PDA

View Full Version : Bonner say

CJDAWG85
12-08-2013, 04:41 PM
LIBERTY!!!!!!!!!

BeastMan
12-08-2013, 04:44 PM
I said it on Monday with an explanation as to why it would happen. But hey, what do I know?

TheRef
12-08-2013, 04:46 PM
I said it on Monday with an explanation as to why it would happen. But hey, what do I know?

And Bonner gave you no credit...said that someone else called it first.

Coach34
12-08-2013, 04:48 PM
Shout out to Vandy for wanting the hell out of Tennessee- good luck guys

BeastMan
12-08-2013, 04:49 PM

I doubt Bonner knows I exist. My article was referenced and given proper citing on ESPN radio in Jackson on Tuesday though (Home Cookin).

bluelightstar
12-08-2013, 04:50 PM

He mentioned who reported it as official first, not who accurately predicted it first.

BeastMan
12-08-2013, 04:56 PM
He mentioned who reported it as official first, not who accurately predicted it first.

He did. Which is different. But just fwiw, I did more than a blind prediction. I had strong sourcing from someone very important to MSU tell me off the record before Arkansas that if we win out it was a done deal period. Then I also got another message the day I wrote it (Monday) which 100% confirmed we were going to Memphis. All that led to me writing and explaining this:

" The Music City Bowl does not want home town Vanderbilt. With Ole Miss being 7-4, the SEC office would allow the Rebels to be taken ahead. I think the Music City Bowl does that without blinking because Ole Miss would bring better attendance, TV numbers, and money for Nashville tourism. Now to the tricky part. The SEC has mandated that a 6 win team (MSU in this case) cannot be selected ahead of an 8 win team (Vandy). The Liberty and the BBVA share the SEC’s #8 and #9 selections and the process is very murky. Straight from the SEC’s official website: “The AutoZone Liberty and BBVA Compass Bowls share the eighth and ninth selections and will make their selections, not in any specific order, but in consultation with the SEC Office.” The Liberty Bowl has made no secret that they really want MSU. I think the SEC office allows the BBVA to have the 8th pick this year and they take Vandy. That leaves pick #9 with the Liberty and they take MSU."

In summary, I had 2 independent sources tell me it was Liberty but I wanted go a step above just predicting Liberty and citing mysterious "sources".