his body this early in his career. I agree to a degree. Right now we need the pitching Stevens and the hitter is second. He is the kind of guy you build a line up around.

I wish some of you would quit with the whole well if so and so stays and doesnt leave in the portal. Name a player we have lost who wasnt a cancer or we let go cause they were playing like shit. We are not the same as football. We are one of the big dogs in baseball no matter what has happened the last 2 years.

Solid post

Commercecomet24
03-20-2024, 12:03 AM

Excellent post!

Homedawg
03-20-2024, 12:33 AM
Prove me wrong

Maybe just a a tad too small of sample size. Just a tad. But he's a good one and doing the be a great two way player

The Federalist Engineer
03-20-2024, 01:21 AM
Maybe just a a tad too small of sample size. Just a tad. But he's a good one and doing the be a great two way player

Nolan Stevens is basically Roy Hobbs. He's saving Pop Fisher from the axe.

I know this because I once saw Nolan strike out the The Whammer on three pitches at the Airport in Denver. A fastball, a whipeout slider, and then a high fast ball with left right break. Whammer got mad about a spitball.

Todd4State
03-20-2024, 01:42 AM

I know this because I once saw Nolan strike out the The Whammer on three pitches at the Airport in Denver. A fastball, a whipeout slider, and then a high fast ball with left right break. Whammer got mad about a spitball.

Video?**

Todd4State
03-20-2024, 01:43 AM

We certainly aren't losing him to Cal State Fullerton.

Big issue with Stevens is he missed most of the fall with an injury. So physically they may be concerned that he is behind a little bit.

Todd4State
03-20-2024, 01:45 AM

Absolutely. If Auger struggles he may be a darkhorse closer candidate. He has earned more opportunities. I wish we could have gotten him in against LSU late right before we run ruled them. (That felt really good to type)

Come to think of it- when Dohm comes back closer might be a perfect role for Stevens this year.

Leroy Jenkins
03-20-2024, 06:48 AM
Prove me wrong

Have you seen Caglianone?

gtowndawg
03-20-2024, 08:12 AM

Just keep him away from the dames

sandjunky
03-20-2024, 08:32 AM

Career killers

viverlibre
03-20-2024, 09:59 AM

It's undefeated and untied throughout human history.

Todd4State
03-20-2024, 10:13 PM
Have you seen Caglianone?

Stevens time will come.

cheewgumm
03-21-2024, 10:29 AM
I was half joking but good lord he looks great and is performing.

Agree his time will come. Probably sooner than later.

Coach34
03-21-2024, 12:32 PM
He should DH against every RHP we play

Todd4State
03-21-2024, 12:45 PM
He should DH against every RHP we play

He is either going to have to be used like Bobby Thigpen as a closer/OF or like Auburn used Tim Hudson back in the day.

RockyDog
03-21-2024, 08:39 PM
Best player getting rocked tonight

cheewgumm
03-21-2024, 08:43 PM
That?s baseball

preachermatt83
03-21-2024, 10:39 PM
Best player getting rocked tonight

He got rocked for a part of one inning. Was great after that.

Commercecomet24
03-21-2024, 11:02 PM
He got rocked for a part of one inning. Was great after that.

Really just one bad pitch(outside of the 2 walks before) he was really good again after the 5th. I mean it does happen to every pitcher to have a bad inning. Stevens is a fine player!

ETA also showed how poised he is for a freshman not to let that inning snowball into a blowout. He's gonna be a great one! He's poised and cool!

preachermatt83
03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Really just one bad pitch(outside of the 2 walks before) he was really good again after the 5th. I mean it does happen to every pitcher to have a bad inning. Stevens is a fine player!

ETA also showed how poised he is for a freshman not to let that inning snowball into a blowout. He's gonna be a great one! He's poised and cool!

Exactly!

parabrave
03-22-2024, 02:49 AM

Yep but he needs to better check out babes he picks up.